Bill, Melinda Gates Donate $1 Million To Gun Control Campaign

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
The NRA has come up with about $25,000.

Bill Melinda Gates Donate 1 Million To Gun Control Campaign

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and his wife, Melinda, have donated $1 million to a Washington state campaign seeking to expand background checks on gun sales, bringing the total amount the campaign has brought in up to nearly $6 million.

The donation to the Initiative 594 campaign was given Friday, but it was not made public until Monday, when it posted on the state's Public Disclosure Commission website.
<more>

I guess now the Liberals love him. I can remember when they thought he was Satan, especially when he was building his house.
Funny how the Right defends the rich as long as they're Conservative. But find a rich man who does good for the less fortunate and they turn on him.

Between Gates and Bloomberg, the NRA has no chance to win a PR campaign.

Their best bet is to embrace sanity once again, like they do periodically when it's politically convenient.

And in the business world, yes, Bill Gates was not Mr. Nice Guy. I believe he bought off the two Indian Executives who were running Commodore/Amiga in the early 1990s. I believe he is guilty of numerous anti-trust and unfair trade practices, some of which he has been convicted of in Euro/British courts.

It's nice to know he didn't turn out like so many successful, cut-throat business pricks, bitching about Obama wanting to raise their taxes a few percentage points while they pull down $60 million per year.

Gates has earned the right to spend his money however he so desires...

And I have the right to own a gun...

These are mutually exclusive of each other and why you can't figure this out is beyond stupid....

I find it funny how you mention "gun control" and all the right go crazy.

Some examples of gun control for you.

Small children not being allowed to own or carry guns, like the three 6 year olds who in the space of three days managed to shoot people, including two of those three who shot their sisters.
Criminals, including those in prison, not being able to have guns.
Most people not being able to have guns on planes.

This is gun control......

It's not all dirty.

And considering the crime problem the US suffers compared to other countries, especially in big cities, it's hardly surprising people want to see people actually do something about guns.

Problem is the right won't do anything and the left battle the right rather than try and get sensible laws in that will reduce violence, especially with guns.

they love Billionaires as long as it's for some cause they like

now how is the KOCH brothers any different giving for their causes?

they're different because Dirty Harry Reid a damn elected member of your Government goes around slandering and then we see it regurgitated all over the Internet

These are mutually exclusive of each other and why you can't figure this out is beyond stupid....

Yup. I agree. He can spend his money anywhere he wants to. I can own a gun if I want to.

I also wonder if Gates guards are unarmed?? I'm sure he has them being the wealthy man that he is.

Bodyguards as well for both he and his wife.

Unarmed? I kinda sorta doubt that shit.

Yup. I agree. He can spend his money anywhere he wants to. I can own a gun if I want to.

I also wonder if Gates guards are unarmed?? I'm sure he has them being the wealthy man that he is.

You can be sure that Gates guards have gone through background checks

So what is your point?

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and his wife, Melinda, have donated $1 million to a Washington state campaign seeking to expand background checks on gun sales

So what is your point?

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates and his wife, Melinda, have donated $1 million to a Washington state campaign seeking to expand background checks on gun sales

Thats funny there RW.

He's obviously for gun control unless its his bodyguards carrying the guns. Hence his million dollar donation.

Oh and I have no problem with background checks at sales or anywhere else.

So what is your point?

Thats funny there RW.

He's obviously for gun control unless its his bodyguards carrying the guns. Hence his million dollar donation.

So, following your own reasoning

Since Bill Gates subjects his bodyguards to extensive background checks, gun buyers in Washington should be subjected to the same checks

So what is your point?

Thats funny there RW.

We should all know by now....those in the "elitist" ass category are ALLOWED to be guarded by people with guns. now us little millions of peons have our second amendment rights and is guilty OF NOTHING more but owning one.... that's the problem for people like Gates, Bloomingidiots and Democrat/commie Politicians

I guess now the Liberals love him. I can remember when they thought he was Satan, especially when he was building his house.
Funny how the Right defends the rich as long as they're Conservative. But find a rich man who does good for the less fortunate and they turn on him.

Funny how the left excoriate the rich when they are conservatives and donate money....can ya say Koch...knew ya could.....

Forum List

Back