Bill Clinton to stump for Emanuel in Chicago

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Two Thumbs, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    Bill Clinton to stump for Emanuel in Chicago - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com
    By DON BABWIN
    The Associated Press

CHICAGO — Rahm Emanuel hopes Bill Clinton can persuade Chicago voters to support his bid for mayor, despite a former mayoral contender's warning that Clinton risks his popular standing with the African American community by backing Emanuel rather than a black candidate.

The former president is scheduled to appear with Emanuel at the Chicago Cultural Center Tuesday morning. Emanuel touted the visit in his campaign mailings over the weekend, mixed with an appeal for campaign donations.

"I'm honored to have President Clinton's support," the former White House chief of staff told supporters in the e-mail Sunday. "I'm excited to show President Clinton the great Chicagoans who've made this campaign possible."

Considering the shape the Illinois is in, and the fact that Mayor Daley said the Govs idea of increasing taxes and spending if foolish.

I'd vote for someone that has a conservative fiscal platform, and not just more of the same.

If they want to see into the future of liberal policies they only have to look at Detroit.

2. Sallow

Sallow The Big Bad Wolf. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Cutting..or not raising taxes and government spending is a good idea during times of economic distress. Then raising taxes and cutting spending during times of economic boom to make up for the previous actions.

Usually the first part gets done..and the second part gets forgotten about. Go figure.

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    Emanuel is the winning horse.... clinton *should* back him.

Source: Poll Gives Emanuel 43 Percent | NBC Chicago

4. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,903
    Emanuel worked for Clinton. Clinton might get him the deviate philanderer vote.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Sallow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Not a chance.

Acolytes of Newt Gingrich would never vote for Emanuel.

But they still get a chance to gawk at his trophy wife.

Hubba hubba.

6. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,903
    Does the left think Gingrich is on the same level as world class deviate Bill Clinton? A credible victim "you better put something on that eye Juanita" came forward with allegations of a class A felony against the former, former president and left wingers dismissed it because the statute of limitation expired. Clinton admitted he had "problems" after his cover-p lies were (pardon the pun) exposed. He hired Jesse Jackson as his "spiritual advisor" while Jackson was supporting a love child himself. Clinton's outrageous behavior would have gotten any CEO fired but the loyal left kept the sorry sack of deviate sh*t in office because he was a liberal democrat.

7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    you talking about gingrich??? the guy who served his wife with divorce papers while she was in a hospital bed after having a mastectomy? and the guy who then took up with two separate women for whom he dumped the prior wife.

who's the deviant?

'tard/

8. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I wouldn't call Gingrich a 'deviant', nor would I call Clinton one. But I wouldn't trust either to run my car, yet alone my country. Anyone who cheats on their spouse does not have the level of integrity I require in a politician.

Just as a point of interest, what is this shit about 'your politician is worse because he did xxxx and ours only did xxxx' about? Why can we not just say 'neither is worthy of the trust of the people'? What is so hard about it?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  9. Sallow

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,394
    Wingnuts seem to understand when celebrity status leads to all sorts of nuts crawling out of the woodwork making specious claims..when a wingnut is a target. But someone other then a wingnut..well then..IT MUST BE TRUE! :lol:

Gingrich left his first wife during her battle with cancer. I can't think of anything more reprehensible. Edwards also cheated on his dying wife. Both deserve public scorn.

Gingrich Admits to Affair During Clinton Impeachment - ABC News

10. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    You hard core fiscal conservative you.

Yeah it needs to be done together, to reflect the times and needs.

The Il Gov is raising taxes and spending, the IN and MO govs are openly laughing and MO is actually offering to help move corps to MO.