Biggest Loser Unreality

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Most of the contestants quickly go back to their pre-show obesity, despite having every possible incentive to remain "thin."

http://www.macon.com/news/nation-world/national/article75142817.html
So now we can confirm what most of us have seen in our own lives forever. Fat people quickly lose a bunch of weight. Then they un-lose it, often re-gaining more than they lost. I've seen the same thing played out at least a dozen times among my friends and family, and the ones who "keep it off" are very, very rare.

It is NOT due to a lack of willpower or decadence; it is due to a chemical imbalance that has the effect of dramatically reducing the person's resting metabolic rate, resulting in continuing weight gain, even if the person maintains a reasonable diet. The body wants to get back to its "normal" weight.

Life is not fair, is it?

The only logical conclusion is that rapid weight loss is, while gratifying in the short term, not a good strategy for long-term health. For people with a lot of weight to lose, the only realistic strategy is to lose weight slowly, over a long period to time (maybe years), so that diet is permanently altered and the body will not "fight" to get back to what it perceives as the "normal" weight.

When will Big Pharma come up with a simple, harmless drug that makes us feel "full" more quickly, so that we can eat less and lose the weight we need to lose?

Nothing is too difficult for the person who doesn't have to do it.

That reminds me of something I was just thinking about yesterday. My sister always watched that reality show "Restaurant Impossible" where this professional chef would go in and fix up shitty restaurants. I always said, "What stops these restaurants from going back to the same habits that caused them to fail in the first place?"

I lost 40 lbs in 5 months just following The Primal Blueprint. It's sugar addiction that screws people up.

The only time I've gained weight since is because twice, Doctors prescribed for me a Corticosteroid to deal with inflammation and swelling. That sh*t makes you wanna' eat EVERYTHING!

EDIT: I gotta' laugh at the low information fat fux that say they have a "slow metabolism" or "its all genetic". Eating sh*t food isn't genetic.

From the article:
Dr. Joseph Proietto of the University of Melbourne and his colleagues recruited 50 overweight people who agreed to consume just 550 calories a day for eight or nine weeks. They lost an average of nearly 30 pounds, but over the next year, the pounds started coming back.
Yeah no sh*t. A human being needs to have around 2000 calories a day. All that idiot Doctor did was put them into "Starvation Mode".

More stupidity:
The only way to maintain weight loss is to be hungry all the time.
Bullsh*t! Eliminate sugar and processed Carbohydrates and you will lose an average of 2-3 lbs a week. There were times that I had actually FORGOTTEN to eat because just wasn't hungry!

Garcina cambigia and greenbean extract combo I've lost 15 lbs in 2.5 week and I'll lose another 25 in 30 days. No I'm not shitting you at all.

Forum List

Back