Big Three face bankrupcy

Shocking.

Can ANYONE offer any explanation for why Detroit never was able to produce a decent smaller car?

They made great tanks, so what's the problem?

They want to go bankrupt, break the unions and renig on all those pensions. Ford is making a killing in China.

Sure their making a killing in china yet losing Billions over all. Go figure.

Man you are the dumbest asshole I have ever run into on the internet and that is saying something.:cuckoo:

I await the next neg rep. Loser.

ok, lets take bets on which will be the first to declare bankrupty, and then the odds of the gov't bailing them out

ill put $20 on GM going first, with .75 odds of a bailout

My fiancee and I were just talking about this. It's so sad to drive through the towns in our state that had the "BIG 3" Car Factory Plants.

They are all closed down, and what was once thriving towns are now just another strip mall/fast food 'wonderland'.

ok, lets take bets on which will be the first to declare bankrupty, and then the odds of the gov't bailing them out

ill put $20 on GM going first, with .75 odds of a bailout

it will be dodge, chrysler, jeep. wouldn't be surprised if mercedes just cuts them and runs. dodge, chrysler, jeep, i'm sure they will be bailed out by our faithful goverment,

Eh? Mercedes already did cut them. They're under different management.

I fully expect GM and Ford to get bailouts. If the government bailed out Chrysler twice, they will surely bail out a couple of companies that employ more people.

I'll be curious to see, if bailouts happen, just exactly how they're structured.

I STILL want to know why Detroit has failed time and again in the competition for the smaller car market.

I'll be curious to see, if bailouts happen, just exactly how they're structured.

I STILL want to know why Detroit has failed time and again in the competition for the smaller car market.

Because there is no profit in smaller cars. That is why the Big Three started pushing SUVs.

No profit?

Has anyone pointed this out to Toyota, Suburu, and the like?

Those guys seem to be doing just fine feeding off Detroits market share.

No profit?

Has anyone pointed this out to Toyota, Suburu, and the like?

Those guys seem to be doing just fine feeding off Detroits market share.

The Big 3 has to learn the ways of the new global market. Not only can they not pay their employees well, they have to start paying their executive's and white collar so well. For the last 8 years they've been telling us that the Union is the problem and now it turns out the executive are just as much a problem. Who deserves $20 million a year? NO freakin One.

Sure their making a killing in china yet losing Billions over all. Go figure.

Man you are the dumbest asshole I have ever run into on the internet and that is saying something.:cuckoo:

I await the next neg rep. Loser.

You make $45k a year and I'm dumb. You are the biggest loser I have ever met. And that's saying something.

You don't see the big picture. You see someone breaking into your home and you think that maybe they are thirsty. I think maybe they are there to rob you or worse. You call me a dumb ignorant asshole for being so negative. Then you find out they took your tv, but you theorize that maybe they are just borrowing it, or maybe there was a recall and they came to fix it.

I see what is going on. You don't. That's why you are a Libertarian. Talk about a guy who is lost?

interesting sealybobo, you say negative things about people who make 20million a year, then you go ahead and take a shot at a guy who makes $45k.

maybe i missed your sarcasm, but it seems to me nobody's pay scale is correct("you are dumb and poor" or "you are rich and out of touch"). possibly why you support 0bama.

Still no explanation for the Big three's inability to make a decent smaller vehicle.

I understand that they were making more profit on larger vehicles.

But were they really foolish enough to completely abandon the vast market for smaller more economical cars?

They've been taken to the cleaners by Toy and the foreign makers of smaller cars.

What were they thinking?

Still no explanation for the Big three's inability to make a decent smaller vehicle.

I understand that they were making more profit on larger vehicles.

But were they really foolish enough to completely abandon the vast market for smaller more economical cars?

They've been taken to the cleaners by Toy and the foreign makers of smaller cars.

What were they thinking?

They were thinking there was more profit in SUVs, so why make smaller cars? Honda stuck to their principles and kept building smaller cars, and they are doing well.

Now the U.S. taxpayer will bail the Big Three out.

They were thinking there was more profit in SUVs, so why make smaller cars? Honda stuck to their principles and kept building smaller cars, and they are doing well.

Now the U.S. taxpayer will bail the Big Three out.

you actually care about the u.s. taxpayer? how can you care about the u.s. taxpayer and still support 0bama as much as you do?

Forum List

Back