Big BIG News! For The First Time Since 1987, Record Sales Have Over Taken CDs!

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
And most of the sales are coming from young people rediscovering the benefits of vinyl and a physical music format again! Cool!

Crank out those masters and mothers!

Here are some great turntables you might play them on!

002.JPG
1fde2485c537f12be97768b3ebc79dad.jpg
040.JPG
086.JPG

395df27b46ec688fdbd578c03d0c698f.jpg
2418efec46c09fe205c02ee48c600c54.jpg
2910d.jpg
875700-denon-dp6000-turntable-great-condition.jpg
1247402631.jpg
Artus-FMD-01-no-strange-media1.jpg

CAS3-V-4.jpg
clearaudio.jpg
gold_mund_reference.jpg
image.php.jpeg

I own three of the above. :SMILEW~130:

And most of the sales are coming from young people rediscovering the benefits of vinyl and a physical music format again! Cool!

Crank out those masters and mothers!

Here are some great turntables you might play them on!

View attachment 764317View attachment 764318View attachment 764320View attachment 764321
View attachment 764322View attachment 764323View attachment 764324View attachment 764325View attachment 764326View attachment 764327
View attachment 764328View attachment 764329View attachment 764330View attachment 764332

I own three of the above. :SMILEW~130:
I owned a Denon long ago.....

I still have a Technics linear tracking quartz turntable--but the drive belt is shot. Saw one just now for on ebay for $5. Hmmm. Maybe time to pull the albums back out.
I have a couple of reel to reels...Pioneer RT909 and a Teac X1000R with some original recordings and tons of RtoR tapes. Got these in 80 and 82, no longer own a turntable but do have albums.
I have seen a bunch of record shops now where you can buy these albums that is great to see.

Last edited:
I still have a Technics linear tracking quartz turntable--but the drive belt is shot. Saw one just now for on ebay for $5. Hmmm. Maybe time to pull the albums back out.

I was never big on Panasonic audio gear but my buddy had the one with a smoky cover that sounded OK. Seriously, the best thing you can do for the sound of records is to buy a good pick up then most of all, get a really good phono stage preamp.

Most people have never heard how good records can really sound, how close to live because the vast majority of stereos out there came with crappy photo cartridges and even more hideous op amp preamp phono stages.

ITMT, I'd try replacing that drive belt.

I have a couple of reel to reels...Pioneer RT909 and a Teac XR1000 with some original recordings and tons of RtoR tapes. Got these in 80 and 82, no longer own a turntable but do have albums.
I have seen a bunch of record shops now where you can buy these albums that is great to see.
I brought an Akai RtoR/8track back from Vietnam, but it went somewhere years ago--can't remember what happened to it.

I have a couple of reel to reels...Pioneer RT909 and a Teac X1000R with some original recordings and tons of RtoR tapes. Got these in 80 and 82, no longer own a turntable but do have albums.

I still have an Ampex 910 portable studio deck. R to R had really great sound, its biggest liability just being the tape hiss, but you could subtract that out with a dbx dynamic noise suppressor.

I will never get why people find vinyl so fascinating. I only buy it when it is the only way to score whatever music it is that I am looking for. My last purchase was almost a year ago.

maxresdefault.jpg

God bless you always!!!

Holly (a girl who will forever love the late beautiful precious masterpiece of a gentleman)

I will never get why people find vinyl so fascinating.

Well, first of all, you have to really love music. I have an $8,000 CD player (adjusted for inflation) and my table rocks all over it. You won't get any closer to live sound than perhaps with a good Reel to Reel, but there was never much music available on that format.

not interested. i'd rather listen for free on spotify or youtube. i'm a spoiled brat like that. enjoy your vinyls grandpas lol

Seriously. Do you really think streaming compressed digital on your ear buds or cellphone comes within a million miles to hearing orchestral or Led Zeppelin on a $200,000 music system in a dedicated, acoustically treated listening room?
i don't want to pay because i don't want to work

Forum List

Back