Biden wants to shift away from American Oil to Foreign Oil

Motiva is owned by the Saudis.. I think its the largest refinery in the US ... located in Texas.

The oil we import from Canada and Mexico is heavy sour crude.
Yeah...just as I suspected... you don't know a thing about oil. ROFL.

No oil is sold unrefined...it has to be made into light sweet crude. Ready for cracking into precursors to the millions of things we actually make out of oil.
But the chemical makeup of light sweet crude oil is not the same it usually varies by region. (There is no such thing as sour crude just like there is no such thing as OPEC price)

Most Canadian oil is great for plastics and heating oil. Mexican oil is good for RBOB and diesel. Most of the Permian basin is good for both lubricants and fuels. Same with South American oil.

No oil is sold unrefined...it has to be made into light sweet crude. Ready for cracking into precursors to the millions of things we actually make out of oil.
But the chemical makeup of light sweet crude oil is not the same it usually varies by region. (There is no such thing as sour crude just like there is no such thing as OPEC price)

Most Canadian oil is great for plastics and heating oil. Mexican oil is good for RBOB and diesel. Most of the Permian basin is good for both lubricants and field. Same with South American oil.

Saudi Arabia has several different qualities of Oil. Syria's oil is the worst.. Libya has light sweet crude.

Sour crude usually is very high in sulfur. What oil company do you work for?

U.S. crude oil production increases; imports remain strong ...
Aug 19, 2021 · Crude oil imports reached a record-high average of 10.1 million b/d in 2005 and fell to an average of 6.8 million b/d in 2019. During this time period, the source of these imported heavy, high-sulfur crude oils significantly changed. In November 2019, more than 65% of U.S. crude oil imports came from Canada or Mexico. In addition, U.S. crude oil exports have increased since the restrictions on exporting domestically produced crude …

I take it that you want to put domestic producers out of business.
Trump had it lower. Why so complicated now? The swamp has its controls on it for all agendas and issues. Then we start from there. Do you even pay attention to the Declaration of Independence and the Articles of Confederation and then even giving a Central Government concern with the Constitution of the United States? Because it has been abused badly.

Should Canada refine its crude oil instead of, or before ...
Apr 18, 2018 · Oil refining is a capital-intensive business, and the more recent rise of bitumen production in Canada means that older plants designed for lighter crudes are not easily adapted. Planning, designing, permitting and building a new medium-sized refinery is a lengthy process, according to …

Trump had it lower. Why so complicated now? The swamp has its controls on it for all agendas and issues. Then we start from there. Do you even pay attention to the Declaration of Independence and the Articles of Confederation and then even giving a Central Government concern with the Constitution of the United States? Because it has been abused badly.

Only during 2020 when demand was low because of Covid.

Saudi Arabia has several different qualities of Oil. Syria's oil is the worst.. Libya has light sweet crude.

Sour crude usually is very high in sulfur. What oil company do you work for?

U.S. crude oil production increases; imports remain strong ...
Aug 19, 2021 · Crude oil imports reached a record-high average of 10.1 million b/d in 2005 and fell to an average of 6.8 million b/d in 2019. During this time period, the source of these imported heavy, high-sulfur crude oils significantly changed. In November 2019, more than 65% of U.S. crude oil imports came from Canada or Mexico. In addition, U.S. crude oil exports have increased since the restrictions on exporting domestically produced crude …
I am an investor in the energy sector...
I understand the markets in which I invest in. I don't work for an oil company... although my stepson did for a while...and my uncle does sell heating oil in rural Idaho.

And the high sulphur oil out of Alberta (oil Sands) is what the keystone pipeline was going to transfer. They built a whole city to support that a little over 12 years ago when the price of stainless steel got low enough for them to do so affordably. High sulphur crude needs to be refined in stainless steel because of the acid. But the oil is still good for plastics and rubber. Pacific rim needs plastics and rubber for all the manufacturing they do.
It was going to the coast (which is mostly US territory) by railcar...the railroad there is unsustainable if it doesn't have the oil to haul. And it's needed for all the other supplies that are shipped in and out. (Foods and building materials....there aren't any great roads in the harsh climate)

I am an investor in the energy sector...
I understand the markets in which I invest in. I don't work for an oil company... although my stepson did for a while...and my uncle does sell heating oil in rural Idaho.

And the high sulphur oil out of Alberta (oil Sands) is what the keystone pipeline was going to transfer. They built a whole city to support that a little over 12 years ago when the price of stainless steel got low enough for them to do so affordably. High sulphur crude needs to be refined in stainless steel because of the acid. But the oil is still good for plastics and rubber. Pacific rim needs plastics and rubber for all the manufacturing they do.
It was going to the coast (which is mostly US territory) by railcar...the railroad there is unsustainable if it doesn't have the oil to haul. And it's needed for all the other supplies that are shipped in and out. (Foods and building materials....there aren't any great roads in the harsh climate)

So you are familiar with downstream manufacturing at Yanbu and Jubail?

So you are familiar with downstream manufacturing at Yanbu and Jubail?
Not much except that they are industrial cities in Saudi Arabia...

Saudi Oil is usually headed towards a LOT of various locations... usually they buddy up with UAE... until the UAE had a massive overhaul and expansion of their oil refining infrastructure. That's what caused the trouble...UAE wanted a larger portion of the oil contracts available for fulfillment than normal. (To pay for the increased capacity) and Saudi didn't want them to have the contracts. The Saudis enjoy controlling OPEC+...losing those contracts is losing control in their minds....which is why they hate fracking in the Permian Basin.

The UK is now getting some oil from Russia by means of an undersea pipeline... even though the Brent Sea is theirs. (It's mostly played out)
Russia actually has more oil than ALL of OPEC...but it can't make it to market so effectively it doesn't exist.

Progs are suicidal. But they get others killed for their powers. That is the basis of insanity. Of water, there is plenty in the world. Two things...cleaning up polluted waters which is direct and not a stage thing. And to transport water to areas that need it. not difficult but here are people who do want that. Rich people with global powers.
Nope. Have you ever heard if I drink a glass of water in Michigan that water stays here in our basin? But if I bottle it and send it to Arizona, it never comes back to the Great lakes. It evaporates in the Arizona desert. Gone. So you westerners want to pipe our water to you? Screw that. If you want it, come live here.

Most Canadian oil is great for plastics and heating oil. Mexican oil is good for RBOB and diesel. Most of the Permian basin is good for both lubricants and fuels. Same with South American oil.

The OPEC Basket is also known as the OPEC Reference Basket (ORB) or the OPEC Reference Basket of Crude. The OPEC Basket is a weighted average of oil prices from the different OPEC members around the world. The main use of the OPEC Basket is setting and achieving OPEC price targets.
OPEC Basket

Not much except that they are industrial cities in Saudi Arabia...

Saudi Oil is usually headed towards a LOT of various locations... usually they buddy up with UAE... until the UAE had a massive overhaul and expansion of their oil refining infrastructure. That's what caused the trouble...UAE wanted a larger portion of the oil contracts available for fulfillment than normal. (To pay for the increased capacity) and Saudi didn't want them to have the contracts. The Saudis enjoy controlling OPEC+...losing those contracts is losing control in their minds....which is why they hate fracking in the Permian Basin.

The UK is now getting some oil from Russia by means of an undersea pipeline... even though the Brent Sea is theirs. (It's mostly played out)
Russia actually has more oil than ALL of OPEC...but it can't make it to market so effectively it doesn't exist.

Yeah.. the UAE produces 4 million bpd.. Saudi ARAMCO produces 10 million bpd.

Fuck you asshole

Rig counts were higher under Obama than they had been in the previous 44 years. You are not just ignorant, you are also mean.. Oil production went to warp speed BECAUSE the ppb was high and investment potential was strong.

The OPEC Basket is also known as the OPEC Reference Basket (ORB) or the OPEC Reference Basket of Crude. The OPEC Basket is a weighted average of oil prices from the different OPEC members around the world. The main use of the OPEC Basket is setting and achieving OPEC price targets.
OPEC Basket

Which proves my point that you have absolutely no clue as to what we are discussing...
You are all the way beyond left field and in the parking lot next door to the stadium...we are on the playing field... you wanna come join us or are you gonna sit in the parking lot of the bar next door?

OPEC basket is about production rates to achieve a particular range of price. It has very little to do with actual production and current price. And currently OPEC+ actually sets the production and price as they are the chief producers...the other members of OPEC just get a seat in order to whine about it all as they fight over the scraps of contracts left over.

Spot price is what we have been discussing which has very little to do with contract pricing...spot can be much lower or higher than contract price.

Bow your head in shame... you have been busted yet again talking out the wrong orifice.

Which proves my point that you have absolutely no clue as to what we are discussing...
You are all the way beyond left field and in the parking lot next door to the stadium...we are on the playing field... you wanna come join us or are you gonna sit in the parking lot of the bar next door?

OPEC basket is about production rates to achieve a particular range of price. It has very little to do with actual production and current price. And currently OPEC+ actually sets the production and price as they are the chief producers...the other members of OPEC just get a seat in order to whine about it all as they fight over the scraps of contracts left over.

Spot price is what we have been discussing which has very little to do with contract pricing...spot can be much lower or higher than contract price.

Bow your head in shame... you have been busted yet again talking out the wrong orifice.

Zaki Yamani explained OPEC at my dinner table years ago.

Rig counts were higher under Obama than they had been in the previous 44 years. You are not just ignorant, you are also mean.. Oil production went to warp speed BECAUSE the ppb was high and investment potential was strong.
Piss off

I dont argue with fools who engage in name-calling

it was that low prepandemic
Oh.

images.png

Jesus you are stupid. Go back and look at who I was talking to. Are you an old fat white lady from Florida named Claudette?

You refuse to say which state you live in because you know that will prove you to be a liar...as if it wasn't already obvious
He wants to be..so very much...

Forum List

Back