Biden Had No Idea France Would Be Angry Over US Undercutting Them And Stealing Aussie Sub Deal

Where have I said not to sell things? A reliable ally for what? Do you realize just how small their military is? Any problem they drag us into leaves us with the lion's share of the work. No thanks.

A reliable ally for countering China's growth in the region. Add in Japan and South Korea and you have a good wall against them.

A reliable ally for countering China's growth in the region. Add in Japan and South Korea and you have a good wall against them.
Again, why is that our responsibility? It's not, it is not the role the Founders' intended for this country, to be savior to the world. We have a freaking giant ocean between us, what more of a wall do you need?

Again, why is that our responsibility?

It is not about responsibility, it is about having a brain and using it.

It's not, it is not the role the Founders' intended for this country, to be savior to the world. We have a freaking giant ocean between us, what more of a wall do you need?

We are not doing it to save the world, we are doing it for our benefit. That ocean gets a lot smaller when China has control of South America

Sorry, those are my views on this, and have been for decades. We don't need long term entanglements, we need to look after ourselves and look to short term mutually beneficial agreements when problems occur.
I understand your opinions, and I respect them. I just personally do not believe having allies in these dangerous times is a bad thing.

It's like the Aussies woke up one day and noticed .....

th

It is not about responsibility, it is about having a brain and using it.

We are not doing it to save the world, we are doing it for our benefit. That ocean gets a lot smaller when China has control of South America
How so? Be specific. What actual benefit do we gain?

Now you're talking, lets us protect South America, that's reasonable and falls within the scope of the Monroe Doctrine.

I understand your opinions, and I respect them. I just personally do not believe having allies in these dangerous times is a bad thing.
Fair enough. I understand your views and respect them. I just think our country needs to go in another direction for the future.

John Kerry (anything he is involved in ends up f*ed up) has publicly stated Biden had no idea France would be pissed after the US screwed them out of the Aussie sub deal.

:rolleyes:

REALLY?!

Yet ANOTHER Foreign affairs / policy F*-Up by Biden...I'm shocked.

:auiqs.jpg:
He also had no idea the Taliban would overrun Afghanistan so quickly.

I find the claim that Biden knew nothing pretty hard to believe.

Now they're using his lack of awareness as a shield.

Nice move. Hell we can do just about anything now and claim Joe just didn't know. lol.

How so? Be specific. What actual benefit do we gain?

Our biggest global rival being contained is the benefit.

Now you're talking, lets us protect South America, that's reasonable and falls within the scope of the Monroe Doctrine.

And that is what we are doing by slowing down the China growth. do you think there is a country in South America that we could trust with Nuke sub technology?

I find the claim that Biden knew nothing pretty hard to believe.

I find it very easy to believe dementia-ravaged Biden knows very little. He himself has declared numerous times he is not in charge, is told what reporters to call on, what questions he can answer or not, etc.... Yesterday he had another incident in which he babbled incoherently, rambled...

I see you have the same depth of knowledge on this topic that Joe Biden has.

LOL

far, far more than yours that is for sure.

This was the a great deal for the US and Australia. Nobody cares about France, you fucks sure did not for 4 years.

Our biggest global rival being contained is the benefit.

And that is what we are doing by slowing down the China growth. do you think there is a country in South America that we could trust with Nuke sub technology?
Contained? We tried containment, it failed. Repeating the process is idiotic.

It is not for us to slow down Chinese growth. It is for us to defend ourselves, increase our growth, and protect our immediate interests. If we are working towards thwarting another country's legitimate interests we are the cause of conflict, that is not who we should be.

I think we need to strengthen our relationship with Brazil and get it to a point in which they would be reliable as a friend to engage in for short term partnerships if needed. In fact we should be working to get Brazil up to speed.

I find it very easy to believe dementia-ravaged Biden knows very little. He himself has declared numerous times he is not in charge, is told what reporters to call on, what questions he can answer or not, etc.... Yesterday he had another incident in which he babbled incoherently, rambled...

It's possible, but we're to believe that he didn't know France had a contract dating back to 2016, and by extension his team didn't know either. That's a bit much to swallow, which is why I can't buy this 'oops we just didn't know' mea culpa

I can believe Biden forgot, but not that his team didn't know and at least at one point throw the information against his eardrums.

I have no real problem with it, aside from the fact that Australia is beating the hell out of their own citizens for not wearing masks, dragging them out of their cars and arresting them for not wearing masks in their cars(WTF is with that?) and shooting them in the back with rubber bullets if they dare speak out, and giving beat downs to people guilty of walking down the sidwalk that make George Floyd's arrest look like patty-cake. Australia is pretty fucked in the head right now, IMO.

Anyway, aside from that, this is a good deterrent to China in that area, and, I obviously couldn't give a single shit about France, but this "gosh, golly we just didn't know" schtick I do not buy.

Forum List

Back