Bernanke Sends Signals that will cause DOW to explode

I took the same classes years and years ago. Rule 1 - DO NOT do what they are currently doing. BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

This country is headed (and has been headed) for a catastrophe of biblical proportions in the future. Don't know when the bottom will fall out, but we are on borrowed time.

Only if there is no real recovery on Main Street. If we get the real recovery on Main Street that I expect, then all this won't matter and everything will be fine. They are just biding time for now until the snowball starts really rolling.

That's not happening. Between the uncertainty over what Obamacare really means to the new payroll/insurance taxes to the still tight grips banks have on credit and lending to the endless new rules and regulations on everything, Main Street is too scared to do anything. Constitution Ave and Wall Street can say everything is A-OK, but there is just too much uncertainty for Main Street to do anything but hunker down and wait.

Banks aren't lending to Joe Schmoe, who wants to open up a hot dog/brew pub establishment....that's why Main Street hasn't recovered. Banks would rather invest overseas or keep it tucked away....think Scrooge McDuck

I took Intro to Macro- and Intro to Microeconomics classes when I was in college. Two freshman level classes and even I can see actions out of DC and the FED doing the very things economists know will crash the economy. It's beyond frightening to watch someone like Bernanke or Geithner and know what they are saying between the lines.

Ignorance really is bliss sometimes.

Feel free to explain.

Only if there is no real recovery on Main Street. If we get the real recovery on Main Street that I expect, then all this won't matter and everything will be fine. They are just biding time for now until the snowball starts really rolling.

That's not happening. Between the uncertainty over what Obamacare really means to the new payroll/insurance taxes to the still tight grips banks have on credit and lending to the endless new rules and regulations on everything, Main Street is too scared to do anything. Constitution Ave and Wall Street can say everything is A-OK, but there is just too much uncertainty for Main Street to do anything but hunker down and wait.

Banks aren't lending to Joe Schmoe, who wants to open up a hot dog/brew pub establishment....that's why Main Street hasn't recovered. Banks would rather invest overseas or keep it tucked away....think Scrooge McDuck

Absolutely.

Investing in infrastructure, science and tech will make it go up! ;) Stop investing in Egypt and Pakistan.

The Stimulus did just that. And things suck even worse. Infrastructure investment is a terrible investment.

Um..no.

Infrastructure investment is absolutely critical.

And the stimulus was very successful.

Yes it paid off a bunch of union thugs and other parasites.
I meant successful as economic policy. And it failed. We have the worst recovery on record and slowest GDP growth despite the highest gov't spending.

Banks are in business to make money. I realize that's news to you since you view all business as a charitable endeavor. But its the truth. So if they aren't lending money to average people there must be a reason for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
And what happens when the Fed stops doing that? They can't do this forever and we got a glimpse of what will likely happen when it stops the markets sank like a stone when Bernanke merely hinted at ending this a few weeks ago.

When Uncle Ben goes on his way at end of the year, the new FED chief will stop the presses. It will and must happen before ODummer leaves office so to fulfill his dream of complete destruction of the United States as we know it

Just saying

-Geaux

Investing in infrastructure, science and tech will make it go up! ;) Stop investing in Egypt and Pakistan.

The Stimulus did just that. And things suck even worse. Infrastructure investment is a terrible investment.

Um..no.

Indeed. It has helped me spread my margin over the free-loaders trying to reduce it. We that know how to take advantage of dangerous economic policy are capitalizing and increasing the social divide

Works for me

-Geaux

I took Intro to Macro- and Intro to Microeconomics classes when I was in college. Two freshman level classes and even I can see actions out of DC and the FED doing the very things economists know will crash the economy. It's beyond frightening to watch someone like Bernanke or Geithner and know what they are saying between the lines.

I took the same classes years and years ago. Rule 1 - DO NOT do what they are currently doing. BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

This country is headed (and has been headed) for a catastrophe of biblical proportions in the future. Don't know when the bottom will fall out, but we are on borrowed time.

Obama has to keep it going through November 2014 or risk losing Congress entirely. The damage this will cause is hard to imagine.

Um..no.

The most anemic "recovery" in history is success?

Oy vey! :lol:

There hasn't been an ounce of recovery on Main Street. Unemployment remains (basically) where it has been for nearly 5 years.

The "....the snowball starts rolling"......it is already rolling - downhill. The stock market is being propped up by investment OUTSIDE the US. The records being set have little to nothing to do with the US.

Once Bernanke stops propping up the economy - hyper inflation will begin (it can't do anything else) and the economy will go (hard) into a downward spiral. It WILL happen. Sit back and watch. It's coming.

Obama has to keep it going through November 2014 or risk losing Congress entirely. The damage this will cause is hard to imagine.

Agreed. I can see a scenario of 2015 (when Barry leaves) and Bernanke is replaced, the economy comes crashing down. However, at SOME POINT, that idiot that is in charge of the Fed will have no choice but to stop propping up the "system". At that point - it WILL get interesting.

I can easily see interest rates of 15+ percent shortly after that. And it only tumbles from there as China begins to call in their "markers".

Forum List

Back