Bergdahl Jury is in!

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
Obama was right to bring Bergdahl home but wrong to give up anything for him. As it turns out, even the Taliban found the fuckin' a-hole to be a worthless POS. It is clear to all but the diehard Obamists that this was a FUBAR which has and will continue to stain what little credibility our president has left. Bowe is the fouled product of his America hating loony leftist daddy and both need to find a new country in which to live out their lives.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...l4GoBg&usg=AFQjCNH5ovom1c9B_KOGtpUcnAzg5t7gBQ

Obama was right to bring Bergdahl home but wrong to give up anything for him. As it turns out, even the Taliban found the fuckin' a-hole to be a worthless POS. It is clear to all but the diehard Obamists that this was a FUBAR which has and will continue to stain what little credibility our president has left. Bowe is the fouled product of his America hating loony leftist daddy and both need to find a new country in which to live out their lives.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...l4GoBg&usg=AFQjCNH5ovom1c9B_KOGtpUcnAzg5t7gBQ

What's killing me in all of this is that Obama didn't just give up five Mohammed Six Packs to the Taliban. He gave them back their freaking leaders.

Leaders while we are still at war with them. That's like making a trade with the Nazis for one hostage and giving them back a Rommel and a few members of Hitlers cabinet for crying out loud.

Aye carumba. This is nuts.

What's killing me in all of this is that Obama didn't just give up five Mohammed Six Packs to the Taliban. He gave them back their freaking leaders.

Leaders while we are still at war with them. That's like making a trade with the Nazis for one hostage and giving them back a Rommel and a few members of Hitlers cabinet for crying out loud.

Regrettably and to our detriment Obama's admin has been exposed for the lightweights many feared them to be. I admit I had high hopes which have now been dashed.

While everyone else cries "FOUL!" or "UNBELIEVABLE!", I just sit and nod my head....

Nothing this guy does surprises me anymore. Obama is the human equivalent of the middle eastern trojan horse.

I can't wait to see what Presidential pardons the Hussein is going to give out just before he leaves office. He'll probably free all Gitmo inmates.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

I disagree. They found him very useful. I have serious concerns he is in fact an agent for the Taliban and was used to get back their top people.

Here's the problem.

We could put Nazis on trial.

We've had these guys for over 10 years. Yet we couldn't find anything to actually charge them with. They had committed no crimes against Americans.

Nor could we hand them over to the Afghan Government we've spent billions of dollars propping up.

So at some point, we'd have to let them go. At least we got something for them. One POW and perhaps a negotiated peace that allows us to save face.

Less than Ideal? Yup.

But that was the hand we were dealt when Bush pulled all our military and intelligence assets out of Afghanistan so he could go avenge his Pappy in Iraq and make Halliburton rich.

Bergdahl job was to serve his country honorably and keep his country and fellow soldiers safe. Anyway you spin it, he has not served his country honorably, rather endangered it and his fellow soldiers.

Bergdahl job was to serve his country honorably and keep his country and fellow soldiers safe. Anyway you spin it, he has not served his country honorably, rather endangered it and his fellow soldiers.

Okay.

So what?

Here's the real "proximate cause". The Army never should have enlisted him to start with.

but they did. Just like they took thousands with criminal records, high school dropouts, people who failed aptitude tests. Just like they kept running the same National Guard units through war zones after they had been depleted.

Less than Ideal? Yup.

But that was the hand we were dealt when Bush pulled all our military and intelligence assets out of Afghanistan so he could go avenge his Pappy in Iraq and make Halliburton rich.

Obama's been prez for 5 years.

Will he ever be accountable for anything?

Yes, the things he actually did.

I do blame Obama for throwing good money after bad in Afghanistan. His notions that it was the "War of Necessity" were flawed, and any fleeting hope we could accomplish our goals were over after Karzai stole the 2009 election and made a farce of what we were trying to do.

It doesnt' take away from the fact that Afghanistan became a lost cause in 2002, when we had the Taliban on the ropes, and then pulled all our forces out to fight in Iraq, leaving the Pakistani intelligence agencies free to reconstitute the Taliban and follow their own agenda.

Here's the problem.

We've had these guys for over 10 years. Yet we couldn't find anything to actually charge them with. They had committed no crimes against Americans.

Nor could we hand them over to the Afghan Government we've spent billions of dollars propping up.

So at some point, we'd have to let them go. At least we got something for them. One POW and perhaps a negotiated peace that allows us to save face.

Less than Ideal? Yup.

They were POWs and POWs are not usually put on trial. McCain stayed 5 years and never was put on trial. I don't believe that any of the Germans captured during WW2 were ever put on trial except those who committed war crimes and in proportion they were very few.

So when the war ends they may go back, but when exactly is the war on terror going to end?

Okay.

So what?

Here's the real "proximate cause". The Army never should have enlisted him to start with.

but they did. Just like they took thousands with criminal records, high school dropouts, people who failed aptitude tests. Just like they kept running the same National Guard units through war zones after they had been depleted.

Just like Obama wants to sign up illegal aliens.

Remember when the liberal left said that the wars would lead to the draft? Just reminding folks of liberal failed predictions.

[

They were POWs and POWs are not usually put on trial. McCain stayed 5 years and never was put on trial. I don't believe that any of the Germans captured during WW2 were ever put on trial except those who committed war crimes and in proportion they were very few.

So when the war ends they may go back, but when exactly is the war on terror going to end?

Exactly my point. When you are war not with a nation, but a concept, how do you ever make a peace treaty with a 'concept'?

"War on Terror". Kind of like the "War on Drugs" or the "War on Poverty".

Now, yes, we are fighting a War "In" Afghanistan. Which means that the proper people to try these guys might be the Afghan government. The Afghan Government isn't willing to go there while they are still negotiating a settlement with the Taliban, so the happy medium is to put them in a third country - Qatar - until something is worked out.

The third option, of course, would be an international tribunal. The problem is, America has so sullied itself in this conflict with unprovoked wars, wire-tapping of allied leaders, torture, rendition and a lot of other dodgy stuff that we'd have as much sympathy as the LAPD in Watts after the Rodney King trial.

Here's the problem.

Less than Ideal? Yup.

I'm pretty sure McCain didn't desert. WTF is wrong with you people?!

[

Remember when the liberal left said that the wars would lead to the draft? Just reminding folks of liberal failed predictions.

Uh, no, I don't remember that.

In fact, no one has ever seriously suggested we start a draft.

now, maybe we should have. IF we were really serious about the "War on a Concept", we should have started a draft, raised taxes to pay for a war, and do, you know, everything we did in World War II. Then we'd have had enough troops on the ground to pacify both Afghanistan AND Iraq.

We didnt' do that, though.

Instead, we kept lowering the enlistment standards, kept calling up the same National Guard units, until finally, we ended up with an army that takes Bowe Bergdahl walking off his base in a haze of PTSD and Go-Pills.

[

now, maybe we should have. IF we were really serious about the "War on a Concept", we should have started a draft, raised taxes to pay for a war, and do, you know, everything we did in World War II. Then we'd have had enough troops on the ground to pacify both Afghanistan AND Iraq.

Instead, we kept lowering the enlistment standards, kept calling up the same National Guard units, until finally, we ended up with an army that takes Bowe Bergdahl walking off his base in a haze of PTSD and Go-Pills.

See Joe, this is why no one takes you seriously. You are one stupid ignorant mo-fo.
Rep. Rangel Will Seek to Reinstate Draft - washingtonpost.com

[

Let's see, your not remembering could be caused by a lot of things. Like that was 12 years ago so I wonder how old you were then.

See you are calling for the draft even today.

Here is one example, maybe it will rock your memory. BTW your anecdotal evidence is just your opinion.

The Draft and the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

Here's the problem.

Less than Ideal? Yup.

I'm pretty sure McCain didn't desert. WTF is wrong with you people?!

What does that even mean? We were talking about those at Gitmo who I presume are held as POWs if not then they should be tried. I don't believe anyone was talking about the soldier released. What is wrong with your cognizant ability?

Forum List

Back