Benghazi timeline reveals administration lies

I work over seas teaching our USMC boys SATCOM and radar theory so ya, I dont watch much of any American news outlet. I do get AFN and they have a rotating deal with the news agencies, Fox for an hour, CNN for an hour, MSNBC for an hour, etc.

I just dont see the same energy when it comes to Iraq, but Libya is like the biggest deal ever. I just dont understand the difference in coverage.

Secondly, you may be correct, or not. The facts are not in. I spent 2 weeks in Libya a few months back setting up for a mission. Let me tell you, that place was a nightmare for sure. I dont even know why we had Ambassadors there. But im no policy wonk so who knows.

Could that be because we no longer have combat troops in Iraq? If MSNBC are focusing on Bush and Iraq now why ding Fox for sticking with current events instead of history?

The people at the embassy didn't have to die

and neither did 40000 troops in Iraq. Again, why did Fox not cover Iraq with the same tone???

They did. I know of no one who likes war, but when faced with it, we should get in there, do our job and get out. The longer it's dragged out, the more people die. The Dems were more interested in tying people's hands and dragging it out, much like we are seeing in Afghanistan. Liberals never want to flex our military muscle and be done with things. They drag them out while playing politics and using it to advance their agenda.

Our military is quite capable of going in and getting the job done quickly, if allowed. Obama has been sending a few at a time, to get killed, and they aren't allowed to do what they were trained to do. They are sitting ducks and the body count hasn't slowed since Obama took the reins. And, unlike Bush, Obama doesn't concern himself with getting support from congress. He's more of a one man show.

The ambassador was not involved in war and there should have been no expectation that he and the others should lose their lives because of their jobs. It was a terrorist attack, not a war that we willfully engaged in. And the Obama administration could have taken a few simple steps to prevent the deaths. They chose not to. Worse, they chose to vilify an innocent citizen and blame him for the deaths. They deliberately hid the fact that it was a terrorist attack, maybe because it would contradict what Obama had been saying up till that point- that he had defeated al Qaeda. He failed to protect them and he sought to keep the truth from the people. Instead of focusing on the people responsible and a plan of action, he focused on making apologetic videos and speeches to the fucking radicals who he feared were offended.

Last edited:
I have a question.

Not to take away from the sad loss of life of an American over seas however, why has the right and especially Fox News treated this like its the end all foreign policy story? Where was this sort of in-depth coverage and outrage over Iraq, from the first days to today?

I'm astounded at the faux outrage used on the right on this Libya situation compared to the lack of reaction in Iraq. Common sense tells me far more was at stake in Iraq and many more American lives were lost in Iraq. And just as many if not more administration blunders.

I looked on Fox news.com today and see they have a "bias alert" link on the front page. The irony of this fact is astounding.

What do Fox viewers think?
Another stupid question from the stupid left. Two different scenarios.

I work over seas teaching our USMC boys SATCOM and radar theory so ya, I dont watch much of any American news outlet. I do get AFN and they have a rotating deal with the news agencies, Fox for an hour, CNN for an hour, MSNBC for an hour, etc.

I just dont see the same energy when it comes to Iraq, but Libya is like the biggest deal ever. I just dont understand the difference in coverage.

Secondly, you may be correct, or not. The facts are not in. I spent 2 weeks in Libya a few months back setting up for a mission. Let me tell you, that place was a nightmare for sure. I dont even know why we had Ambassadors there. But im no policy wonk so who knows.

Could that be because we no longer have combat troops in Iraq? If MSNBC are focusing on Bush and Iraq now why ding Fox for sticking with current events instead of history?
Because like obamaturd it must be bush's fault.

I have a question.

Not to take away from the sad loss of life of an American over seas however, why has the right and especially Fox News treated this like its the end all foreign policy story? Where was this sort of in-depth coverage and outrage over Iraq, from the first days to today?

I'm astounded at the faux outrage used on the right on this Libya situation compared to the lack of reaction in Iraq. Common sense tells me far more was at stake in Iraq and many more American lives were lost in Iraq. And just as many if not more administration blunders.

I looked on Fox news.com today and see they have a "bias alert" link on the front page. The irony of this fact is astounding.

the reason I can think of is that the liar in the WH is up for reelection. People died and Obama lied.

Obama has one day to come up with some kind of explanation for the lies told. Can't wait to hear what he has to say for himself at tomorrow night's debate. I don't think this one will be as easy to sweep under the rug unless first thing tomorrow, someone takes full blame and gets tossed under the bus. Hillary won't go down without a fight, so who else could Obama possibly blame this on?

Some on the left refuse to see why lying is a big deal. Obama knowingly lied about this not being a terrorist attack and blamed some guy's video. This is unprecedented. In the past, maybe the intel wasn't there, but we know it was in this case and the lies continued after the facts were in. Did he think he could keep a lid on this and pretend that he really had disabled al Qaeda?

The people at the embassy didn't have to die. The American people didn't have to get lied to. The terrorists didn't deserve to get apologized to. Obama lied about so many things and has yet to offer any explanation.

People within the Obama administration are battling over who takes the blame. I think Obama deserves it. As far as the people who are solidly in the tank for him, they could care less what he does or says, but there are many who do and those are the ones he needs to concern himself with if and when he decides to be honest about this. Then he needs to apologize to the American people for a change instead of the rest of the world.

Wouldn't it be something if Obama came out tomorrow night and said

YES, I MISSED THE SECURITY MEETINGS BECAUSE THEY'RE BORING, SO I WAS NOT TOLD ABOUT THE THREATS IN BENGHAZI AND SO IT'S ALL MY FAULT

Well....it would be pretty shocking!!! Lol!

You HAVE GOT to separate the two issues... one played out over years, with MANY people involved. Several different countries and allies plus Dems and Repubix were involved.
The Libya incident is looking more and more like a cover up right before an election.

Your disdain for Fox is just silly because I dont know about you, but I get my news from a bunch of different sources... and Fox is not one of them.
Yes, I occasionally watch it for commentary and I do like The Red Eye at night, but Dude... these are two completely different scenarios.

We need to get to the bottom of this... Americans deserve some answers, and the families of the 4 dead deserve to know what happened to their relatives.

Benghazi timeline reveals administration lies

I expect the usual suspects will jump in and blame Bush for this.

.....When you've got.....

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
528.gif

I expect the usual suspects will jump in and blame Bush for this.

• Sept. 10: Al Qaeda leader Ayman al Zawahiri calls on Libyans to avenge the death of his Libyan deputy, Abu Yahya al Libi, killed in a June drone strike in Pakistan.
• Sept. 11: Protesters converge on the U.S. embassy in Cairo, scale its walls and replace the U.S. flag with the Islamist banner. The protests eventually spread to 20 countries around the world. That night, Republican candidate Mitt Romney criticizes an embassy statement denouncing the video before the events unfolding in Libya are known to the world. Late that night, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says in a statement that “some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet.”
• Sept. 12: Media outlets report that Stevens and three other Americans have been killed in an attack by well-armed militants. Obama denounces an “outrageous and shocking attack” without mentioning the video or terrorism. Reuters reports for the first time that some administration officials believe the assault “bears the hallmarks of an organized attack.”
• Sept. 13: White House spokesman Jay Carney says “the protests we’re seeing around the region are in reaction to this movie.”

Timeline of Libya Consulate attack reveals administration contradictions - The Hill's Global Affairs

So the protest Jay Carney was talking about didn't happen? Or were they all part of a plot to attack the new consulate building in Benghazi?

I have a question.

This isn't some little off the wall incident. It's an indictment upon Obama's entire Middle East strategy, his unilateral interference in Libya, his lies regarding his own effectiveness at restraining al Qaeda and Islamic terrorism. THAT's why he tried to cover up the details of the Benghazi attack. That, and the fact that a CHILD could've predicted that our assets overseas would need additional security on the anniversary of 9/11, but somehow he failed to get it done. The BEST face you could put on this would be "gross incompetence", and that means willfully ignoring his attempts to mislead the public by blaming it off on some video.

In the immortal words of Joe Biden... "This is a big, fucking deal". Watergate was just a burglary. Nobody died. This is something much, much bigger.

Let see where we were on 9-11-2001. 3000 + American lives lost in the worst terrorist attack on Mainland USA in US history. Since then we've fought two war and scatter al Qudea into the darkness like the roaches they are. 9-11-2012, a group loosely affilatied with al Quada in a lawless part of a country that is recovering from a recent civil war attacks our Consulate building and kills 4 Americans. Yeah I'd say we were pretty effective. Not enough but pretty effective.

But then again look at your closing. Watergate was so much more than Nixon authorizing a break in at the Democratic National Headquaters......

Forum List

Back