Bend over here it comes again

Not thinking that Democrats won't raise taxes is like thinking water would never run down hill. The only question is "How much?" You don't think all of this crap Obama is trying to do is going to be free do you? Do you really believe that "taxing the rich" will really pay for this? If you do, you have another think coming. Standby middle class. Prepare to get out those checkbooks! Get ready for a National Sales Tax.
I doubt that many on this board make enough money to be affected by this small increase, but you can dream.
Reagan and Poppy Bush both raised taxes.

what moral justification do you believe there is for the rich pay for the healthcare of those that can't afford it.

And in terms of the war, we're actually fighting like 1.5 if you want to get technical. in a year we're suppossed to be only fighting one if that. What will your excuse be then for government bloating itself?

Don't we have a progressive tax now? Are you suggesting our tax system is immoral?

It is immoral. it is immoral to take one man's property under the threat of violence and incarceration and give it to another is it not?

Is it?

How about when they take people's property to pay for police to protect your from crime, or to pay for the military to pay to protect you from foreign invasion?

Do you complain about those taxes? I doubt you do.

So you're not really complaining about taxes, you're really complaining about how those taxes are spent, aren't you?

This doesn't negate your argument against this tax (which could be valid, really), it merely frames it more honestly.

it's funny what would be deemed illegal if done on a small scale is condoned on a mass scale.

Is it?

How about when they take people's property to pay for police to protect your from crime, or to pay for the military to pay to protect you from foreign invasion?

Do you complain about those taxes? I doubt you do.

So you're not really complaining about taxes, you're really complaining about how those taxes are spent, aren't you?

This doesn't negate your argument against this tax (which could be valid, really), it merely frames it more honestly.

For use taxes have never been an issue with me.

There are services provided by governments. those who use said services should pay for them. For example many of you pay for town water and sewage. i don't because i have a well and septic system that I maintain. Surely you wouldn't want the town taking money from you to pay for my well and septic maintenance would you?

And everyone pays taxes to cover for use services. Local taxes, property taxes (which are paid even by people that don't own property via rent). Excise and gas taxes etc are applied equally across the board.

The taxes I have an issue with are the Robin Hood wealth redistribution taxes.

Again in a community with a population of 100, is it moral for 98 people to ransack the property of the 2 wealthiest people and divide it amongst themselves merely because it is the opinion of the masses that they have "too much"?

For use taxes have never been an issue with me.

There are services provided by governments. those who use said services should pay for them. For example many of you pay for town water and sewage. i don't because i have a well and septic system that I maintain. Surely you wouldn't want the town taking money from you to pay for my well and septic maintenance would you?

And everyone pays taxes to cover for use services. Local taxes, property taxes (which are paid even by people that don't own property via rent). Excise and gas taxes etc are applied equally across the board.

The taxes I have an issue with are the Robin Hood wealth redistribution taxes.

Again in a community with a population of 100, is it moral for 98 people to ransack the property of the 2 wealthiest people and divide it amongst themselves merely because it is the opinion of the masses that they have "too much"?

What about the poor homes on the edge of your town? The shacks. They certainly don't pay their fair share. They can't. It costs a lot of money for a sewage system and plumbing. So yes, we probably do pay a little more to make up for them.

The tax on the top 1.2% will amount to $1500 more for people who make $350K a year and $10K for people who make a million. They got a break under Bush and the bills didn't get paid, so they have to start paying what they were paying before. Its called a progressive tax system.

You can't think that the rich pay too much and at the same time cry that we have a debt.

But as for your entire concept, I agree completely, IF the politicians didn't come up with so many things they need to buy, we wouldn't have to pay so much in taxes. I feel the exact same way you do about my condo association dues. The new bitch keeps spending on shit that I don't think are necessary. But the last person in charge looted us and didn't do any improvements to the place. He just gave his buddies little jobs and charged us twice as much as he should have. In other words, he robbed us. Oh my god how identical that is to our political situation. Bush spent and only his buddies benefitted, and Obama (my new condo lady) is going to spend and its going to go to the masses. I prefer my new condo lady who at least is fixing up the place and making it more valuable. With the old guy, who was like bush, the value went down. My god, the analogy is almost identical. I just thought about it.

What about the poor homes on the edge of your town? The shacks. They certainly don't pay their fair share. They can't. It costs a lot of money for a sewage system and plumbing. So yes, we probably do pay a little more to make up for them.

I don't see many people living in shacks on the edge of my town BooBoo and i bet you don't either. those poorer people still manage to pay rent and the cost of town services charged to the owner of the rental property are factored into the rent he charges.

The tax on the top 1.2% will amount to $1500 more for people who make $350K a year and $10K for people who make a million. They got a break under Bush and the bills didn't get paid, so they have to start paying what they were paying before. Its called a progressive tax system.

That is nothing but a kindergarten rationalization. if i came to you with the full weight of the government behind me, opened your wallet and told you I was taking half of your money because you don't need it and it's really not that much that you can't get by without it would that be OK with you?

You can't think that the rich pay too much and at the same time cry that we have a debt.
I think everyone pays too much except of course the nearly 50% of people who pay no income taxes. they don't pay enough.

And the reason we are in debt is the fucking government spends too much. Period.

But as for your entire concept, I agree completely, IF the politicians didn't come up with so many things they need to buy, we wouldn't have to pay so much in taxes.

mark the calendar folks. A BooBoo statement with which I agree.

I feel the exact same way you do about my condo association dues. The new bitch keeps spending on shit that I don't think are necessary. But the last person in charge looted us and didn't do any improvements to the place. He just gave his buddies little jobs and charged us twice as much as he should have. In other words, he robbed us. Oh my god how identical that is to our political situation. Bush spent and only his buddies benefitted, and Obama (my new condo lady) is going to spend and its going to go to the masses. I prefer my new condo lady who at least is fixing up the place and making it more valuable. With the old guy, who was like bush, the value went down. My god, the analogy is almost identical. I just thought about it.

the very reason i would never buy a condo or a home in an area with neighborhood associations.

No one should be able to tell me what i can and cannot do with my property.

Forum List

Back