Ben Affleck $37,000,000/Year Lib Actor Lectures Greedy CEO’s or Another Useful Idiot

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic
Ben Affleck $37,000,000/Year Lib Actor Lectures Greedy CEO’s or Another Useful Idiot

NewsBusters reported:
On Tuesday’s Morning Edition, actor Ben Affleck was selling his new movie about corporate layoffs, Company Men, and anchorman Steve Inskeep carefully led the left-wing actor onto a soapbox to lecture about the immorality of American capitalism and financiers who do nothing but “move money back and forth”:
INSKEEP: There’s a line in Company Men that’s staying with me. Tommy Lee Jones is at a corporate conference table. Someone else at the conference table is discussing their plans to lay off a bunch of workers. And nearly all the workers being laid off are older, which could be construed as being wrong or illegal. Someone at the table says: “Oh, no. This is going to pass legal scrutiny.” And Jones responds: “I always thought we aimed for a little higher standard than that.”
AFFLECK: That speaks so perfectly to people’s feelings about our country. It’s like it’s just about getting by, or people can like let people go if they can get away with it, that there’s no deeper sense of right or wrong. The banks shouldn’t — people shouldn’t make such a giant profit off just moving money back and forth. And CEOs’ pay shouldn’t be 200 times the average worker. It used to be nine times.

CEO pay and bonuses are wildly out of control but if I'm a talentless douchebag making millions a year as one of the top paid people in my profession I'm prolly going to STFU about it.

Good point!

or maybe they can just voluntary give more money to the US Treasury

US treasury wants donations to pay off national debt

Read more: US treasury wants donations to pay off national debt (Includes interview)

Someone send that link to the Tea Party ... being the debt/deficit hawks that they are I'm sure they will be more than willing to do what is best for their country.

Good point!

Read more: US treasury wants donations to pay off national debt (Includes interview)

Someone send that link to the Tea Party ... being the debt/deficit hawks that they are I'm sure they will be more than willing to do what is best for their country.

Kicking out the radical left and their policies from the House of Reps
isn't enough for you
:eusa_whistle:

Good point!

isn't enough for you

Frankly, no.

The Tea Party's silence since the election in the face of budget busting "compromises" tells me the organization (not every individual in it) was all about just getting the GOP back in power and not really fixing the problem.

isn't enough for you

Frankly, no.

The Tea Party's silence since the election in the face of budget busting "compromises" tells me the organization (not every individual in it) was all about just getting the GOP back in power and not really fixing the problem.

Silence- not really

We know that we can't fix it with the Democrats in power. Doesn't work throw those "bums" out as well

isn't enough for you

Frankly, no.

Silence- not really

We know that we can't fix it with the Democrats in power. Doesn't work throw those "bums" out as well

They've been silent about it ... save the ones crying about extending unemployment to the poor while the wealthiest Americans get almost $100 billion a year out of the deal.

They
were a bunch of useful idiots.

Last edited:
Frankly, no.

Silence- not really

They've been silent about it ... save the ones crying about extending unemployment to the poor while the wealthiest Americans get almost $100 billion a year out of the deal.

They

If you believe that people keeping their own money is "getting something"

then you are part of the problem

isn't enough for you

Frankly, no.

This will have some merit at the end of January. You know once the people they elected actually take office.

The tea party is a sham.

They will make complete asses out of themselves in congress

NewsBusters reported:
On Tuesday’s Morning Edition, actor Ben Affleck was selling his new movie about corporate layoffs, Company Men, and anchorman Steve Inskeep carefully led the left-wing actor onto a soapbox to lecture about the immorality of American capitalism and financiers who do nothing but “move money back and forth”:
INSKEEP: There’s a line in Company Men that’s staying with me. Tommy Lee Jones is at a corporate conference table. Someone else at the conference table is discussing their plans to lay off a bunch of workers. And nearly all the workers being laid off are older, which could be construed as being wrong or illegal. Someone at the table says: “Oh, no. This is going to pass legal scrutiny.” And Jones responds: “I always thought we aimed for a little higher standard than that.”
AFFLECK: That speaks so perfectly to people’s feelings about our country. It’s like it’s just about getting by, or people can like let people go if they can get away with it, that there’s no deeper sense of right or wrong. The banks shouldn’t — people shouldn’t make such a giant profit off just moving money back and forth. And CEOs’ pay shouldn’t be 200 times the average worker. It used to be nine times.

I always check with hollywood actors and actresses before I make any decissions that could change the world. They are so well imformed and have a variety of ideas.

I stopped clubbing baby seals
I quit my job harponing whales
I don't eat meat
I don't cook my veggies
I don't buy anything in a store b/c it might have chemicals in it
I got boob implants and ass implants
my face doesn't move from the botox
I'm dead broke, but I still have credit cards, so I'm good there
I cheated on my live in girl freind
Then moved in with the girl I cheated with
Then cheated on her
I repeat everything I hear w/o any critical thought at all
Rush, Beck, O"Riely, FOX always lie and MSN, NBC, ABC never do.

Yeah, I care so much what these people have to say.

Silence- not really

They

If you believe that people keeping their own money is "getting something"

then you are part of the problem

If you believe that we are getting out of this hole without paying for it, then you are an even bigger part of the problem.

isn't enough for you

Frankly, no.

This will have some merit at the end of January. You know once the people they elected actually take office.

I'd believe that if GOP actually changed it's leadership ... they didn't. More of the same, I'm afraid.

Forum List

Back