Beirut's little Armenia keeps tradition alive

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
DSC07692.JPG

Beirut's little Armenia keeps tradition alive

Bourj Hammoud, also known as “Little Armenia,” is a suburb in the Metn district of northern Beirut. The city was created by survivors of the Armenian genocide of 1915, most of whom settled there after the death marches in Deir ez-Zor, Syria. Today, the second generation of Armenians after the genocide are trying to find ways to save their heritage, mainly through the promotion of traditional crafts.

In the streets of Bourj Hammoud, you can find plenty of different goods: spices, soaps, candied and dried fruits, wooden molds and many others. And nestled together, jewelry, leather goods and tailors' shops keep open for those interested in handicrafts, with storefronts in Armenian, Arabic and sometimes English.

Read more:

Beirut s little Armenia keeps tradition alive - Al-Monitor the Pulse of the Middle East

Well Sally. You now understand how terrible it is for a people to be murdered and evicted from their lands. Why do you support the Armenians as I do (and blame the Turks) but not the Palestinians who were evicted in the same way?

Well Sally. You now understand how terrible it is for a people to be murdered and evicted from their lands. Why do you support the Armenians as I do (and blame the Turks) but not the Palestinians who were evicted in the same way?

Why, Haniyah, these Arabs came from the surrounding countries for the jobs the Jews had for them. They were not native to the Holy Land. Meanwhile, as a good Muslim convert, you probably have no problem with the Muslims leaving the Saudi Peninsula and invading the surrounding countries, forcing many people to convert and killing many who refused. And now the descendents of these people can't even practice their religious beliefs in peace. By the way, folks, Haniyah and her musical chair partner blabber away about these Palestinians on another forum, but felt she had to drag them over here too. She felt she didn't get her daily quota in. It was too difficult for her to keep the thread strictly about the Armenians.

No, Sally. That's just the propaganda you have been fed. The Jews were Europeans that went to Palestine as colonists,. The Christians and Muslims were living in Palestine from the time of Christ. The British planned to remove the Christians and Muslims to make room for the European Jews. Just as the Turks removed the Armenians to make room for the European Muslims from the Balkans. Why do you insist on bullshitting?

No, Sally. That's just the propaganda you have been fed. The Jews were Europeans that went to Palestine as colonists,. The Christians and Muslims were living in Palestine from the time of Christ. The British planned to remove the Christians and Muslims to make room for the European Jews. Just as the Turks removed the Armenians to make room for the European Muslims from the Balkans. Why do you insist on bullshitting?

Don't you do enough bullshitting on another forum day and night and now you are bringing the same bullshit over here? Meanwhile, the thread is about Beiruts Little Armenia keeping its tradition. Haniyah. Is it really that difficult for someone who has a demented mind like you to even just keep on the topic of this thread without dragging in something else? My goodness, you rear end must be aching from sitting posting constantly all day long. Do a search, folks, and see how busy Haniyah was today.

Armenians have been a major part of Lebanese history in the last century or so. They are a strong political force as well.

Don't you do enough bullshitting on another forum day and night and now you are bringing the same bullshit over here? Meanwhile, the thread is about Beiruts Little Armenia keeping its tradition. Haniyah. Is it really that difficult for someone who has a demented mind like you to even just keep on the topic of this thread without dragging in something else? My goodness, you rear end must be aching from sitting posting constantly all day long. Do a search, folks, and see how busy Haniyah was today.

Oh dear. You post the following on a thread about Armenia together with calling into play Muslim "conversion" of poster, making up names for posters, all BS devoid of fact, and if one responds to your BS, you complain. Grow up and quite trying to illicit support for your fantasies fro other posters.

"Why, Haniyah, these Arabs came from the surrounding countries for the jobs the Jews had for them. They were not native to the Holy Land. Meanwhile, as a good Muslim convert, you probably have no problem with the Muslims leaving the Saudi Peninsula and invading the surrounding countries, forcing many people to convert and killing many who refused. And now the descendents of these people can't even practice their religious beliefs in peace. By the way, folks, Haniyah and her musical chair partner blabber away about these Palestinians on another forum, but felt she had to drag them over here too. She felt she didn't get her daily quota in. It was too difficult for her to keep the thread strictly about the Armenians."

Palestinians are responsible for murdering over 150,000 Lebanese Christians. They were never "evicted". Maybe the Arabs shouldn't have attacked Israel.

Where's your concern for the hundreds of thousands of Christians killed by Palestinian animals? What used to be a haven for Christians in the Middle East has now been turned into a failed state held hostage by Islamic savages.

Muslims want to do in Israel what they did in Lebanon. That's never going to happen. :clap2:

Oh dear. You post the following on a thread about Armenia together with calling into play Muslim "conversion" of poster, making up names for posters, all BS devoid of fact, and if one responds to your BS, you complain. Grow up and quite trying to illicit support for your fantasies fro other posters.

"Why, Haniyah, these Arabs came from the surrounding countries for the jobs the Jews had for them. They were not native to the Holy Land. Meanwhile, as a good Muslim convert, you probably have no problem with the Muslims leaving the Saudi Peninsula and invading the surrounding countries, forcing many people to convert and killing many who refused. And now the descendents of these people can't even practice their religious beliefs in peace. By the way, folks, Haniyah and her musical chair partner blabber away about these Palestinians on another forum, but felt she had to drag them over here too. She felt she didn't get her daily quota in. It was too difficult for her to keep the thread strictly about the Armenians."

While Haniyah keeps protesting, she forgets that several of us saw her Facebook page. When her name was mentioned on the forum, she quickly locked her Facebook page.. I don't think this was just a coincidence. One of her interests was on that page was Free Palestine. I really liked the name of one of her Facebook friends -- Happy Married Muslim Couple. I thought that was so sweet. I guess with all Haniyah's protesting, we are getting a little taqiyya here. I think we can all say that Haniyah is so devoted to the cause now that she is willing to sit night and day in front of her computer for it. It makes you wonder if she has any other life. Maybe she actually feels she is going to "free Palestine" via forums. Meanwhile, it was just too much for her to keep quiet if she had nothing to say about the Armenians in Beirut, which is the topic of this thread.

Of course, Haniyah and gang will overlook that Winston Churchill said that the Arabs arrived in droves when the Jews had jobs for them. Was this any different from what we see today with Arabs and others from poor countries running to the West for jobs?

You never saw anything on Facebook that has anything to do with me. I know that Phoney is stalking some poor girl, but I am neither Muslim nor a female. Keep making things up. The facts are quite clear on the population of Palestine, the only migrants of any volume were the Europeans from 1920 to 1946. This is reported not only in LoN records but also in UN Resolutions.

It is you that started trolling this thread changing the subject.

You never saw anything on Facebook that has anything to do with me. I know that Phoney is stalking some poor girl, but I am neither Muslim nor a female. Keep making things up. The facts are quite clear on the population of Palestine, the only migrants of any volume were the Europeans from 1920 to 1946. This is reported not only in LoN records but also in UN Resolutions.

It is you that started trolling this thread changing the subject.

Methinks the Lady doth protest too much or maybe you are the musical chair partner (the guy who popped in under this screen name and said his wife comes from Spain) who has his own Facebook page. Nevertheless, you are not going to "Free Palestine" on these forums even if you are on here night and day, 24/7, which it seems you are headed for. Now, Haniyah, if you want to make a comment about the Armenians in Beirut which this thread is about, I am sure everyone will be interested in what you have to say about this particular group. I personally think it is great that they have their own section of the city with the various Armenian shops. Don't you think you have posted enough about the "Palestinian" Arabs on another forum? Did you feel that you had to drag them over here when it is the Armenians who are commemorating the 100th anniversay of the Genocide? By the way, Phoenall has nothing to do with this thread so why bring him into it?

Forum List

Back