Been a while

I'm a student, worker, and political radical. I'm also an avid reader

Welcome back Jackie. I enjoy talking to students. What are you studying? Why do you consider yourself to be a political radical? Avid readers are most welcome. Do you read from a wide range of topics/authors or a narrower area of interest? (Avid reader of over 50 years myself favoring history).

I'm an English major with a literature concentration.

I'm not sure how to answer the second question. I suppose I'm a political radical because I wish to "abolish the state of things." I advocate for free association which, in my opinion, necessitates the abolition of the state and of capitalism.

I read from a wide range of topics and authors—topics range anywhere from political philosophy to poetry to linguistics with authors coming from all sorts of linguistic, cultural, political, and philosophical backgrounds.

I don't read as much fiction as I should, though.
I'm exploring The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock with one of my high school equivalency students and the related literary analysis, and some of the literary references like The Inferno, Hamlet, Marvell, Petrarch. My student just loves that poem, as do I. I have measured out my life with coffee spoons....

I'm a student, worker, and political radical. I'm also an avid reader

Welcome back Jackie. I enjoy talking to students. What are you studying? Why do you consider yourself to be a political radical? Avid readers are most welcome. Do you read from a wide range of topics/authors or a narrower area of interest? (Avid reader of over 50 years myself favoring history).

I'm an English major with a literature concentration.

I'm not sure how to answer the second question. I suppose I'm a political radical because I wish to "abolish the state of things." I advocate for free association which, in my opinion, necessitates the abolition of the state and of capitalism.

I read from a wide range of topics and authors—topics range anywhere from political philosophy to poetry to linguistics with authors coming from all sorts of linguistic, cultural, political, and philosophical backgrounds.

I don't read as much fiction as I should, though.
I hear the grammar/spelling police on this board are looking for quality help. Welcome back.

Forum List

Back