Beck wants 56 re-founders

Thinman

Sep 3, 2009
Glenn Beck wants 56 members of Congress to volunteer to expose corrupt members of their own party. He says that they will remain anonymous and it doesn't matter whether Democrat, Republican or whatever. He's calling them re-founders. He already has two.

He's obviously trying to scare members of congress straight.

Once he starts reporting, on nation wide tv, on individual corrupt politicians, I think all hell will break loose.

Interesting. I like the concept but fear there could be accusations born from simple animosity.

While I no longer watch Beck (I only watched him when he was on HLN), and never listened to him, I think his heart is in the right place. But, from what I've heard and read lately, he may need to take a step back and breath deep. He may be ready to jump the tracks.

He may be ready to jump the tracks.

I don't think so. I believe he is having the time of his life.

I've been around a long time and experienced some interesting times in politics, but nothing like the current political spectrum.

I hope Beck continues. He has already accomplished a great deal.

You may be right. As I said, since his jump to Fox, I have not watched him and know only what I hear and read. I do know he was instrumental in the Van Jones resignation, and I hear he has been at the forefront of the recent ACORN undercover video sting, so it sounds like he's doing some good work. I just hope he doesn't go too far. You know what they say about good intentions and the road to Hell.

Beck has 5.

He has not reported anything, that I am aware of, as a direct reult from information recieved from these re-founders.

Glenn Beck wants 56 members of Congress to volunteer to expose corrupt members of their own party. He says that they will remain anonymous and it doesn't matter whether Democrat, Republican or whatever. He's calling them re-founders. He already has two.

Once he starts reporting, on nation wide tv, on individual corrupt politicians, I think all hell will break loose.

Sounds an awful lot like Joe McCarthy

The "I have a list of existing communists from a source I will not name..." And yes, all hell will break lose as Beck engages in a witch hunt based on unsupported allegations

Nobody really cares. How many people watch or listen to Beck? What percentage of people who vote will care? What media outlets will carry his...news?

yawn.....

Ya, you're right. Beck has no audience among liberals, and really, who else ie there?

He was instrumental in bringing down Van Jones and focused a spotlight on Acorn. I will admit that who tends to see conspiracy in some areas that seem unlikely to me.

If his re-founder plan works as I expect, it should scare the hell out of corrupt politicians.

Ya, you're right. Beck has no audience among liberals, and really, who else ie there?

He was instrumental in bringing down Van Jones and focused a spotlight on Acorn. I will admit that who tends to see conspiracy in some areas that seem unlikely to me.

If his re-founder plan works as I expect, it should scare the hell out of corrupt politicians.

how many people watch cable television compared to how many people vote?

your critical thinking skill set is in need of an overhaul. Beck is not loved by conservatives either. The fringe likes him. He is an entertainer who has little influence.

UPDATED: As boycott continues, Glenn Beck's audience swells | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

Beck attracted 2.81 million viewers Monday, his third-largest audience since his show launched on Fox News in January, according to Nielsen Media Research data provided by the network. On Tuesday, nearly 2.7 million viewers tuned in, his fifth-largest viewership to date. And the conservative host got a plug from former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, who urged people to watch his program in a post on her Facebook page.

• Glenn Beck had the top cable news show Friday night in the A25-54 demographic, averaging 689,000 in the A25-54 demographic. His colleague Bill O”Reilly Juan Williams (he filled in for O’Reilly Friday night) stayed in his usual top spot in total viewers, averaging 2,743,000 total viewers.
Glenn Beck And Bill O’Reilly Juan Williams Split As Top Show Friday Night | TV | Mediaite

While not a regular watcher of Beck it does appear that more than a few people are watching him.

UPDATED: As boycott continues, Glenn Beck's audience swells | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

Beck attracted 2.81 million viewers Monday, his third-largest audience since his show launched on Fox News in January, according to Nielsen Media Research data provided by the network. On Tuesday, nearly 2.7 million viewers tuned in, his fifth-largest viewership to date. And the conservative host got a plug from former vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, who urged people to watch his program in a post on her Facebook page.

• Glenn Beck had the top cable news show Friday night in the A25-54 demographic, averaging 689,000 in the A25-54 demographic. His colleague Bill O”Reilly Juan Williams (he filled in for O’Reilly Friday night) stayed in his usual top spot in total viewers, averaging 2,743,000 total viewers.
Glenn Beck And Bill O’Reilly Juan Williams Split As Top Show Friday Night | TV | Mediaite

While not a regular watcher of Beck it does appear that more than a few people are watching him.

Howard Stern gets good ratings too

Yes, he does and as I said I am not a regular watcher do I cannot speak one way or the other as to the merits of Glenn Beck. I do know he used to be on the radio here in Phoenix in the 80's according to a local newscast the showed the other day. However, I was pointing out that regardless of the hype one way or the other he seems to be doing rather well in the ratings and as far as I know thats a good enough reason for most networks to keep them on the air.

I think it's a great idea. I'd like to see him co-sponsor the list with Keith Olbermann. If it's Beck on his own, it'll just get dismissed unless there are at least as many elephants as donkeys.

Is Glenn Beck ready to expose corrupt members of the media?

Is Glenn Beck ready to expose corrupt members of the media?

Off topic, no?

Far from it. It leads to intent

I'm sure that in Becks dealings with FoxNews, he is privy to much inside information on what makes Fox tick.

If he is willing to ask members of Congress to divulge internal workings, he should be willing to do the same and reveal the inner workings of Fox

America wants to know!

Good idea, but considering the source I believe it will soon derail for a detour to looneyville.

So does american idol...

Now back to Becks 2.8 million republicans....what percentage is that of the total voting populace?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back