Barbie Reshaped

Compost

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2015
Barbie has remarkable power over how we view our bodies! At least that is what we keep hearing. She must be redone so no one will feel bad or something.

I played with Barbies as a child. Never did it occur to me that I ought to look like a toy.

They Just Changed Barbie's Body Shape. No, This Won't Help Little Girls.

Our politically-correct-saturated culture just spilled over into our dolls. On Thursday, TIME ran the announcement that Barbie’s body shape has been changed. Now the dolls are being offered up in new body types, which include, "petite," "curvy," and "tall" in addition to "original."

This much over-hyped Barbie announcement is giving liberals a Chris Matthews-esque thrill up their leg and causing do-gooder Barbie executives everywhere to uncontrollably pat themselves on their back for changing the world. Well, they’re idiots. This will not help little girls, only their millennial parents and liberals in general who are obsessed with image and political correctness. And, of course, Mattel's bottom line.

See pictures of Barbie at link

Barbie has remarkable power over how we view our bodies! At least that is what we keep hearing. She must be redone so no one will feel bad or something. I played with Barbies as a child. Never did it occur to me that I ought to look like a toy
Good for you, but many have. It's not like they got rid of the original; they created more choice.

Barbie has remarkable power over how we view our bodies! At least that is what we keep hearing. She must be redone so no one will feel bad or something.

I played with Barbies as a child. Never did it occur to me that I ought to look like a toy.

Our politically-correct-saturated culture just spilled over into our dolls. On Thursday, TIME ran the announcement that Barbie’s body shape has been changed. Now the dolls are being offered up in new body types, which include, "petite," "curvy," and "tall" in addition to "original."

This much over-hyped Barbie announcement is giving liberals a Chris Matthews-esque thrill up their leg and causing do-gooder Barbie executives everywhere to uncontrollably pat themselves on their back for changing the world. Well, they’re idiots. This will not help little girls, only their millennial parents and liberals in general who are obsessed with image and political correctness. And, of course, Mattel's bottom line.

What I find amusing is most on the right, when a company takes jobs overseas, champions the company as "capitalism in action". However when Mattel sees an option to change their Barbie style and make money, they are "Pushing the liberal agenda".

You may CHOOSE to see choice as capitalism. You may CHOOSE to see choice as pushing an agenda. Kinda like diversity of opinion, isn't it?

You may CHOOSE to see choice as capitalism. You may CHOOSE to see choice as pushing an agenda. Kinda like diversity of opinion, isn't it?

And when righties see jobs go overseas, they choose to see capitalism. When it is something they don't like they see an agenda. Doesn't make them any less of a hypocrite.

And when righties see jobs go overseas, they choose to see capitalism. When it is something they don't like they see an agenda. Doesn't make them any less of a hypocrite.
You are changing the subject. Could it be because you are unable to make a cogent point?

Let's hear from some doll consumers!

"In the name of diversity and inclusion, Mattel has announced big changes to its Barbie product line again this year that will now include three new body types for the iconic doll: curvy, tall, and petite.

"The company hopes that the new dolls, with their diverse body types, along with the new skin tones and hair textures introduced last year, will more closely reflect their young owners’ world," reports TIME magazine.

But the company's foray into the progressive world of political correctness has backfired in early tests of the dolls, as evidenced by a 6-year-old girl who, when picking up curvy Barbie for the first time (now with extra meat on her thighs, butt, and stomach), exclaimed in a girly voice:

Hello, I'm a fat person. Fat, fat, fat."The adults in the testing room felt the same, though were more subdued in their choice of words: "This one's a little chubbier," one mom said. Other young girls, hoping to not hurt feelings, either spelled out "f-a-t" or used their hands to show an increase in girth...

More at link

Girls React to New 'Curvy' Barbie: 'Fat, Fat, Fat'

What agenda would that be? Diversity isn't an agenda; it's reality.
Deep stuff. Diversity is reality? If that is true, than every concept that someone believes in is reality too.

I think it is okay for the toy maker to offer choices in Barbie ... I mean it is their business and if they think making fat Barbie's will help sales ... Who cares?

Blue Bell makes ice cream because some people like ice cream.
Sony makes PlayStation because some people like to sit on their ass and play video games.

We have The ACA because some people who sit on their ass eating ice cream and playing video games cannot afford their healthcare when that crap catches up with them.

But all of that is completely unconnected and we need to make people feel better about themselves.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

You are changing the subject. Could it be because you are unable to make a cogent point?

I've changed nothing. The fact you are unable to understand is not my problem. Could your lack of understanding be because you cannot think rationally? I think so.

You posted an article that talks about an agenda. I have shown that when companies do things the righties agree with it's called capitalism and when companies do things righties hate it is called a liberal agenda. The fact I have exposed your hypocrisy is not my problem, it's yours. Deal with it hypocrite.

Why do we need to make people feel better about themselves?

Well silly ... Wouldn't it be absolutely terrible to expect higher standards ... I mean there is a great possibility someone may fail at meeting those standards.
It's far more compassionate to recognize the struggles we all face ... And find a way to embrace the idea that we are all special little creatures ... Perfect in every way.

I mean an axe murder is just a misunderstood artist ... And every fat person has a ballerina inside just waiting for tu-tu's in plus sizes.

I've changed nothing. The fact you are unable to understand is not my problem. Could your lack of understanding be because you cannot think rationally? I think so.

You posted an article that talks about an agenda. I have shown that when companies do things the righties agree with it's called capitalism and when companies do things righties hate it is called a liberal agenda. The fact I have exposed your hypocrisy is not my problem, it's yours. Deal with it hypocrite.
Explain how the righties voiced their opinion. You personally asked them all or saw a poll or just heard voices?

What is not my problem is your unwillingness and/or inability to talk about female's bodies and how toys may or may not effect body perception. Anyway, thank you for your response.

Why do we need to make people feel better about themselves?

Well silly ... Wouldn't it be absolutely terrible to expect higher standards ... I mean there is a great possibility someone may fail at meeting those standards.
It's far more compassionate to recognize the struggles we all face ... And find a way to embrace the idea that we are all special little creatures ... Perfect in every way.

I mean an axe murder is just a misunderstood artist ... And every fat person has a ballerina inside just waiting for tu-tu's in plus sizes.

An axe murderer is just a misunderstood artist. Now THAT is silly.

Higher standards are to include the attempt to make everybody feeeel good! So, you figure toy makers ought to sell colored pencils and footballs not to let the kids play but to make kids feel good about themselves. Must be too, that bakers bake cakes to make people feel good about themselves. Street sweepers sweep streets to make people feel good about themselves. What a sweet fluffy compassionate world that would be.

An axe murderer is just a misunderstood artist. Now THAT is silly.

Higher standards are to include the attempt to make everybody feeeel good! So, you figure toy makers ought to sell colored pencils and footballs not to let the kids play but to make kids feel good about themselves. Must be too, that bakers bake cakes to make people feel good about themselves. Street sweepers sweep streets to make people feel good about themselves. What a sweet fluffy compassionate world that would be.

I think Mattel can do whatever the f*** they want with their business ... And make Barbie's that look like the ACA pajama boy if it suits their fancy.
I think they can spend all the money they want spinning that crap in an advertising campaign getting some numbskull to buy their toys.
I think the more people bitch and whine about it ... The more publicity it will get ... And the more the goofy idea will benefit from free marketing exposure.
I think it will be a cold day in Hell before the self-righteous, meddling, holier than thou, Piece of Sh .... Whoa there sorry about that.

I think someone spiked my coffee ... o_O

Be interesting to see which version little girls choose

Forum List

Back