Barack sure loves his false dilemma logical fallacies doesn't he?

NationalJournal.com - Obama: It's Kids Versus Corporate Jets on Debt-Ceiling Talks - Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Kids versus corporate jets.
If President Obama's news conference accomplished anything on Wednesday afternoon, it underscored, in striking tones, his strategy for winning the debt ceiling fight with Republicans: Make it a clash of classes.
Rich versus Poor.
Us versus Them.
Those who support children, food safety, medical research and, presumably, puppies and apple pie versus the rich fat cats who don't.
In Obama's world, Democrats are for kids and Republicans are for corporate jets. That is a sharp distinction that could help put the GOP on defensive, but it may not be enough to persuade Republicans to change their posture on the debt-ceiling talks

It would be nice to believe that spending cuts in the hundreds of billions of dollars a year could be made painlessly. It would be even nicer if it could happen. But anyone can tell you that you'll only cut SO much fat (as in waste, fraud, abuse, office furniture spending, along with ending programs that investigate the life cycle of mosquitoes, as an example BEFORE you have to cut into programs that make real differences in people's lives). That's especially true if one puts the tax code (and ALL it's loopholes) off limits to any changes. (Come on, you just KNOW that wealthy corporatations didn't give ALL those campaign contributions just to end up having to be treated just like everyone else).

except for rich progressives like george soros and michael moore, right? Sheesh, I have never encountered a liberal that wasn't a hypocrite and a tool to the very "rich" they claim to hate.

You know, I re-read my post twice and even quoted it here and I can't see where I wrote that. Can you point out where I wrote that those two should get exceptions?

Can you point out where you said they should? Your username is chalk full if irony.

heh heh You completely confused yourself. Want to try that again?

You know, I re-read my post twice and even quoted it here and I can't see where I wrote that. Can you point out where I wrote that those two should get exceptions?

Can you point out where you said they should? Your username is chalk full if irony.

heh heh You completely confused yourself. Want to try that again?

Sounds to me like you can't read English, further reiterating the irony of your username.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Anyone who can look at the wage disparities, the poverty in America, the corporate control of the congress, the sprawl and wasted environment, and the effect of two unnecessary wars on families and the nation, outsourcing, and still cling to the fantasy that big money does not control America today is simply a fool. No other word fits.

"Nearly 13 million American children live in families with incomes below the federal poverty level, which is $20,000 a year for a family of four. The number of children living in poverty increased by more than 11 percent between 2000 and 2005. There are 1.3 million more children living in poverty today than in 2000, despite indications of economic recovery and growth." NCCP | Who are America’s Poor Children?

Poverty by who's standards? I bet them poor people you're talking about have 50" tv's brand new cars with them fancy spinner wheels, cell phones, most are morbidly obese, smoke two packs a day and all on my dime! You don't know poverty until you visit a third world country. Stupid partisan hack!!

And I'll bet the number of children living in poverty correlates closely with the influx of illegals. And that's supposed to be the fault of the American Taxpayer?

How Poor Are America's Poor? Examining the "Plague" of Poverty in America
  • Forty-three percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.
  • Eighty percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, in 1970, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
  • Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.
  • The average poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)
  • Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 31 percent own two or more cars.
  • Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.
  • Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.
  • Eighty-nine percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and more than a third have an automatic dishwasher.

So .... back on topic, if the choice is between tax cuts for jet owners or cutting funding for school lunches for kids, I think Obama is rather on the mark here.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Show me where they said being created equal means equal outcome.

Anyone who can look at the wage disparities, the poverty in America, the corporate control of the congress, the sprawl and wasted environment, and the effect of two unnecessary wars on families and the nation, outsourcing, and still cling to the fantasy that big money does not control America today is simply a fool. No other word fits.

Big money runs the world. Always has, always will. You're the fool if you don't realize that.

"Nearly 13 million American children live in families with incomes below the federal poverty level, which is $20,000 a year for a family of four. The number of children living in poverty increased by more than 11 percent between 2000 and 2005. There are 1.3 million more children living in poverty today than in 2000, despite indications of economic recovery and growth." NCCP | Who are America’s Poor Children?

:lol: What a crock. Nobody in this country lives in poverty. I suggest you take a gander outside the U.S. if you want to see what poverty is.

Nobody to blame but ourselves for Obama. We let his kind roam around free... i.e., liberal democrats.

So .... back on topic, if the choice is between tax cuts for jet owners or cutting funding for school lunches for kids, I think Obama is rather on the mark here.

Shouldn't the parents be paying for their kids' lunches? I pay for mine.

Shouldn't the parents be paying for their kids' lunches? I pay for mine.

If the parent can, sure. If they can't, I see no reason to punish a child because the parent is stupid.

Forum List

Back