Bar-B

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Tomorrow is the fourth! I have brats sitting in beer in fridge. Filets are seasoned with 'god help me' Canadian steak seasoning. Gently rubbed in seasoning after light brushing with olive oil. Everything tomorrow goes with direct heat charcoal, I hate gas grills. :rolleyes: otherwise just do in house. Let the crowds descend!

Originally posted by Kathianne
Tomorrow is the fourth! I have brats sitting in beer in fridge. Filets are seasoned with 'god help me' Canadian steak seasoning. Gently rubbed in seasoning after light brushing with olive oil. Everything tomorrow goes with direct heat charcoal, I hate gas grills. :rolleyes: otherwise just do in house. Let the crowds descend!

Steaks with "need to know basis only" rubs already on it.
Two kinds of Chicken. One is injected with a "3rd stage of hot" marinade. It is for Marines and real he-men only. It will bring sweat to your upper lip from ten paces. :flameth:
Second bird is coated with spices and vacuumed just waiting to cook over a can of hops and barley.

Gas grills, any grill rocks. As I tell wifey, tis technique babe. :p:

I already posted this once but this is what I'm having today:

Citrus Chicken:

Ingredients:
1.Chicken breast boneless, skinless - 4 each
2.Fresh orange - 2 each
3.Fresh Lemon - 2 each
4.Fresh Lime - 2 each
5.Honey - 1/2 cup
6.Cumin - 1 teaspoon
7.Chili Powder - 1 teaspoon
8. Fresh Mint - couple of sprigs
9. kosher salt , fresh ground pepper - to taste

Method:

1. Using a zester, zest the oranges, lemons, and limes, reserve the zest.
2. In a bowl squeeze juice from the citrus fruit, add honey and spices and mint.
3. Marinade chicken in juice for up to 4 hours.
4. Remove chicken from marinade - place into sauce pot and over low heat reduce by half. Then add reserved zest.
5. Grill chicken, brushing on reduced marinade.

Notes:
Because of the sugars in the marinade be careful with flare up. May want to have a spray bottle with water near by.
If you do not have a zester, a vegetable peeler will work. Just peel the rind without digging into the white pithy part. Then cut into thin strips(juilenne).
The chicken will have a light and refreshing taste, great with cold beer or a nice chardonnay.

I would like to try some of that hot chicken Pegwinn, spicy food rocks!

Any kind of sauce with your steaks Kathianne?

Originally posted by pegwinn
Steaks with "need to know basis only" rubs already on it.
Two kinds of Chicken. One is injected with a "3rd stage of hot" marinade. It is for Marines and real he-men only. It will bring sweat to your upper lip from ten paces. :flameth:
Second bird is coated with spices and vacuumed just waiting to cook over a can of hops and barley.

Gas grills, any grill rocks. As I tell wifey, tis technique babe. :p:

Ooohh that sounds good!

Mtnbiker posted
Any kind of sauce with your steaks Kathianne?

No, but I'm open to suggestions...:D Got a good one?

Here is one:

Crab Stuffed Filet of Beef with Gorganzola

Ingredients:

1. 4 - Beef Filets 8 ounces trimmed
2. Dungenous Crabmeat 6 ounces
3. Gorganzola cheese 5 ounces
4. Fresh chives, just a couple
5. Heavy cream 4 ounces
6. Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
Method:

1. Using a small paring knife make an insertion into the side and center of the filet, move the knife back and fourth to make a pocket in center of the filet. Try to keep the original hole from the insertion small.
2. Use 1.5 ounces of crab for each filet, stuff into hole filling the pocket.
3. Season beef with salt and pepper, light on the salt.

For Gorgonzola sauce, gentle warm the cream and cheese until melted and smooth, dice chives and add.

Cook filets on grill untill desired temperature (med-rare is best) serve filets with warm sauce over top.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
Here is one:

Crab Stuffed Filet of Beef with Gorganzola

Ingredients:

1. 4 - Beef Filets 8 ounces trimmed
2. Dungenous Crabmeat 6 ounces
3. Gorganzola cheese 5 ounces
4. Fresh chives, just a couple
5. Heavy cream 4 ounces
6. Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
Method:

1. Using a small paring knife make an insertion into the side and center of the filet, move the knife back and fourth to make a pocket in center of the filet. Try to keep the original hole from the insertion small.
2. Use 1.5 ounces of crab for each filet, stuff into hole filling the pocket.
3. Season beef with salt and pepper, light on the salt.

For Gorgonzola sauce, gentle warm the cream and cheese until melted and smooth, dice chives and add.

Cook filets on grill untill desired temperature (med-rare is best) serve filets with warm sauce over top.

Oh, that sounds SOOO good! :beer: I am going to try it, but not today with so many things to cook, not to mention all the crabmeat I'd have to buy! But this month, ohhhh. (We need a enraptured smilie, second think, maybe not with jamarie and KL ):p:

Step of the First: Take four ha-ben-yair-o (no can spell) or other hot peppers and place them in about a quart of penut or sesame oil. Seal and forget for about a week or so. Oil is ready when peppers are black. Discard peppers. Keep oil, treasure it well grasshopper.

Step the second (or: following the first): Taking three dried chiles of your favorite flavor, grind them to powder. Mix with equal parts of garlic, onion salt, and black pepper. Place spice mix in flour mixture.

Stepping lively the third time: mix buttermilk, tobasco, and a bit of unflavored oil. Soak chicken pieces in this for a few hours in a fridge.

*****************PREP IS DONE******************
*****************WE BEGIN*********************

Taking the chicken out and let rest in bath of BM until room temp.
Dredge in flour spice mix.
Heat oil.
Fry Chicken.
Make ready with fire extinguisher.

Step of the First: Take four ha-ben-yair-o (no can spell) or other hot peppers and place them in about a quart of penut or sesame oil. Seal and forget for about a week or so. Oil is ready when peppers are black. Discard peppers. Keep oil, treasure it well grasshopper.

Step the second (or: following the first): Taking three dried chiles of your favorite flavor, grind them to powder. Mix with equal parts of garlic, onion salt, and black pepper. Place spice mix in flour mixture.

Stepping lively the third time: mix buttermilk, tobasco, and a bit of unflavored oil. Soak chicken pieces in this for a few hours in a fridge.

*****************PREP IS DONE******************
*****************WE BEGIN*********************

Taking the chicken out and let rest in bath of BM until room temp.
Dredge in flour spice mix.
Heat oil.
Fry Chicken.
Make ready with fire extinguisher.

Rock and Roll, nice recipe Pegwinn. :flameth: Infused chili oil. I'll read "fire extinguisher" as lots of cold beer.:beer:

Rock and Roll, nice recipe Pegwinn. :flameth: Infused chili oil. I'll read "fire extinguisher" as lots of cold beer.:beer:

I'm still trying to figure out the pepper, much less the extinquisher!

Pegwinn meant habanero chili, one hot little chili pepper.
Thanks. Now I can get the cervaza!

Originally posted by Kathianne
Thanks. Now I can get the cervaza!

Fair warning to all concerned. You will need a dairy product to put out the fire. I keep mucho beer on hand, and we may dice the chicken to put on tortillas and have sour cream on the side.

Didn't even know that this forum existed. I am a backyard chemist as an increasingly expensive hobby. I have others if you wish. Happy 4th.

Fair warning to all concerned. You will need a dairy product to put out the fire. I keep mucho beer on hand, and we may dice the chicken to put on tortillas and have sour cream on the side.

Didn't even know that this forum existed. I am a backyard chemist as an increasingly expensive hobby. I have others if you wish. Happy 4th.

We Wish! :p:

Pegwinn meant habanero chili, one hot little chili pepper.

Habanero or scotch bonnets are the hottest peppers in the world. Makes a jalapeno taste like a bowl of ice cream. I LOVE FIERY FOODS! Comes from my college days in Texas.

Originally posted by Dan
I'll probably break out a pack of Ramen noodles!:p:

OMG Dan, you still eathing them? hahahahahaha!!!! can't you graduate to atleast Progresso?

Mtnbiker, can you please whip me up of some of that recipe you posted, that sure does sound good! :D OVERNIGHT will do!!!!

Originally posted by Dan
I'll probably break out a pack of Ramen noodles!:p:

Dude, Ramen noodles rock. I used to live on them when deployed. I got azillion how to ramen ideas. When you get tired of them ala the package, do this..............

Cook them per the package minus thirty seconds of boiling,
Add ICE to the water to stop the cooking.

Get a wok or good sized skillet.

Get oil (sesame or penut or veggie (in decending order of flavor))
Get beef or chicken and cut into cubes or strips.
Season meat with favorite dry rub

Add oil to pan, heat until it dances. Add meat and stir fry.
Add noodles after meat is done and sprinkle more rub to taste.

Final desired result is noodles are hot, spiced to taste, and very lightly coated. Meat is hot and tender. Any veggies is cooked thru. It's called Yakisoba Phil Style. Enjoy

Damn, dude, my Ramen diet is a result of my laziness as much as a lack of money, that is just way too much work!!!:p:

No, I might actually try that. I treated myself tonight and made Chicken Helper fried rice, came out really good actually, though I didn't find out until after I cooked it that we have no soy sauce.:mad:

Go home to MOM!

Mom is 500 miles away!

Forum List

Back