Balloon Boy: We did this for the show.

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Rut-roh shaggy...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6UONWCq7A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6UONWCq7A[/ame]

...and then farts. LOL.

Last edited:
Notice how Dad's "translation" is absolutely nothing like what the kids said. And check out the body language of the all kids.

Listened to it a couple of times and it sounds like:

"ummmm....you guys said.........we did this for the show."

Notice how Dad's "translation" is absolutely nothing like what the kids said. And check out the body language of the all kids.

If someone wasn't getting a spanking before, they are now. :lol:

This story was just so stupid and a waste of time. Then again, it was better than having to listen to Arianna Huffington on the Ed Show. :eusa_eh:

If someone wasn't getting a spanking before, they are now. :lol:

This story was just so stupid and a waste of time. Then again, it was better than having to listen to Arianna Huffington on the Ed Show. :eusa_eh:

I think the worm has just turned on this story. Now its going to be about the dad pulling this shit, and the story is going last a LOT longer now than it would have before.

Other media outlets picking it up now:

Balloon boy found safe: Hoax or horrible mistake? | Parental Guidance - Sandra Lee - - Parental Guidance - Sandra Lee - NJ.com
Reports say that Falcon Heene was spotted by his older brother climbing into the flying contraption. When it took off, his assumption was that Falcon was still in it. CNN reports that Falcon's brother actually videotaped him in the craft before it became airborne.

I have to ask the obvious question: Where were the parents?

The father, Richard Heene who was on the reality show "Wife Swap,'' said he thinks his son hid because he'd already yelled at him for going near the apparatus. "My biggest fear was that he would become electrocuted,'' he said. If that was a serious concern, then how come not one, but two children were left unsupervised near the thing?

Some public comments on this story accuse the family of a publicity stunt, which is supported by Falcon's own comment to CNN. In an interview, he said he "did it for the show.''

The coincidence of the older son videotaping the "incident" certainly makes one wonder. If this was a hoax, it was a very expensive one - for everyone else.

The Associated Press: Boy feared floating away in homemade balloon found

Richard Heene adamantly denied the notion that the whole thing was a big publicity stunt. "That's horrible after the crap we just went through. No."

During a live interview with CNN, Falcon said he had heard his family calling his name.

"You did?" Mayumi Heene said.

"Why didn't you come out?" Richard Heene said.

Falcon answered, "You had said that we did this for a show."

Later, Richard Heene bristled when the family was asked to clarify and said he didn't know what his son meant. He didn't ask his son what he meant by "a show."

am i the only one who saw it....they swapped her with a family that was overprotective of their kids....

so far i havent seen any comments by that family....

i just dont know....i am too paranoid of the cosmic forces to think a parent would pull a stunt like this....tempting fates and all...pretending your child is in danger etc...

now in reality...damn that word...the father is a building contractor according to what he said on wife swap...they are hobbists stormchasers..what ever floats your boat...

Forum List

Back