B.G. Burkett: Navy Commanders to Cast Doubt on Kerry's War Record

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Several Navy officers who supervised Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry when he commanded a swift boat in Vietnam are preparing to publicly question his war record - including the circumstances under which he was awarded three Purple Hearts - a noted Vietnam War historian revealed on Sunday.

Burkett, whose 1999 book, "Stolen Valor," is considered to be the definitive history of of falsified Vietnam War claims, told WABC Radio's Steve Malzberg that Kerry's former commanders would allege that the top Democrat's Purple Hearts were awarded for "self-reported injuries that were virtually nonexistent."

"He never got a day of treatment, he never spent a day in a medical facility," Burkett said. "These were all self-reported wounds, which you're going to hear from some swift boat guys in the future as to the nature of those wounds."

Burkett said he had personally spoken to the Navy commanders who were preparing to go public about Kerry's decorations.

"You're going to get quite a showing [of those speaking out]," Burkett told Malzberg. "I don't know [the number] yet. They're trying to get it to be unanimous of every swift boat guy who ever served."

Read the rest here:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/4/234750.shtml

Originally posted by kcmcdonald
come on kerry, blow up and fall down.:D

I find this whole campaign to be hilarious. I see lots and lots of anti-bush people out there, but the pure Kerry supporters seem to be amongst the missing.

Originally posted by jimnyc
I find this whole campaign to be hilarious. I see lots and lots of anti-bush people out there, but the pure Kerry supporters seem to be amongst the missing.
True story, how long have we been saying this Jim?

Originally posted by acludem
This will be like the so-called intern affair I bet.

Kerry in 2004!!!!!!!

acludem

Sure, and I've yet to see you give ONE GOOD REASON why anyone should vote for Kerry. We've asked the question countless times and I heard nothing but crickets chirping in the background. Kerry is a loser and America realizes that. Happy voting!

One good reason to vote for John Kerry...wow there are so many...shall we start with...He's not George W. Bush? Nah...too easy. I'll vote for John Kerry for more than just these few reasons but here goes:

1. John Kerry won't give massive tax breaks to the super wealthy.

2. John Kerry wants us to be part of the world community.

3. John Ashcroft won't be Attorney General anymore.

4. We might actually have our business in Iraq finished by sometime before the end of this century.

5. John Kerry will actually attempt to stimulate the economy by...gasp...creating jobs in the United States, not India and China!

6. Donald Rumsfeld won't be Secretary of Defense anymore.

7. We might actually have an EPA and Interior Department that give a damn about the environment.

shall I keep going?

acludem

One good reason to vote for John Kerry...wow there are so many...shall we start with...He's not George W. Bush? Nah...too easy. I'll vote for John Kerry for more than just these few reasons but here goes:

4. We might actually have our business in Iraq finished by sometime before the end of this century.

5. John Kerry will actually attempt to stimulate the economy by...gasp...creating jobs in the United States, not India and China!

7. We might actually have an EPA and Interior Department that give a damn about the environment.

shall I keep going?

acludem

Keep going? Have you started yet? How about outlining how exactly he'll do numbers 2, 4 & 5.

So, 100,000 a year, for a household is 'super wealthy'? Why do people who work hard to make money deserve to pay MORE than those who don't make a lot of scratch. Leave them to their money.

. John Kerry wants us to be part of the world community.

Why is that a benefit? As if we aren't now? What you are confusing with 'being a part' is 'Allowing foreign leaders to dictate our Policy.' Frankly? There isn't one 'other' country which could do a better job with 'us', than the USA. Yes - the US IS better...as a nation, than any other single, or collective of countries on the planet.

Can you articulate why you don't like Ashcroft?

See? you're just being stupid now.

How so? If that DID happen, it'd be because of what GWB set in place 3.5 years ago. GWB inherited shit - and is turning it into less-smelly shit.

Again - can you think of anyone who could do a better job?

Fuck the EPA. They as an organization are worse than the KKK.

shall I keep going?

Please keep going...all the way to another website.

shall I keep going?

acludem

1. Define "super wealthy." The Dems define it as $100,000 per year - not necessarily a large sum. Then defend the position that those who earn more should pay a higher percentage of their money in taxes.

2. Kerry's definition of being part of the world community means asking the UN permission do act. Bush's definition is gathering coalitions of willing countries to act. Bush's strategy has liberated two countries and decreased the number of terrorists in the world. Do you really expect Kerry's Mother-May-I policy to work better? And don't start in on how we are supposedly losing allies. France is still a part of the UN and NATO, Germany is acting friendlier, and NATO is expanding.

3. As dmp asked, what specific policies of John Ashcroft are you opposed to?

4. Maybe you didn't notice, but we are in the process of turning the country over right now. Regardless, we are doing this much faster than we did with Germany and Japan in WWII.

5. Did you miss the latest jobs report? 300,000 jobs in February (or March - whatever the last month was). And an unemployment rate of 5.7% - comparable to Clinton's unemployment rates in 2000.

6. Again, what specific policies of Don Rumsfield are you opposed to?

7. What policies of the EPA/Interior Department do you feel have degraded the environment? Hint: reducing federal regulations does not always mean degrading the environment.

shall I keep going?

acludem

Big government that folds into teh socialaists class of Europe, make the wealthy pay for the poor and have the government stifen defence to pay for welfare!!:p:

Ha, that is the stupidst idea I've ever heard. WE live in AMERICA, we live in a captolists society, where individauls take care of them selfs. If you want this socail Utopia move to Canada or Europe, THey don't like armies. Hell the whole world(xcept the world that still fights) doesn't like armies. Guess who protects them? the US army.

1. I would define super wealthy as Bush's entire cabinet and all of his corporate donors who got massive tax breaks.

2. John Kerry would bring us back into the leadership of the U.N. and bring us back to respectability in the world by ending the arrogant Bush, your either with us or against us policies.

3. Look at my handle, do I really have to write an entire paragraph as to what policies of Ashcroft's I oppose? Here are few...The Patriot Act, the No-Fly list, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

4. The Bush administration has no plan, and we are losing more and more troops everyday fighting a war we can't possibly win. John Kerry would at least make an effort to come up with a plan to get our troops the hell out of there at some point in the near future.

5. I haven't read his plan, when I do, I'll let you know.

6. Who could do a better job? almost anyone.

7. The EPA is now run by ex-lobbyists from major polluters. The Interior Department is a complete mess (see the post from DK on how they have been screwing Indians over for years, and yes I know that goes back into the Clinton administration but Bush has had nearly four years and he's simply made it that much worse)

Acludem

acludem, in other words, you'll just avoid my questions. I guess it's easier to avoid them than looking foolish.

shall I keep going?

acludem

Out of curiosity - how do you know all of this? Because Kerry said so?
I am just wondering from a supposed Kerry fan - what makes you so confident in this man - when most question his intentions? He doesn't have a clear record on anything as I am sure you are aware of so what would give you the confidence this man will do the above for you?

About his war record. Kerry brought it on himself....when Clinton ran for President, Kerry himself backed Clinton up by stating (in reference to Clintons dodging the draft) that the past is not relevant - suddenly the past is relevant and thrown in our faces.
Naturally anyone who has three purple hearts within four months of service in Vietnam will be questioned - esp when there is no record of his hospital visits or anything but furthermore that was the base of Kerrys whole campagnie. Kerry used this to promote himself and demote anyone else - so now his records are being looked into - suprise suprise. I don't think of Kerry as the wisest person around...
Perhaps we should take his suggestion and listen and understand the poetry of rap music - you know - the music that humms to the beat of murder and guns and rape...that poetry.

I answered every question that I knew the answer to. The only one I don't have a specific answer to is the one about the Kerry jobs plan. I do know that he has pledged to create 10 million American jobs in his first four years. How he'll go about this, I haven't read, but as I said, when I do, I'll let you know. Here are a couple of possibly Secretaries of Defense: General Wesley Clark, Senator John McCain, Representative Ike Skelton of Missouri. In the Attorney General's seat, we've had two consecutive losers (yes I'm a democrat and I think Janet Reno was almost as bad as Ashcroft), so anyone would be an improvement. My choices would be Rep. Jerrold Nadler of New York, Sen. John Edwards (assuming he's not VP), or Joe Lieberman.

acludem

I answered every question that I knew the answer to. The only one I don't have a specific answer to is the one about the Kerry jobs plan. I do know that he has pledged to create 10 million American jobs in his first four years. How he'll go about this, I haven't read, but as I said, when I do, I'll let you know. Here are a couple of possibly Secretaries of Defense: General Wesley Clark, Senator John McCain, Representative Ike Skelton of Missouri. In the Attorney General's seat, we've had two consecutive losers (yes I'm a democrat and I think Janet Reno was almost as bad as Ashcroft), so anyone would be an improvement. My choices would be Rep. Jerrold Nadler of New York, Sen. John Edwards (assuming he's not VP), or Joe Lieberman.

acludem

You seem to have a lot of faith in a man who doesn't stand clear on anything.

Your statement on super wealthy - does that include Kerry? You do know he is very wealthy correct?

At any rate, you have made up your mind based on what Kerry said and that is your choice. There is nothing wrong with believing so much in someone...I cannot say I believe in anyone in this world the way you believe in Kerry.

Yes, John Kerry and his wife would be included and they didn't need any tax breaks earlier. Evidently you all liked my options for Attorney General. A couple of other possibilities for defense: William Cohen (he did a great job in the Clinton administration), Richard C. Clarke (just kidding), and Max Cleland.

Forum List

Back