Ayn Rand's Ugly Step Child

when I first watched the program, I was like "oh no, people are going to blame this as a regulatory problem"

but it was NOT. It simply was not. The problem, first and foremost, was the excessive control the Fed had in the first place, which led it to lower interest rates far bellow what the market would have.

This was in part due to the fact that, at times of war (this was around 2001), low interest rates ease the borrowing load of the government. It was also in part due to the entire system of $USD recycling which requires continuous re-investment of dollars in USD assets.

Derivatives were the worst form of excess in terms of useless junk used to store excessive cash, another one being California and Nevada real estate, etc.

The crisis was clearly from the very beginning an issue of government over-stepping its bounds and dropping rates too low for too long. This created TOO MUCH MONEY IN THE MARKET. Which is the problem, first and foremost. All other problems were basically related to this one major issue.

Now I'm not saying I agree with everything Rand said, nor that regulation was not blocked by many people (because it is evident it was). But to assume Greenspan and the republicans genuinely believed Rand's ideas and attempted to genuinely implement them is akin to suggesting Stalin's actions are to be blamed on the writings of Marx, or the Nazis inherited Nietzsche's philosophy.

You're wrong, but at leats you had the time to view things with a critical skill set. Maybe you can help transform this message board into something mirroring ... ahhh, on second thought...:eek:

I never suggested that Greenspan's actions (really a lack of actions and actions are what are being criticized by everyone) are to be blamed on Rand's writings. Greenspan agreed with and attempted to introduce her ideas into policy with disastrous results. MAybe you'd like to suggest giving more of that medicine to the dying patient because more of IT would be better?

Except that never occurred.
Ayn Rand's ideas taken out of the world of academic and intellectual bs and brought into the real world where people actually have lives to live is always going to end up causing catastrophy. Why? Because Ayn was a fruitcake.

You're wrong, but at leats you had the time to view things with a critical skill set. Maybe you can help transform this message board into something mirroring ... ahhh, on second thought...:eek:

I never suggested that Greenspan's actions (really a lack of actions and actions are what are being criticized by everyone) are to be blamed on Rand's writings. Greenspan agreed with and attempted to introduce her ideas into policy with disastrous results. MAybe you'd like to suggest giving more of that medicine to the dying patient because more of IT would be better?

Ayn Rand's ideas taken out of the world of academic and intellectual bs and brought into the real world where people actually have lives to live is always going to end up causing catastrophy. Why? Because Ayn was a fruitcake.

Once again, that never occurred.

Personal accountability? Right to self determination? The right to what you've earned? Why that's just crazy talk.

Last edited:

Personal accountability? Right to self determination? The right to what you've earned? Why that's just crazy talk.

If only life were as simple as your limited ccapacity to grasp the obvious. :eusa_shhh:

If only life were as simple as your limited ccapacity to grasp the obvious. :eusa_shhh:

You said she was a fruitcake. Those are the things she stood for. The only thing limited here is your knowledge of her views. Life is as simple as you choose to make it. A concept I realize is simply out of the grasp of a group of people (libs like yourself) that refuse to hold themselves accountable for their outcomes.

Last edited:

You said she was a fruitcake. Those are the things she stood for. The only thing limited here is your knowledge of her views. Life is as simple as you choose to make it. A concept I realize is simply out of the grasp of a group of people (libs like yourself) that refuse to hold themselves accountable for their outcomes.

You are attaching accountability to Rand's weird views? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Accountability is not a concept Rand invented or lived by in her own life.

Get a grip. At one time American liberals and conservatives held accountability in high regard. That ideal existed in American politics until the rise of libertarian nitwits and populist morons in the political arena where the liberatrians and populists hijacked the machinery of both the DNC and RNC.

Get a grip. At one time American liberals and conservatives held accountability in high regard. That ideal existed in American politics until the rise of libertarian nitwits and populist morons in the political arena where the liberatrians and populists hijacked the machinery of both the DNC and RNC.

The libertarians hijacked the DNC and RNC?

:rofl:

hello? libertarians and populists hijacked bothe parties. if you cannot figure out who did what I feel sorry for yo...oh wait. you think you're funyy. ha ha

:eusa_shhh:

hello? libertarians and populists hijacked bothe parties. if you cannot figure out who did what I feel sorry for yo...oh wait. you think you're funyy. ha ha

I wasn't attempting to be funny, I was laughing at what I perceived to be a joke you told. I thought you were being funny.

I wasn't attempting to be funny, I was laughing at what I perceived to be a joke you told. I thought you were being funny.
"You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me?":eek:

Forum List

Back