Awesome Newt comment, welcoming being vetted

NG is, next to Obama, the most intelligent of the candidates by far, other than Mitt.

He will play well to the fauxrage of certain rightites as he claims the media is out to get him.

He will have trouble with his health care business entanglements, how much who know.

If he survive health care and media issues, he can win if he can convince the social values conservative right that he is the banner holder in the existential war against Christendom. The scv right will have to do something it does not do well for NG to get its vote: forgive.

Newts wrong about who the Obama reelection team is though...it's not MSNBC, it's the GOP candidates.

If that is true.... then sit back and enjoy the ride to 2012.

Oh I have been, thanks. I just wish Cain and Bachmann hadn't fallen so fast. The comedy provided by those two will go down in history. :lol:

What is 'awesome' about it?

I'm not overly interested in what politicians say... It is what they do that counts.

How do you know what they do unless you know it through words?

I wasn't a witness to what Newt did after he left Congress. I have to rely on words from someone.

He ably describes what he has done, and ably counteracts the impression that I receive about him from other sources.

That's a great skill to have.

Politicians.... they lie, you know that, right?

I still fail to see why it is 'awesome' that he said he welcomes the vetting process. What was he supposed to say? That he's terrified of it? That he does not want to be vetted?

He's a career politician. I don't 'do' career politicians. Because they lie.

I'm not overly interested in what politicians say... It is what they do that counts.

I wasn't a witness to what Newt did after he left Congress. I have to rely on words from someone.

He ably describes what he has done, and ably counteracts the impression that I receive about him from other sources.

I still fail to see why it is 'awesome' that he said he welcomes the vetting process. What was he supposed to say? That he's terrified of it? That he does not want to be vetted?

Some people stutter and stammer and dodge. They may say they welcome it but the grimace on their face tells otherwise.

Newt delivered his "bring it on" with style.

I'm still undecided who I'd rather the candidate be, between Mitt and Newt. If Newt wins, it will be fun to watch him campaign against Obama.

Last edited:

Some people stutter and stammer and dodge. They may say they welcome it but the grimace on their face tells otherwise.

I'm still undecided who I'd rather the candidate be, between Mitt and Newt. If Newt wins, it will be fun to watch him campaign against Obama.

People stammer when a question catches them off guard. Most candidates have a massive list of questions and prepared answers, designed to look 'off the cuff'. Much like Obama with his 'mutt' comment. Rehearsed to perfection. I remain incredibly skeptical of any comment by any politician.

He would do a good job as president, but he's not going to be the nominee, and I agree, that he didn't saying awesome.

People stammer when a question catches them off guard. Most candidates have a massive list of questions and prepared answers, designed to look 'off the cuff'. Much like Obama with his 'mutt' comment. Rehearsed to perfection. I remain incredibly skeptical of any comment by any politician.

There's a difference. Some people look rehearsed. And in pressers and debates they often look like they are feeling around for a segue bring the topic back to something they pre-prepared.

Newt has a wonderful naturalness, which comes from an intimacy with the things he's taking questions on. Not just being rehearsed. He can actually answer the questions he is asked. Not search his memory banks for one which sounds sort of close in the bank of questions his advisors told him he would need to know about.

Forum List

Back