Avoid the Zeros

Nyvin

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2013
Just an awkward thing I noticed around here....

For a while I was getting annoyed how many of my posts ended up being at the bottom of a thread and then they were quickly missed and forgotten when the next page was started with the very next post.

Some time ago I noticed that the last post is always a number that ends with zero, and the first post on the next page is always a post that ends with the number 1. This got me thinking that the reason I was the last one on a page to post so often was because there were others who knew this and were simply waiting for someone else to post in the "zero" place for them so they could start a new page.

As much as this behavior annoys me I can't help but finding myself glancing at the post numbers now and if I see a 8 or 9 I'm extremely reluctant to post anything and would rather come back a few minutes later and make the post then at the beginning of a page.

Does anyone else find themselves doing this from time to time? Maybe not in trivial threads (like this one) but maybe in a thread they'd like their ideas paid attention to? Is this a learned behavior on this forum that until a few weeks ago I wasn't aware of?

Just an awkward thing I noticed around here....

For a while I was getting annoyed how many of my posts ended up being at the bottom of a thread and then they were quickly missed and forgotten when the next page was started with the very next post.

Some time ago I noticed that the last post is always a number that ends with zero, and the first post on the next page is always a post that ends with the number 1. This got me thinking that the reason I was the last one on a page to post so often was because there were others who knew this and were simply waiting for someone else to post in the "zero" place for them so they could start a new page.

As much as this behavior annoys me I can't help but finding myself glancing at the post numbers now and if I see a 8 or 9 I'm extremely reluctant to post anything and would rather come back a few minutes later and make the post then at the beginning of a page.

Does anyone else find themselves doing this from time to time? Maybe not in trivial threads (like this one) but maybe in a thread they'd like their ideas paid attention to? Is this a learned behavior on this forum that until a few weeks ago I wasn't aware of?
You're not only paranoid, you're delusional.
Just quote yourself if you want to bump it.
Works for me. :thup:

Forum List

Back