Autonomy of judicial systems

Fmr jarhead

Aug 9, 2004
SoFLA
I am sick and tired of hearing about how inept the Aruban justice system is (within the context of how the US system operates).

It is time to quit expecting another country to change its system to more closely resemble that of the US.

When considering going on an international vacation, take in to consideration how a justice system works, and do not expect it to be the same as the US's....do not visit the country, if you do not like thier justice system (or the water, for that fact)

How outraged would the US citizenry be, if foriegn citizens started calling for absolute reform of OUR system. It is none of thier business how we see fit to run our country (I think I recall the English being booted from our shores for not allowing us to live freely)

How about a little respect for thier system.....If you don't like it, then don't support them, and encourage everyone you know to stay away, as well.

Fmr jarhead said:
I am sick and tired of hearing about how inept the Aruban justice system is (within the context of how the US system operates).

It is time to quit expecting another country to change its system to more closely resemble that of the US.

When considering going on an international vacation, take in to consideration how a justice system works, and do not expect it to be the same as the US's....do not visit the country, if you do not like thier justice system (or the water, for that fact)

How outraged would the US citizenry be, if foriegn citizens started calling for absolute reform of OUR system. It is none of thier business how we see fit to run our country (I think I recall the English being booted from our shores for not allowing us to live freely)

How about a little respect for thier system.....If you don't like it, then don't support them, and encourage everyone you know to stay away, as well.
Agreed---I'm tired of the story and how many missing persons cases are unsolved in the US after YEARS ?

Don't get me wrong, I am angry about Natalee's disappearance, and the way their system has held on to suspects and released them....but also keep in mind, even here in the US....no body...no crime is often the case.

Accept their system as it is, and do not expect it to operate the same as the US's (for better or worse)

Forum List

Back