Australia's 'political deplorables' head to the pub to call last drinks on major parties

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
In the sweltering confines of a Brisbane pub, as the rest of the city cut loose at work Christmas parties, a select group was finding communion with a trio billed as “Australia’s political deplorables”.

Two things stood out right away about a crowd lured by the promise of spending last Friday night with David Leyonhjelm, Malcolm Roberts and Andrew Laming.

One, most everyone seemed to take the tectonic shifts in world politics in 2016 – Brexit, the Trump presidency and even the resurgence of One Nation – as a sign things were going their way

Australia's 'political deplorables' head to the pub to call last drinks on major parties

Of course Australia trots out the usual crashing bores in answer to the rest of the Anglosphere.

Since Australia is well on its way to being a Chinese Satellite now is the time to consider constitutional changes to avoid that problem.

Since Australia is well on its way to being a Chinese Satellite now is the time to consider constitutional changes to avoid that problem.
yeah but the new Australia lacks the character of the old. Interesting and intelligent people are put down here. These men in the article are not Farage, they are richard spencer.

See what I mean?

All I know for sure is NT and WA is on the wish list of many Chinese and you've got more refugees trying to get into the country than you have population.

If you look at the threats China makes some of them do not even make good nonsense.

We will improve your trade balance by a net $300 billion/yr and we're ready to do it. (100B retaliation for a 400B dumping and currency manipulation tariff bill.)

We will use our economic muscle to drown you. (Based on UN measurement using 65 age of retirement the Chinese labor force began shrinking in 2013 if memory serves. Chinese mandatory retirement age is 55 for women and 60 for men. Worse yet young, skilled Chinese workers are headed for the exits. One of the bigger industries in Saipan is delivering US citizen anchor babies to the princelings. Chinese homesteaders are worldwide.)

I think you are evaluating the wrong China risk. The Chinese who know China better than we do are expecting full on collapse.

New Topics

Forum List

Back