Attack on Michelle Obama shows Palin's ignorance of history

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a few things about her saying this and the subsequent backlash.

-she probably shouldn't have said it.
-there's nothing wrong with it.
-I understand where she was coming from.

man you got a lot of talaent... i like open collab and voodoo... i'm not into rap too much, but it's really well produced and you gotta great voice... cheers G T

Thank you sir, I appreciate that. :razz:

now repeating the very statement that the Queen Obama said, IS RACIST.

can you believe these PEOPLE.

and this article was written by Richard Cohen. nuff said.:lol:

Richard Cohen - Attack on Michelle Obama shows Palin's ignorance of history

Basically says the same thing I said in another thread, whites like Sarah Palin want blacks to forget about how blacks were treated in the recent and distant past and be grateful and patriotic for what? This part said it best:

It's appalling that Palin and too many others fail to understand that fact - indeed so many facts of American history. They don't offer the slightest hint that they can appreciate the history of the Obama family and that in Michelle's case, her ancestors were slaves - Jim Robinson of South Carolina, her paternal great-great grandfather, being one. Even after they were freed they were consigned to peonage, second-class citizens, forbidden to vote in much of the South, dissuaded from doing so in some of the North, relegated to separate schools, restaurants, churches, hotels, waiting rooms of train stations, the back of the bus, the other side of the tracks, the mortuary, the cemetery and, if whites could manage it, heaven itself.

It was the government that oppressed blacks, enforcing the laws that imprisoned them and hanged them for crimes grave and trivial, whipped them if they bolted for freedom and, in the Civil War, massacred them if they were captured fighting for the North. And yet if African Americans hesitate in embracing the mythical wonderfulness of America, they are accused of racism - of having the gall to know more about their own experience and history than Palin and others think they should.

Why do politicians such as Palin and commentators such as Glenn Beck insist that African Americans go blank on their own history - as blank as apparently Palin and Beck are themselves? Why must they insist that blacks join them in embracing a repellent history that once caused America to go to war with itself? Besides Princeton, Michelle Obama is a graduate of Harvard Law School. It's hardly possible that she is not knowledgeable about the history of African Americans - no Ellis Island for them, immigrants in their colorful native dress waving at the camera. Should she forget it all simply because she went to Ivy League schools - be thankful for what she had gotten and the hell with the rest? Why should she be more grateful than Cindy McCain?

As I said before and I'll say it again, rightwing trash have absolutely no justification to say Michelle Obama and any other blacks are unpatriotic. Stupid rightwingers!

Bass the Racist Ass,

ARE YOU GOING TO BE FUCKING STUPID ON A CONTINUOUS BASIS, YOU BRAINLESS BLACK RACIST BITCH ????

OK....I know it's stupid on my part to ask a question the answer to which is known fact !!!!

BUT IT IS FRUSTRATING !!!!!

Hey Rent-A-Boy, this is not racist namecalling? Why Bass censored, but this ass is not?

Richard Cohen - Attack on Michelle Obama shows Palin's ignorance of history

Basically says the same thing I said in another thread, whites like Sarah Palin want blacks to forget about how blacks were treated in the recent and distant past and be grateful and patriotic for what? This part said it best:

It's appalling that Palin and too many others fail to understand that fact - indeed so many facts of American history. They don't offer the slightest hint that they can appreciate the history of the Obama family and that in Michelle's case, her ancestors were slaves - Jim Robinson of South Carolina, her paternal great-great grandfather, being one. Even after they were freed they were consigned to peonage, second-class citizens, forbidden to vote in much of the South, dissuaded from doing so in some of the North, relegated to separate schools, restaurants, churches, hotels, waiting rooms of train stations, the back of the bus, the other side of the tracks, the mortuary, the cemetery and, if whites could manage it, heaven itself.

It was the government that oppressed blacks, enforcing the laws that imprisoned them and hanged them for crimes grave and trivial, whipped them if they bolted for freedom and, in the Civil War, massacred them if they were captured fighting for the North. And yet if African Americans hesitate in embracing the mythical wonderfulness of America, they are accused of racism - of having the gall to know more about their own experience and history than Palin and others think they should.

Why do politicians such as Palin and commentators such as Glenn Beck insist that African Americans go blank on their own history - as blank as apparently Palin and Beck are themselves? Why must they insist that blacks join them in embracing a repellent history that once caused America to go to war with itself? Besides Princeton, Michelle Obama is a graduate of Harvard Law School. It's hardly possible that she is not knowledgeable about the history of African Americans - no Ellis Island for them, immigrants in their colorful native dress waving at the camera. Should she forget it all simply because she went to Ivy League schools - be thankful for what she had gotten and the hell with the rest? Why should she be more grateful than Cindy McCain?

As I said before and I'll say it again, rightwing trash have absolutely no justification to say Michelle Obama and any other blacks are unpatriotic. Stupid rightwingers!

Bass the Racist Ass,

ARE YOU GOING TO BE FUCKING STUPID ON A CONTINUOUS BASIS, YOU BRAINLESS BLACK RACIST BITCH ????

OK....I know it's stupid on my part to ask a question the answer to which is known fact !!!!

BUT IT IS FRUSTRATING !!!!!

Hey Rent-A-Boy, this is not racist namecalling? Why Bass censored, but this ass is not?

Mind your own business. Don't question moderator actions in public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back