At which age did you marry?

ekrem

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2005
I'm becoming 28 very very soon.
I'm not married yet.
When was it that you married?
If you want to answer, gladly you can also give further details about anything involving you and your husband/wife. Like for example Shogun did with his romantic marriage offer.

The wish to marry is growing each day bigger for me. But I've not found her so far.
I know some women whom I like and maybe I would marry, but none of them really is THE one I really want to marry. Very tricky.

i was 28....i met my husband on halloween and we were married march 1....his divorce from his first wife was final in december. i did not know him before he was separated and the divorce was in the works..

dont worry....love will reach out and grab ya plus dont yall do more arranged marriages?

22 and 40 (I think).*

*I will find the answer to this once I send this off. Avoid all ambushes!

i was 28....i met my husband on halloween and we were married march 1....his divorce from his first wife was final in december. i did not know him before he was separated and the divorce was in the works..

dont worry....love will reach out and grab ya plus dont yall do more arranged marriages?

Yes, my mother is pushing me in that direction with arranged marriage.
She takes up that issue every time I see her.
I'm the youngest of total 3 boys. The other 2 are already married.
Only one of them had arranged marriage, he is happy with his wife.

In theory, I already know all the women my mother would introduce to me.
From this circle I like some women of which some rejected me already when trying to engage them on personal level, but with some I already had contact. Like I said, some I would marry, but none of them is really THE one.

I'm thinking to marry one of them, although I have an inner conviction that the woman from this circle is not really my choice.

then dont marry her.....dont be conflicted about it....both muslim men i know...had arranged marriages...they were happy...but they never questioned that it was the way for them.

the ones who rejected you ...are off mom's list i would hope...

and you might be surprised she might go out of the local area....mom's tend to sense things...where is your brothers wife from? you have one brother who had the arranged and one who did not?
so apparently your family isnt that narrow minded.

how pushy is mom being? i mention to my son that i would like grandkids...i mention this a lot....
he is 28...not married and not looking like hes gonna be married any time soon

I will be 30 on sunday, and I have never been married. If anyone knows of any single rich men, just send me a PM. :lol:

You are right to engage girls on a personal level. The more you know about them and what you do/don't have in common, the better.

I was first married at 26. Three kids and 13 years later I couldn't take it any longer. I would have had a heart attack or a stroke.

Remarried at 41. Another kid and 15 years later I can't not take it any longer. :D
Life is now as it should be.

i would love to see my son happily married.....that is the key...happily married dont do it if you arent gonna be happy

My daughter will be getting engaged soon, like within days. I'm happy and so is her dad. On the other hand my middle son, ack! My son is a pussy and the girl is way over the top, and he's gaga with that. Marriage? As my youngest says, "I see 3 kids and a divorce."

then dont marry her.....dont be conflicted about it....both muslim men i know...had arranged marriages...they were happy...but they never questioned that it was the way for them.

the ones who rejected you ...are off mom's list i would hope...

and you might be surprised she might go out of the local area....mom's tend to sense things...where is your brothers wife from? you have one brother who had the arranged and one who did not?
so apparently your family isnt that narrow minded.

My mother was always the authority for Religion in the family.
She takes religion very serious, but does not cover her head.
My father had nothing to do with religion and concept of a functioning family.
My family is not the type of family which plays dictatorship with me, but still my mother pushes me to marry.

You said it yourself, that you know 2 Muslim men. In Muslim culture things work a little bit different. There are 3 types of girls/woman:
1. those women you can freely contact as a single
2. those women you can only contact after serious commitment of proposed marriage under guidance of woman's parents
3. those women pretending to be of 2nd group, but practically are 1st group

I engaged mostly with group 1 so far.
As you see, there are women you can categorically not approach if you will not marry them. If you approach a woman of group 2, it is not easy to return from that way. Archaic concepts like honor will come into play with family then really insisting on marriage.

You asked, how the arranged marriage was with my bigger brother. My biggest brother lives in Germany, as I did in younger ages. In Germany, they arranged a marriage with an university degree German-Turkish girl from Cologne. My biggest brother currently makes Doctor (?Ph.D ?) thesis in University of Karlsruhe, Germany.

My other brother moved back to Turkey, just like me. He met his wife during beach holidays on the Southern coast of Turkey. He has normal Diploma in Electro-Technology from Higher Education School of Pforzheim, Germany.

Forum List

Back