AT&T Sucks ...

Good luck with that, Gunny.

I'm switching my cell service here soon cuz Sprint has NOT been my friend at all. My internet guy rocks though. :D

I bet he does. Luck.

Well, the long red ponytail (longer than mine) and the missing front teeth are pretty attractive but I actually appreciate him for the fact that he got me hooked up quickly, efficiently and my service is great.

It helps to have a brother who knows everybody in the area to hook you up. ;)

as well as any other cable/internet provider.

They talk in circles, lie their asses off, and drag out your anytime minutes trying to win by beating your patience down.

And I'm SO f-ing sick of talking to machines. It takes 20 of those anytime minutes just to get to your favorite hadji phone answerer in India who can't make any real decisions. Then, after listening to his cow-worshipping ass for 20 minutes, you end up being transferred to a Carl, some yuppie in where-the-f-ever USA.

Why does it take an act of Congress (which is sad since they can't agree on what color the sky is) to solve a simple problem?

When your sales rep promises me a deal that's what I want. Not some conciliatory deal, nor an excuse. I want what I signed for.

You have my sympathy. I hate them too!

I love the names, mike, tulip, Karen, irving who read off the script!

Shut the fuck up and transfer me to someone who is in America and speaks English!

I am sorry of your service you are not pleased sir, help may I be to you? I be needing you account number sir.

"your response"

I be not understand sir that not be account number I be needing account you number for you sir?

"more response from you"

Sir, I be needing your account number sir. What be your account number sir

"more response from you"

Sir, there be no needing for to get loud me at sir. I just be needing your account number....

Sir, you there? I be needing your account number. Hello, you listening not are you there not? Your account number please....

Yeah, AT&T sucks. Hope you can get a better service elsewhere. I have had Verizon for years and have always been very pleased and so far have had no problems with the customer service.

Yeah, AT&T sucks. Hope you can get a better service elsewhere. I have had Verizon for years and have always been very pleased and so far have had no problems with the customer service.

it all depends on where your at i guess.....i have had AT&T for years now.....no problems.....a friend at work has Verizon....and he says they suck....he is now trying Sprint.....

it all depends on where your at i guess.....i have had AT&T for years now.....no problems.....a friend at work has Verizon....and he says they suck....he is now trying Sprint.....

Tell him to watch a few things with Sprint.

One issue I had was not having my phone set to ONLY use Sprint towers. Verizon towers can grab your call and then it gets counted as anytime minutes. Found that out the hard way, over $150 later - and they actually absorbed half of the overages. There is a setting in the phone for that, btw. He can fix it himself.

Another issue is that even though I have unlimited cellular-to-cellular calls, it doesn't appear to work with some phones that one would think qualify as a cellular phone. I think the one that got me is "Cricket" but have to investigate that further to be absolutely sure.

Out where I live (podunk) I don't always have signal and when I go visit my brother, I have nothing from about 7 miles from his place on. So if I'm at his house for the weekend, I'm completely unreachable. Which is not really a good thing.

So, to make a short story long - I'm fixin' to switch to US Cellular very soon. :lol:

Last edited:
I had Sprint for years without any issues then I discovered Virgin Mobile which runs on the Sprint network. You have to buy your phone, my 1st one was $50, and pick your plan - no contract. I recently bought an Android phone for $130, should have waited a few more months for them to work the kinks out, but it's working fine now. I pay $25 per month for 300 minutes talk time, unlimited texting, e-mail, data and unlimited internet, $40 per month will get you all the above but with 1200 minutes talk time and $60 per month gets you unlimited everything. I use it everywhere and have never had a problem with reception.

I had Sprint for years without any issues then I discovered Virgin Mobile which runs on the Sprint network. You have to buy your phone, my 1st one was $50, and pick your plan - no contract. I recently bought an Android phone for $130, should have waited a few more months for them to work the kinks out, but it's working fine now. I pay $25 per month for 300 minutes talk time, unlimited texting, e-mail, data and unlimited internet, $40 per month will get you all the above but with 1200 minutes talk time and $60 per month gets you unlimited everything. I use it everywhere and have never had a problem with reception.

That's a good thing but if it runs on the Sprint network, I still wouldn't have any reception out in my brother's neck of the woods.

Over the past year and a half, I've gotten bitched at plenty for my phone cutting out during a conversation. So, I'm remedying that.

Me too, I'm not sure what he means by anytime minutes. Rollover minutes? My bill is almost exactly the same every month.

Me too, I'm not sure what he means by anytime minutes. Rollover minutes? My bill is almost exactly the same every month.

Anytime minutes = any phone, any time.

For instance, with my plan I can (theoretically) call any cell phone, have free nights after 7 pm to 7 am, free weekends and then 450 anytime minutes. Those minutes include landlines, etc. Apparently, they include SOME types of cell phones too - learned that the hard way. :doubt:

Anytime minutes = any phone, any time.

For instance, with my plan I can (theoretically) call any cell phone, have free nights after 7 pm to 7 am, free weekends and then 450 anytime minutes. Those minutes include landlines, etc. Apparently, they include SOME types of cell phones too - learned that the hard way. :doubt:

Do you talk on your phone a lot or mainly text and internet? I really don't talk that much anymore on my cell.

Do you talk on your phone a lot or mainly text and internet? I really don't talk that much anymore on my cell.

I talk a lot on my phone - I don't have a landline in my home, just the cell. Use it during work too. Text quite a bit and do a little bit of internet, pic messages.

I talk a lot on my phone - I don't have a landline in my home, just the cell. Use it during work too. Text quite a bit and do a little bit of internet, pic messages.

I talk on my work phone a lot but I have my cell near me all the time and usually texting.

I talk on my work phone a lot but I have my cell near me all the time and usually texting.

I'm self-employed, so I can talk on the phone during many of my working hours but most of the work I do is not conducive to texting simultaniously. The bluetooth was the best $75 I've spent in a while. Unfortunately, I think I wore it out last year. :doubt:

I'm self-employed, so I can talk on the phone during many of my working hours but most of the work I do is not conducive to texting simultaniously. The bluetooth was the best $75 I've spent in a while. Unfortunately, I think I wore it out last year. :doubt:

If I'm on a conference call at work, someone will text me and say they just got on the call. I then text people who have to know.

It's so funny and different how people interact with cell phones these days. Whoda thunk?

Forum List

Back