ASTROS Win !!!!!!

Those guys had to work so hard.

Astros' Carlos Beltran raises $1.3M for Puerto Rico relief

And right before the playoffs and highest pressure on the team,
after Harvey then Maria hit Puerto Rico and devastated the
families who had no way to communicate for days.

I don't see how those young men could function,
yet they had to play their best and win under tremendous strain and pressure,
That is pure professionalism, love of the sport, and faith in God to give them strength.

Simply Amazing!

I made a bet with God that if they really won,
I'd go volunteer in Puerto Rico to give some families, workers or teachers a break.
I guess I'll contact the Office Depot Foundation, ask about how to
help withfundraising through the MLB, and see how I can help.
Even in an orphanage or something where I won't impose
more on the strained resources, long lines for food, and lack of power.
Somewhere I can help, I gotta stick to my promise.

I honestly wasn't confident they could win in LA.
Tough team playing with a home field advantage.

They just lucked out that the star pitcher didn't start
and by then they already scored their 5 winning runs.

I thought it was going to be a lot closer.
They make it look easy, but it isn't.
Altuve, Springer, they act so level headed and happy and controlled.
But I can't imagine the pressure and what it takes to
stay so focused. They make it look fun and easy,
just amazing young men who deserved the win.

Whoever strategized when to place and rotate the players,
and scouted and developed these talents men all the way to the top,
that's amazing as well. Go Astros!

And now it's back to work on recovery
for so many people affected by storms
that they committed to win this Series for.

What a gift to uplift communities who really needed this.
Thank you to all the team members, fans and
management who put this historic win together. Amazing!

It's been wonderful to watch. These guys sure can play the game! I am a Detroit fan married to a Texan. Best of both worlds, Justin Verlander helped the Astros make it all the way.

Holy Shit They've Finally Won The World Series!!!!!!!
What a season! I've been waiting for this since I was in my teens in the mid eighties!!!
WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!

When the Cubs won last year I said I wanted the 'Stros to win it this year but I wanted them to win it against the Cubs because of the old Houston and Chicago games that were fun to watch!

Congrats to the Astros and hope their fans enjoy the Championship because your team and the fans deserve it...

It was as close as a series can get.

But there were hints that Houston was stronger.

The explosion of home runs in the 5th game was the biggest clue.

dissapointing for me obviously but congrats to the Astros.oh well,the boys in blue gave them a ride,they'll be back.where you just never know when the astros will again.it took my royals 29 years to make it back and same with the dodgers. I sure miss the good old days when they wore those awesome orange uni's at home.:( that what always caught my attention back then growing up and why i always liked them. teams should be barred from changing uniform colors.:mad:

I saw some people in the stands wearing those throwbacks.:thup: they really stood out back then as evidenced last night from those astro fans,that change rivals the moronic change of the denver donkeys getting rid of their classic orange crush jerseys for those ugly softball blue uniforms.barf city.ugh.

dissapointing for me obviously but congrats to the Astros.oh well,the boys in blue gave them a ride,they'll be back.where you just never know when the astros will again.it took my royals 29 years to make it back and same with the dodgers. I sure miss the good old days when they wore those awesome orange uni's at home.:( that what always caught my attention back then growing up and why i always liked them. teams should be barred from changing uniform colors.:mad:

I saw some people in the stands wearing those throwbacks.:thup: they really stood out back then as evidenced last night from those astro fans,that change rivals the moronic change of the denver donkeys getting rid of their classic orange crush jerseys for those ugly softball blue uniforms.barf city.ugh.

I wouldnt be surprised to see the Stros in it again next year.

Okay I seriously believe the manager of the dodgers was paid off to throw this game.think about it for a second.Kershaw WAS available.Starting him on 3 days rest would have been nothing to him.He has done that MANY times and he is not going to start him when the world series is at stake? give me a fucking break.:rolleyes:

As you know i said that the series was won by the dodgers before game 7 started. I WOULD have been correct had he started Kershaw as I thought for sure he was going to. He came in the game and threw 4 shutout innings but by that time it was way too late,the damage had already been done with them getting a huge lead.It was pointless to bring him in at that point.:cuckoo::rolleyes:

It is the ONLY thing that makes sense why he did not start him.

Had Kershaw started this game and he got taken out late in the game and they lost,i would not being saying any of this just so you know.I would do the mature thing and give credit to the Astros for beating their bullpen since it is lights out. But man,he is your horse,there is NOTHING wrong with him,he has done it many times and yet with the world series at stake,he doesnt start him? give a me a fucking break.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back