Asia Reacting To New China Law Regarding Force In Taiwan

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Annie, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    More evidence of China's not being 'subtle':

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-4863471,00.html

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050314/ap_on_re_as/china_legislature

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Asia before the tsunami, Iraq/Palestinian elections, Lebanon's freedom uprising,China's "authorization" to invade Taiwan....
    "ooo the horrible Americans, the imperialists...."

Asia after:
    "uh, America, you're staying here right?"

You have to wonder who is running the show in China this year.... after several years of careful smoke and mirrors, trying to fool the world into thinking they were a peaceful nation... China just drops the mask, says "screw this deception shit" and shows Asia what they are... a communist version of 1930's Japan, eager for conquest, riches and domination of Asia.

Every nation from India to Japan to Indonesia to Singapore just boosted their relations with the US in the last month or so... perhaps for reasons related to the tsunami effort (indonesia), economic enterprise (India), technology (Singapore) or foreboding about war in Taiwan (Japan).... but mainly because they are all beginning to realize the threat China is to peace, prosperity and stability in the region.

4. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I think the Asian nations knew what China was all about a long time ago, but have been relying on the rest of the world to hold it in check. With the US occupied with the war on terror, China has a bit more of a free hand in the Far East, especially if they think the US is too over-extended to interfere. The hesitancy of the US to deal with Korea may bolster tht impression.

By the way, welcome back to the board. Is your cruise over?

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    We're in Pusan, South Korea for a multi-day port visit before we have FOAL EAGLE exercises with the Koreans and the Japanese. I'm on duty yesterday/this morning, on duty admin watch playing blackjack with an ROK sailor who is my "guest" for the several days we are here. Its kind of cool, we've got him cussing in English and gambling already :)

but seriously, he's quite bright and I'm showing him how the aircraft carrier business works.

couple of more weeks before I get to be on here everyday, just on here for a few minutes while I've got officer's internet access :)

6. j07950

j07950 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    China attacking Taiwan would be horrible. I think it could turn ugly...because if we let China do this than it would give them the idea that they could get away with anything, especially with them becoming a major economical power... I'd fully support an intervention from North America, Europe, Japan and Australia to protect Taiwan. Having the major world powers opposing China, may it be militarily or economically would make the Chinese government think twice...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

Wow, we agree again.

8. j07950

j07950 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    LOL...Rare isn't it!!!

9. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

Less rare than when I agree with Bullypulpit or Padisha Emperor. It happens in all accounts though.