As American as Apple Pie

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
(Cyprus, May 30, 2010) The Free Gaza Movement now has two boats included in the Freedom Flotilla that is on its way to deliver 10,000 tons of supplies to the imprisoned people of Gaza. The third boat is being repaired.

Our two passengers boats, Challenger 1 and Challenger 1I, had mechanical problems on Friday, May 28, and were pulled into ports in Cyprus. After Cypriot port authoriies on the Greek side denied our request to pull in for repairs, our boat, Challenger 1 limped into the port of Famagusta, on the Turkish side of Cyprus.

Both boats are flagged and registered in the United States, which means they are U.S. territory.

Therefore we expect the U.S. government to intervene if U.S. property is wrongly confiscated by Israeli authorities as they have threatened. Israel has yet to return the Spriit of Humanity, registered under a Greek flag.

Please contact the American State Department and ask them what their plans are in case this happens. They can be contacted at Telephone No. (202) 647-4000 (24-hour number) or [email protected] This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Freegaza - News section

You apparently don't remember the Liberty. USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'd have stopped all aid to Israel after that incident.

You mean the one that four separate inquiries cleared the Israelis of all wrong doing?

Gaza is under a blockade because of numerous violations of their agreements. These ships are running the blockade, which is an act of war. Blow them out of the water.

You apparently don't remember the Liberty. USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You mean the one that four separate inquiries cleared the Israelis of all wrong doing?

Gaza is under a blockade because of numerous violations of their agreements. These ships are running the blockade, which is an act of war. Blow them out of the water.

"....U.S. diplomats, veterans and intelligence officials involved in the incident continue to dispute these official findings, saying the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty was not a mistake, and it remains the only major maritime incident in U.S. history not investigated by the U.S. Congress."

I remember the incident. It was an outrage.

"....U.S. diplomats, veterans and intelligence officials involved in the incident continue to dispute these official findings, saying the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty was not a mistake, and it remains the only major maritime incident in U.S. history not investigated by the U.S. Congress."

I remember the incident. It was an outrage.

Well, the official findings were all conclusive--Israel was not at fault. I am sorry some people have an agenda. But it isn't my problem.

(Cyprus, May 30, 2010) The Free Gaza Movement now has two boats included in the Freedom Flotilla that is on its way to deliver 10,000 tons of supplies to the imprisoned people of Gaza. The third boat is being repaired.

Our two passengers boats, Challenger 1 and Challenger 1I, had mechanical problems on Friday, May 28, and were pulled into ports in Cyprus. After Cypriot port authoriies on the Greek side denied our request to pull in for repairs, our boat, Challenger 1 limped into the port of Famagusta, on the Turkish side of Cyprus.

Both boats are flagged and registered in the United States, which means they are U.S. territory.

Therefore we expect the U.S. government to intervene if U.S. property is wrongly confiscated by Israeli authorities as they have threatened. Israel has yet to return the Spriit of Humanity, registered under a Greek flag.

Please contact the American State Department and ask them what their plans are in case this happens. They can be contacted at Telephone No. (202) 647-4000 (24-hour number) or [email protected] This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

Freegaza - News section

Are you trying to claim that another country does not have the right to board and inspect a ship simply because it is flying a US flag? Doesn't that run counter to international maritime law?

And all of them a whitewash.

And all of them a whitewash.

Thats what the crazies always say. It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.

Forum List

Back