Arizona to allow concealed weapons without permit

I dont live in Arizona and will likely never go there as long as this is in place.

I will never fear you people BTW.

Actually truth, we are pretty nice people here in AZ. You don't have to fear us unless you are planning on coming here to be a violent criminal.

The fact is, the requirement to get a concealed carry permit in Az is not that old. before the federal gov passed a law (brady bill I think) about it, there was no requirement in AZ .

The battle to overturn that federal law an return to the laws laid out in our state constitution has been going on for awhile. As with all things poltitical, it looks as if the state assembly simply took advantage of the current poltitical situation to push it through now.

I dont live in Arizona and will likely never go there as long as this is in place.

I will never fear you people BTW.

fear them? :lol:

so you think everyone who carrys wants to shoot at you or sometihng? people with guns are safer, communities with guns are safer

Actually, that's your question, not mine.

I think permits should be needed for all handguns, one type for having a handgun in one's home / car, and and extension for those who wish to carry one in public, whether concealed or open.

That seems a bit over the top IMHO...however I certainly do NOT object to background investigations...and as a matter of fact they are conducted in Arizona when the weapon is purchased...another check for a CCW is redundant. The simple fact is this. Crime rates are lowered when criminals fear their victims.

That may well be so, and I guess to a large extent my views are colored by the fact that I come from a country where all firearms are very strictly controlled. As such, I find the sight of people wandering around in public with guns very disquieting.

I've never really understood why the 2nd amendment is such a sacred cow. In a 21st century democracy, do people really need to have a small arsenal available to them in case the government suddenly decides it's going to turn on them?

I doubt it, and I think the constitution is used by many as a means of ducking the question, but I'm clearly in a minority and I accept that.

However, if you need a permit to operate something designed for something other than killing (like a car), I can't see what the problem is in asking people to get a permit for something like a gun.

My views are probably considered hopelessly naive by people familiar with this discussion, but that's OK. I have no problem with gun ownership (I owned a shotgun myself in Britain years ago - I won't bother telling you what the application process was like), but if people are going to carry them around in public I want to be certain that these people are (a) aware of their responsibility, (b) fully aware of how to use them properly, (c) mentally capable of bearing that responsibility and (d), not people who have already abused their right to own a firearm.

I can see your points Tiger Bob...as quite a large portion of my family still resides in Britain we discuss things like this when we visit together. The gun laws are extremely strict in Britain even going as far as to not allow firearms owners to have their weapons in their homes...they must be kept at "clubs" right? But I constantly hear of more nad more handgun violence in Britain perpetrated against the puiblic there...and they have no means to defend themselves other than waiting for the police.

Actually, that's your question, not mine.

I think permits should be needed for all handguns, one type for having a handgun in one's home / car, and and extension for those who wish to carry one in public, whether concealed or open.

That seems a bit over the top IMHO...however I certainly do NOT object to background investigations...and as a matter of fact they are conducted in Arizona when the weapon is purchased...another check for a CCW is redundant. The simple fact is this. Crime rates are lowered when criminals fear their victims.

That may well be so, and I guess to a large extent my views are colored by the fact that I come from a country where all firearms are very strictly controlled. As such, I find the sight of people wandering around in public with guns very disquieting.

I've never really understood why the 2nd amendment is such a sacred cow. In a 21st century democracy, do people really need to have a small arsenal available to them in case the government suddenly decides it's going to turn on them?

look what happened after katrina....

also its not just the government, its against criminals

I doubt it, and I think the constitution is used by many as a means of ducking the question, but I'm clearly in a minority and I accept that.

However, if you need a permit to operate something designed for something other than killing (like a car), I can't see what the problem is in asking people to get a permit for something like a gun.

My views are probably considered hopelessly naive by people familiar with this discussion, but that's OK. I have no problem with gun ownership (I owned a shotgun myself in Britain years ago - I won't bother telling you what the application process was like), but if people are going to carry them around in public I want to be certain that these people are (a) aware of their responsibility, (b) fully aware of how to use them properly, (c) mentally capable of bearing that responsibility and (d), not people who have already abused their right to own a firearm.

I can see your points Tiger Bob...as quite a large portion of my family still resides in Britain we discuss things like this when we visit together. The gun laws are extremely strict in Britain even going as far as to not allow firearms owners to have their weapons in their homes...they must be kept at "clubs" right? But I constantly hear of more nad more handgun violence in Britain perpetrated against the puiblic there...and they have no means to defend themselves other than waiting for the police.

Correct. And of course unless the police are aware that there may be a gun involved, they will usually show up unarmed as well. It's a tricky area, and I see both sides of the argument. For me, it's a question with no entirely right or wrong answers.

look what happened after katrina....

also its not just the government, its against criminals

The against criminals thing I accept far more readily.

The wild wild west is back

Stay in your house and cower in your bathtub...better yet put a sign in front of your trailer that says "I HAVE NO GUNS"

This to whom I made the remark that I dont live in arizona and dont plan to go.

I still will never fear you no matter how much you people try to infer that anyone who doesnt carry a gun should fear you.

Stay in your house and cower in your bathtub...better yet put a sign in front of your trailer that says "I HAVE NO GUNS"

I still will never fear you no matter how much you people try to infer that anyone who doesnt carry a gun should fear you.

????????? Really truth? Do you really think anyone that carrys a gun wants to instill fear in those that don't?
'
That is really misguided. Law abiding citizens that carry guns are providing protection to those that don't in remote areas of my state.

Now if your plan is to commit violent crimes, then by all means be afraid, very afraid.

If, however you are a law abiding peace-loving citizen, which i suspect you are, be appreciative there is protection outside the cities.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

In your twisted perception...please cite the specific example where I inferred you should fear me because I carry a gun.

LIST OF CREATURES THAT SHOULD FEAR AN ARMED SLACKJAWED:
1: Mountain lions that stalk and attempt to attack me, my family and my livestock
2: Bobcats, wolves, and bears that attempt the same (see #1)
3: Rattlesnakes.
4: Deranged, violent threatening criminals including illegal aliens.
5: Violent fugitives from justice during the time I am operating as a member of the sherriff's posse

Are you on my list truth? (didn't think so)

Kudos to AZ!!! They know what is happening as they are in the eye of the storm!!! If the federal government does not give a crap, then this is what will be happening all over the USA! Get ready.

In your twisted perception...please cite the specific example where I inferred you should fear me because I carry a gun.

I never said fear me...try again.

You didn't.

Let's see how it works out, and end the stupid lies from both sides about what effect it would have, and see what the real results would be of having lesser gun control

I'm all for CCW but there should be background checks, training, and permitting.

Yikes, tread softly while in Arizona. Can one imagine everyone armed? What lunacy, and we wonder why so many die unnecessarily from handguns in America. Anyone butts in line or bumps into you make sure they're not armed if you speak up, or you could just shoot them first.

I'm all for CCW but there should be background checks, training, and permitting.

Yikes, tread softly while in Arizona. Can one imagine everyone armed? What lunacy, and we wonder why so many die unnecessarily from handguns in America. Anyone butts in line or bumps into you make sure they're not armed if you speak up, or you could just shoot them first.

but think of the money to be made from premium priced handgun sales....
I'll bet manufacturers are ramping up production on the best selling concealable models.

That's why irresponsible mental incompetents such as yourself are DENIED the right to own firearms. See? The system works.:lol:

Forum List

Back