Are we really Americans?

And yet you use a picture of Gen. Eisenhower for your avatar and his grandparents were poor immigrants from Germany. .. :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

So what ? My maternal grandparents were poor immigrants from Germany and Denmark. My mother was born in Denmark. And my paternal grandparents immigrated from Central America. So ?

As for Eisenhower, his main claim to fame regarding immigration was that he put a stop to it, much more so than any other US president, with Operation Wetback in 1954, when his immigration agents went house to house in southwestern states hunting down illegal aliens, arresting them, and deporting them. Huge numbers more of them fled back to Mexico, on their own. Laugh that off.

it was a lot easier to do back then with a few hundred thousand of them.....try that now with the millions that are here now....

We should be trying it now, and could quite well deport almost ALL of them, IF there was the political will. All that is necessary is to shut down welfare to immigrants > shut down birthright citizenship, closing up the anchor baby racket, shut down documentation fraud, stop issuing visas, male E-Verify mandatory in all 50 states, arrest sanctuary city mayors and city councilmen, enforce IRCA, and kick Mexico's ass, once and for all.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/usmb-...nvasion-of-the-united-states-1950-2012-a.html

"One day in 1954, Border Patrol agent Walt Edwards picked up a newspaper in Big Spring, Texas, and saw some startling news. The government was launching an all-out drive to oust illegal aliens from the United States.

The orders came straight from the top, where the new president, Dwight Eisenhower, had put a former West Point classmate, Gen. Joseph Swing, in charge of immigration enforcement.

General Swing's fast-moving campaign soon secured America's borders – an accomplishment no other president has since equaled. Illegal migration had dropped 95 percent by the late 1950s.

Several retired Border Patrol agents who took part in the 1950s effort, including Mr. Edwards, say much of what Swing did could be repeated today.

"Some say we cannot send 12 million illegals now in the United States back where they came from. Of course we can!" Edwards says.

Donald Coppock, who headed the Patrol from 1960 to 1973, says that if Swing and Ike were still running immigration enforcement, "they'd be on top of this in a minute."

Now that we have different groups of people rushing into our great nation and simply increasing the unemployment rate for our fellow americans, I ask you brethren... Are we truly America? Now that we have the Chinese coming and practically owning America for our immense debt, it seems that we are now Chinese America. Not to mention also the American food with an ethnic flavor, like tacos and orange chicken, we must realize that now we are not true americans. We must increase immigration regulation in order for this nation to remain American. All hail the true America!

Yes we must truly start eating the foods that true Americans made without outside influence.

Collard Greens, Hamhocks, Black Eyed peas and Cornbread.

And start getting in touch with your true American self by listening to real American Music, like Jazz, Blues and Rock and Roll.

:clap:

There are very few Americans left in America. Start asking people if they are Americans. A person might well make Kung Pow tacos for dinner, but when you ask them if they are Americans, you will get a quick answer "I'm Chinese". People do not identify as Americans. They identify with where their ethnicity hails from. Because they identify with foreign countries, that's where their loyalty lies. In the main, it doesn't matter. Only when it comes to voting does it matter. The Chinese will vote for whatever candidate will benefit China. Mexicans vote for those who would benefit Mexico.

That entire post was absolute bullshit from a fool who doesn't understand the first thing about America or Americans. All readers are advised to disregard.

and she claims to live in Cal....she knows as much about the people around her as she does about Pot.....not much....

And you don't show that YOU know very much by backing up the words of Unaware, USMB's most worthless troll. You get known by the company you keep.:trolls:

I'm talking about the culture of America. That is first off, the English language. Secondly, our Constitution and laws. Third, our history. Fourth our arts, which to most Americans depends on your age group. For older people, they remember lots of entertainers who are now long gone >> Bob Hope, Lucille Ball, Jackie Gleason, etc.
They also recall singers like Bing Crosby and Rudy Vallee. For me, it's a mixture of American and British music > the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Jimi Hendrix, Grateful Dead, etc and TV shows like Kojak, Hawaii 5-0, the Honeymooners, All In the Family, Married without Children, Saturday Night Live, and newer shows like Pawn Stars, Caught on Camera, and the cable news shows like Fox, CNN, HLN, and MSNBC. And 5th, our sports > Baseball, football, basketball, etc, and the history of these.

When I talk to immigrants (in Spanish), they are oblivious to all this. They watch Spanish TV, read Spanish newspapers (which report about Mexico, Cuba, etc), watch soccer (instead of baseball & American football), and never heard of the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Bob Hope, Pawn Stars, George Washington, Eisenhower, Babe Ruth, or the word "Quarterback"
and never heard of the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan

the Stones are British.....and i just seen a documentary of the World tour Iron Maiden was on...S.America is one of their most popular spots.....so yea the Stones?.....try Iron Maiden and Judas Priest and other more modern hard rock bands.....the Stones died in 1975....

Bob Hope?.....lots of kids today dont know who he is.....

Pawn Stars?......seriously?.....

Babe Ruth....try a more modern player.....lots of little kids today dont know who he is.....

George Washington, Eisenhower.
.....some American high school kids dont even know who those guys are.....

Projectionist takes his fear and ignorance, mixes them well, and makes a batch of bullshit. He then tries to insist that his asinine nonsense and obvious lies somehow represent reality. He's not all there.

Nothing is a higher compliment than to be attacked by the lowest form of life in the forum. Thanks, pond scum.

So what ? My maternal grandparents were poor immigrants from Germany and Denmark. My mother was born in Denmark. And my paternal grandparents immigrated from Central America. So ?

As for Eisenhower, his main claim to fame regarding immigration was that he put a stop to it, much more so than any other US president, with Operation Wetback in 1954, when his immigration agents went house to house in southwestern states hunting down illegal aliens, arresting them, and deporting them. Huge numbers more of them fled back to Mexico, on their own. Laugh that off.

it was a lot easier to do back then with a few hundred thousand of them.....try that now with the millions that are here now....

And don't forget that 'operation' ended up illegally deporting a significant number of US citizens. Unacceptable.

If ILLEGAL aliens were to get deported illegally, somehow that would have a nice ring to it. :badgrin:

Now that we have different groups of people rushing into our great nation and simply increasing the unemployment rate for our fellow americans, I ask you brethren... Are we truly America? Now that we have the Chinese coming and practically owning America for our immense debt, it seems that we are now Chinese America. Not to mention also the American food with an ethnic flavor, like tacos and orange chicken, we must realize that now we are not true americans. We must increase immigration regulation in order for this nation to remain American. All hail the true America!

Yes we must truly start eating the foods that true Americans made without outside influence.

Collard Greens, Hamhocks, Black Eyed peas and Cornbread.

And start getting in touch with your true American self by listening to real American Music, like Jazz, Blues and Rock and Roll.

:clap:

And Bluegrass. And I accept many of the foods that came from abroad too, by this time, be fully American (as well as where they originated from> just like we accept the English language as American (even though it came from Europe). I don't think there's any food more American right now than pizza.

And don't forget that 'operation' ended up illegally deporting a significant number of US citizens. Unacceptable.

If ILLEGAL aliens were to get deported illegally, somehow that would have a nice ring to it. :badgrin:

It would not be illegal to deport ILLEGAL aliens, you moron.

If the government thinks you're supposed to pay them taxes, and if you don't men with guns come a calling, yous an American. :)

who or what exactly is a true American, America is a mix of many different cultures always has been. the only people you can call true American is the American Indians.
tacos are Spanish in origin and orange chicken is French two of the founding nations so I'm guessing you think only people of English origin are true Americans, well, no they would be English Americans. unbelievable douche

America is a mix of many different cultures always has been.

Every single culture on the planet is a mix of many different cultures.

the only people you can call true American is the American Indians.

What an incredibly stupid thing to say. Of course, you do know that they are actually Asian decent, right?

tacos are Spanish in origin

:lol:

You moron, tacos are a Mexican food. Not Spanish.

and orange chicken is French

*facepalm*

Orange chicken is an American dish, being an American born variation on a traditional Chinese dish.

two of the founding nations

:cuckoo:

so I'm guessing you think only people of English origin are true Americans, well, no they would be English Americans. unbelievable douche

You seem to think that ethnicity, culture, and nationality are necessarily equal. There's no question that the United States is a multi ethnic country. But to abandon the preservation of our American culture and nationality simply because we are multi ethnic is idiocy.

America is a mix of many different cultures always has been.

Every single culture on the planet is a mix of many different cultures.

the only people you can call true American is the American Indians.

What an incredibly stupid thing to say. Of course, you do know that they are actually Asian decent, right?

:lol:

You moron, tacos are a Mexican food. Not Spanish.

*facepalm*

Orange chicken is an American dish, being an American born variation on a traditional Chinese dish.

two of the founding nations

:cuckoo:

so I'm guessing you think only people of English origin are true Americans, well, no they would be English Americans. unbelievable douche

You seem to think that ethnicity, culture, and nationality are necessarily equal. There's no question that the United States is a multi ethnic country. But to abandon the preservation of our American culture and nationality simply because we are multi ethnic is idiocy.

yes the American Indians came form Asia DURRING THE LAST ICEAGE (hello) America is only a few hundred years old. how far do you wana go with this.
there not from Asia no their from AFRICA. as were all from Africa.
honestly you cant go all prehistoric when your talkin about a three hundred year country.
I'm no expert is gastronomy but the point still stands.
the preservation of something that is forever changing by its very nature is idiotic, you have no intelectuall argument you may as well just say. 'IMMIGRANTS GO AWAY OR ILL SHOOT YOU IN THE FACE'.

It would not be illegal to deport ILLEGAL aliens, you moron.

ANYTHING can be illegal, if it is not done in a legally prescribed way, YOU MORON.

Do you think it would be legal to grab a bunch of illegal aliens, slap them around and push them into a van, lock it up, drive them into Mexico, and dump them ? God, you're stupid.

Forum List

Back