Are we ever going to see a return to high playing plant jobs with pension plans, $35 an hour, and double time overtime pay.?

It ain't the president who gives you the job it's you, try being a self employed tradesman and you will earn more than thirty five dollars an hour.
I’m hanging in there. I’m concerned about fellow Americans. Are you concerned for fellow Americans.?

Good leadership in this country paves the way for a better life for Americans. We had great leadership and I will say that from Democrats in the early 20th century along with Republicans like Dwight Eisenhower, who helped to build the American Thruway system.

Maybe it’s a good job and some areas of the country. But numbers wise it doesn’t compare to what we used to have from the steel industry for example.

Looks like bricklayers make average money. Not as much as a steel worker, or Auto worker used to make.

Anyway, how many bricklayers are there in the USA. Is there a factory that employees 200,000 bricklayers like we had at the river rogue plant once in Detroit?

Under Joe Biden things have gotten worse for the middle class. You can see it here.

The reason those jobs were stable, well paid and had pensions was because of the unions.
In part one can make that argument. Unions were stronger and more pro American in the middle of 20th century. But I submit that today some of the unions are anti-American they support left-wing extremism.

But it wasn’t just the unions. We had great CEOs in the 20th century. And better political leadership. Many building projects. Seem like there was a skyscraper being built all over the place in America in the 1950s.

Luckily the production facility where I work c mechanics get 31 dollars, b mechanics make 36 and a mechanics get like 39. Not sure what line people start at but I think it's 28.

Sadly the pension was lost when the European side bought out facility right before I started.

We get 1 1/2 over time up to 48 hours. After 48 hours it's double time.

But I know when I grew up with my grandma and grandpa they worked not fancy jobs but they could afford to take a trip every year and took turns getting a new car every 5 years, had plenty to eat and she died at 95 with a good chunk of change in the bank.

We need a return of the American way of life where if you lived a decent life you always had what you needed and also had some things you wanted. Just working,taking care of your family and being responsible meant you could live a comfortable life.

There is 12 million new workers willing to work for pennies on the dollar.... and you all thought our government is here to protect us... LMAO
At one of the Walmarts by where I’m from in the USA in Buffalo it’s literally almost all employees from Bangladesh. I don’t see them protesting for better pay. It seems like Walmart is happy to hire those types of people and that right there is a problem for the country. Now that that’s not the Bangladesh’s fault that’s the fault of the government and the corporations.

It’s the Bangladeshi Walmart. Some of them don’t speak English. What an interesting site that is and you gotta ask yourself what’s going on here. These folks probably have no idea what a union is or a strike. They’re easier to control.

Is Joe Biden going to give us a better middle class. That’s an honest and open question to Biden and Trump supporters. What do you think?
It's not up to the President to "give us" anything, much less handing out special favors to certain demographics. This kind of meddling is why I could never support a Democrat. To them, it's the very purpose of government. If you're suggesting Trump will play the same game, and "give us" a better middle class, I'll oppose him for the same reason.
Do we need Donald Trump back?
Like a hole in the head.

I can't believe people give this crap their stamp of approval, every four years, by voting for the same shit over and over again.
Or is there going to be some kind of a great CEO like another Henry Ford or Rockefeller that leads the way.??
I hope not. Running the government isn't the same as running a business. They are radically different and require different skill sets.

We need a leader who understands that, and understands that a 51% victory doesn't mean one side gets to shit all over the other. Someone who will bring us together over what matters, rather than divide us over what doesn't.

The truth and nothing but the truth. Otherwise it's "hey you can make $20 per hour. " pathetic.
There are some Americans across the country, not making much money who believe in this type of stuff that middle-class workers shouldn’t be making a lot of money. But I don’t think it’s anything to do with Trump supporters.

A lot of the youth in America is zonked out on drugs. So they’re happy to work at McDonald’s and play video games all the time that’s happiness for them. That’s a problem we did not have in the middle 20th century. You saw young men and women getting married and starting families early in their 20s. And they did incredible. These were our ancestors.

American corporations want a cheap labor force. The stamp their feet and whine about labor costs so workers will have to take stands against their employers I guess.
To your point the cost of a new home in America is higher than it’s ever been…. the cost of a home loan is triple today what it wasn’t under Trump. So it seems like an order to make the middle class folks need to make substantial money. The question is how are they going to get that kind of money? Where are the jobs going to come from?

There were CEOs in the middle 20th century that wanted to contribute to the American population. They provided jobs that paid very well and also made themselves very rich Individual CEOs.

It's not up to the President to "give us" anything, much less handing out special favors to certain demographics. This kind of meddling is why I could never support a Democrat. To them, it's the very purpose of government. If you're suggesting Trump will play the same game, and "give us" a better middle class, I'll oppose him for the same reason.

Like a hole in the head.

I can't believe people give this crap their stamp of approval, every four years, by voting for the same shit over and over again.

I hope not. Running the government isn't the same as running a business. They are radically different and require different skill sets.

We need a leader who understands that, and understands that a 51% victory doesn't mean one side gets to shit all over the other. Someone who will bring us together over what matters, rather than divide us over what doesn't.
Wait a moment you don’t support Trump. What if it comes down to Biden versus Trump in the election. Are you saying you’re going to vote for Biden. Or maybe you’re going to vote for RFK Junior?

Leaders play a role in the economy. Just look at Dwight Eisenhower he paved the way for the American Thruway system which helped to provide well paying jobs to the American people

At one of the Walmarts by where I’m from in the USA in Buffalo it’s literally almost all employees from Bangladesh. I don’t see them protesting for better pay. It seems like Walmart is happy to hire those types of people and that right there is a problem for the country. Now that that’s not the Bangladesh’s fault that’s the fault of the government and the corporations.

It’s the Bangladeshi Walmart. Some of them don’t speak English. What an interesting site that is and you gotta ask yourself what’s going on here. These folks probably have no idea what a union is or a strike. They’re easier to control.
Its funny to watch democrats promise a min wage while keeping the border open for cheap labor for big business....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back