Are we about to have another 2008?

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
The stock market is bleeding
I day trade Google and Apple. 2 stocks that are 5 star S&P stocks that are bleeding like stuck hogs and are trading 22% below were they were 12 weeks ago
the job market is bleeding, 800 billion dollars of stimulus and tarp gone

Are we about to have another 2008 event?

If so where is our GWB leader at?
with out tarp, (his 1/2 of tarp), we do not survive 2008

ARE WE ABOUT TO HAVE ANOTHER 2008?
ARE WE IN THE GREAT DEPRESSION ALL READY?

I day trade Google and Apple. 2 stocks that are 5 star S&P stocks that are bleeding like stuck hogs and are trading 22% below were they were 12 weeks ago

So, Corporate welfare is a GOOD thing?

Corporate welfare?
what are you talking about?
The monies GWB "loaned out" except AIG all came back

I am asking a serious question
are we about to face another financial meltdown?
the stock market is starting to go south
the job market is dead

Corporate welfare?

the job market is dead

So, Bush's loans to AIG=good? Obama's lonas to GM, Chrysler=bad?

And if we are, so be it. Let the financial industry bathe in their capitalism this time.

Corporate welfare?

the job market is dead

And if we are, so be it. Let the financial industry bathe in their capitalism this time.

GWB had no choice with AIG
Obama had no business as well as GWB with Chrylser
It was GWB intent for GM and Chrysler to go 7, not 11
but he still went over the line, Obama bought the line

Corporate welfare?

the job market is dead

Sure he did. They should have been allowed to fail and the idiots that placed them in such exposed positions should have been prosecuted for fraud and incompetence. If a company screws up that completely they need to be shutdown so a better one will take their place. In the long run it is better for the economy. Rewarding failure only begets more failure.

Sure he did. They should have been allowed to fail and the idiots that placed them in such exposed positions should have been prosecuted for fraud and incompetence. If a company screws up that completely they need to be shutdown so a better one will take their place. In the long run it is better for the economy. Rewarding failure only begets more failure.

AIG went
the US economy went
he had no choice
The amount of pain main street felt when AIG failed would never have been un done. This country would not have survived it
we may not yet if we do not get Obama out of there, or he gets a grasp on reality very soon
My friend this is what scares me the most. People have no idea in how close we came to a total collapse
total
and Obama uses the event to create 2 slush funds
one is called a stimulus
the other is the 1/2 of tarp we did not need

Corporate welfare?

the job market is dead

It is still 2008.

Corporate welfare?

the job market is dead

It is still 2008.

Not really
what many do not realize is the trillions of dollars lost to main street in 401Ks and so on wit the stock market
These cause the monies we have to use in creating wealth more limited
For example if I can borrow against my 401K twice as much as i could in 2009 to build a new widget, thats what this free market economy is all about
in 2009 the DJIA was about 6500
today its 12000

I do agree we are still in trouble
but thanks to tarp it has got allot better

Exactly. They should have failed on their own.

As much as I hate all of it, especially the way GM got theres
with AIG and the banks WE HAD NO CHOICE
if AIG went, you would not be on your computer right now righting this thread
everyone agrees this country would not have survived an AIG collapse

The beelding is good, the best thing they could do right now is nothing. The correction will take place no matter what Obama, Bush or Mitt do.

Perhaps. We'll never know how close we could have possibly been to ridding all of that corruption. In essence, now, our leaders have given the green light that's it's alright to fleece the public even though they, financials, are the ones at fault. I see absolutely nothing right with that.

if GM had failed, economist predicted over 1 million jobs would have been lost alone. yup, let em fail and watch unemployment go to 15%, then you can blame Obama for higher unemployment again.

AIG went
the US economy went
he had no choice
The amount of pain main street felt when AIG failed would never have been un done. This country would not have survived it
we may not yet if we do not get Obama out of there, or he gets a grasp on reality very soon
My friend this is what scares me the most. People have no idea in how close we came to a total collapse
total
and Obama uses the event to create 2 slush funds
one is called a stimulus
the other is the 1/2 of tarp we did not need

Completely untrue. Yes the economy would have taken a hit. But, it would have rebounded by now. Instead we are left with this slow decline till we have a real collapse.
The country has been headed for a depression for a long time. The AIG BS though, has sown the seeds for a possible hyper inflationary spiral. That would be catastrophic.

Corporate welfare?

the job market is dead

It is still 2008.

Not really
what many do not realize is the trillions of dollars lost to main street in 401Ks and so on wit the stock market
These cause the monies we have to use in creating wealth more limited
For example if I can borrow against my 401K twice as much as i could in 2009 to build a new widget, thats what this free market economy is all about
in 2009 the DJIA was about 6500
today its 12000

I do agree we are still in trouble
but thanks to tarp it has got allot better

Pheh...your joking right?
If TARP did anything it merely through a blanket over the problem without EVER addressing the cause of it - therefore - [duh] the problem will come back as soon as the blanket comes off.

Well friend...the blanket came off. The government's great tax giveaway didn't even scratch the surface to solve anything other than maybe - maybe delayed the abyss from consuming our way of life.

If you are young, I am truly sorry for you as I am sorry for my children. It is highly - highly unlikely you or anyone will enjoy the standard of living we have had for nearly 50 years.

it is over.

No, they don't. The politicians who stood to lose millions of their money were making those comments. AIG had a 200 billion dollar exposure. If they failed the economy would have taken a hit but you know what the country would have continued on just fine. Claiming that the internet would be down is just dumb. Y2K didn't happen either.

if GM had failed, economist predicted over 1 million jobs would have been lost alone. yup, let em fail and watch unemployment go to 15%, then you can blame Obama for higher unemployment again.

GM HAS failed. All the loans have done is push off the inevitable. The unions have GM over a barrel until the bird finally dies then they're screwed because they couldn't figure out that the golden goose can actually be killed. Morons.

GM HAS failed. All the loans have done is push off the inevitable. The unions have GM over a barrel until the bird finally dies then they're screwed because they couldn't figure out that the golden goose can actually be killed. Morons.

oh yeah GM has failed alright, they only recently posted their largest profit in 11 years. :clap2:

GM earnings: Biggest profit in eleven years - May. 5, 2011

Forum List

Back