Are the Pats really that good or is everyone else really bad?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Skull Pilot, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,103
    the N.E. patriots are 10 and 0 and have put up numbers that are beyond impressive. Despite all the whining about video taping signals and running up the score, you cannot dispute the absolute dominance of this team.

didn't you just love hearing Don Shula whining about the possibility of the Pats going undefeated? i know I did.

GO PATS

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    I'm a patriots fan since long before they got to where they are now. I think that the Pats are running up scores to prove a point....that the video taping of signals had less impact than the league wanted everyone to believe.

3. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,103
    I grew up watching the Pats. I even went to football camp with such greats as Steve Nelson, John Hannah And bill lenkaitis

i was just gloating

4. 82Marine89

82Marine89 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37

5. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,103
    Are you serious?

So they tried to swipe a few signals, big deal it's done in baseball all the time. And what they got on those tapes if anything played no part in any of their oh so impressive victories.

PS I'll bet you're an Indy fan

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    They're probably that good, and everyone else is probably that bad. I could care less about the accusations. I recall in the 70s all the accusations that the Steelers were unfairly allowed to play dirty when the fact was, no one could touch them.

But I'll be rooting against NE pretty much no matter who they play. Haven't like them for 38 years, and ain't about to start.

7. 82Marine89

82Marine89 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Very serious.

They got caught twice. How many times did they not get caught?

Go Cowboys.

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I'm up for yet another Dallas-Pittsburgh Superbowl myself ... I just don't ever know who to root for.:confused:

Just curious ... how many times has the team with the best record in the NFL been knocked off by an underdog during the playoffs?

9. rOckNrOllsCar11

rOckNrOllsCar11 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Here's what gets me. The Pats lost their first round draft pick as punishment for cheating yet they'll still retain the one they made a deal for with the 49ers. Considering how bad they are, that's at least a 3rd or 4th pick overall.

http://www.draftinsiders.com/node/35

To this day, Neal O'Donnel says he didn't throw that interception on purpose...ya right?

As for the stat regarding underdog teams in the playoffs I'm not sure of that but while I was doing some research for the answer I found this little piece of info concerning the MLB when the owners were voting on realigning the league and making a wild card slot.

"I made my arguments and went down in flames. History will prove me right." -- Texas Rangers owner George W. Bush after voting against realignment and a new wild-card system during a Major League Baseball owners meeting in September 1993. Bush was the lone dissenter in a 27-1 vote.

Funny how Bush is wrong about everything. And look, he was the only one that disagreed with the changes too....idiot.:D

10. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,106
    They appear to be one of the greatest teams of all time at this moment. But they have to win the Super Bowl first. Otherwise, they're just like my 1998 15-1 Vikings. :redface: