Are the Iranian Sanctions Working? It appears so!!!

Certainly Iran sees it as provocation. I had a skype meeting Sunday with the Tehran office. All the sanctions have done is put more pressure on Iran to hurry up to complete making their bombs. The people are suffering, but not so much that they will revolt and bring down the ayatollahs.

That window opened and closed in 2009 when obama refused to support the opposition. obama has so many exceptions and so many countries are exempt from complying with sanctions that although the people are hurting, it's not so bad they will risk lives. Sanctions have considerably shortened the time line. Carefully crafted diplomacy will give Iran all the delay they need. What saddens me more than anything else is knowing that yes we really are that stupid.

Anyone would see it as provocation! Its an equivalent of "give me your wallet or else!" -- and you have a choice: you can obey or you can make a stand.

Do you think US has a right to orchestrate coups and "coloured revolutions" in sovereign nations?!

I know of no revolutions in foreign countries "ORCHESTRATED" by the US-----is your question ---does the US have the right to support this or that faction in revolutions? It seems to me that under some circumstances------it does

Yes, let's punish the people of Iran for the alleged crimes of their government.

What crimes? Iranian government refuses to roll over on US/Israeli command? Grave crime indeed...
Just stopped by the see what is going on here and had to double check to make sure this isn't an official board of the Islamic Republic of Iran!
Somebody refers to the crimes committed by mullahs by adding "alleged" and another one protests "what crime"?
Well, too bad being new I am not allowed to post links on here. Let's see, where can I start? Does identifying students who participated in the uprising of the summer of '09, picking them up from the universities, taking them to Evin (most horrific prison in Tehran) when they are never heard again qualify for crime?
How about executing youths but refuse to release their bodies to their families (until reimbursed for the cost of bullets?
Or hanging pregnant women or the handicapped?
Why aren't you guys at the mosque today, for Allah sake, it's Friday!

People are can point at this and that, but if Iran's economy collaspes so doesn't the Ayatollah's strangle-hold on the government!

Unemployment mounts as Iran's economy falters - Israel Business, Ynetnews
Unemployment mounts as Iran's economy falters

Inflation in Islamic Republic is running at 25% officially, and could in reality be double that, economists say, as trade embargoes have curbed export prospects and made it difficult for many local companies to obtain vital raw materials

Reuters
Steinitz: Iran economy 'on verge of collapse' - Israel Business, Ynetnews
"It is not collapsing, but it is on the verge of collapse. The loss of income from oil there is approaching $45-50 billion by the year's end," Steinitz said.

Soaring inflation
An Israeli Foreign Ministry document leaked last week said sanctions had caused more damage to Iran's economy than at first thought and ordinary Iranians were suffering under soaring inflation, although this did not appear to be changing policy.

On Saturday, the Iranian currency slumped to an historic low of about 28,400 rials to the dollar, a fall of about 57% since June 2011, meaning a sharp rise in the price of imports.

"The Iranians are in great economic difficulties as a result of the sanctions," Steinitz said.

Have they stopped pursuing nuclear power? No, that proves that the sanctions have not accomplished the stated goal.

Let's see, where can I start? Does identifying students who participated in the uprising of the summer of '09, picking them up from the universities, taking them to Evin (most horrific prison in Tehran) when they are never heard again qualify for crime?
How about executing youths but refuse to release their bodies to their families (until reimbursed for the cost of bullets?
Or hanging pregnant women or the handicapped?
Why aren't you guys at the mosque today, for Allah sake, it's Friday!

You can start with this, for example:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY9ZetQcUPg&feature=player_embedded]"[/ame]

Then you can move onto this:
129054421.jpg

and this:
128988577.gif

http://sipiko.users.photofile.ru/photo/sipiko/3240202/128988577.gif

and this:
128988579.gif

http://sipiko.users.photofile.ru/photo/sipiko/3240202/128988579.gif

128988581.gif

http://sipiko.users.photofile.ru/photo/sipiko/3240202/128988581.gif

128988578.gif

http://sipiko.users.photofile.ru/photo/sipiko/3240202/128988578.gif

128988582.gif

http://sipiko.users.photofile.ru/photo/sipiko/3240202/128988582.gif

And how about the latest US law that allows US authorities to arrest anyone on a "tip of" and put a person in prison FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE WITHOUT EVIDENCE OF GUILT, TRIAL OR ACCESS TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION?!

But on the other hand, you can simply ask yourself: WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO POKE YOUR NOSES INTO OTHER NATIONS LIVES?!

Last edited:
mememe, et al,

Iran is a very beautiful country. And for the most part, the Iranian people are much like any other people.

And now, Iran and Iranians Western media doesn't want you to see:
(COMMENT)

But I don't think the people have control of their country.

Most Respectfully,
R

mememe, et al,

Iran is a very beautiful country. And for the most part, the Iranian people are much like any other people.

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

All the more reason not to punish them for the perceived crimes of their government.

mememe, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

In every country people have as much control as they prepared to tolerate.

There is no one universal model of governing. Each nation chooses its own path. What you have in US may be OK for you, but for Russians it looks insane; it will not suit even British. That doesn't mean that other countries should pass judgement and dictate Americans how they should govern themselves. Equally, Americans have no right to judge how other nations choose to organise their lives.

Forum List

Back