Are the 10 to 60 thousand people trapped behind Taliban roadblocks "hostages" ?

Lefty don't care one bit.
Yes. I would be surprised if this horrible hostage situation growing out of the botched Afghanistan
withdrawal caused many leftists to change their orientation to the world.
Despite claiming to be liberal thinkers they are much more stodgy authoritarian types.

Biden mentioned 60,000 people, but I think he was referring to translaters and their families. Elsewhere, I have read the estimate of 10,000 Americans. These are people who worked in NGOs, food aid workers, contractors, etc. There were also teachers and educators helping with schools. There were legal advisors who now won't be needed. I would be interested if anyone could tell us who these 10,000 people actually are. No one knows a precise number.

The Taliban have hit the social media circuit, announcing this and that about women. Yet when the fighters advanced through Kandahar, one Westernized woman had her hair burned and she was murdered. Three daughters were taken as war brides in forced marriages by these religious fighters. Whatever happens in the future, if they want to come home, that is a problem.

The Taliban have circled the Karzai airport. There are roadblocks with armed Taliban fighters everywhere. Germany cannot get to people in Masar-Sherif in the north. Britain sent military teams into the country to get their people. Biden guessed that he could not do that.
it’s hard to say just how many of our people are being held hostage…i don’t think the Xiden admin has any clue

Trump said the Taliban would stop the terrorists.
CORRECT ?

Trump LIED. For the 10,000th Time.
actually he made that a condition of the agreement, that they would, before he’d pull out troops

xiden tossed that agreement and pulled the military out, even before civilians, which has caused this chaos

keep up

The President who created this problem was Bush, when he decided we needed to do Nation Building in a 12 century feudal society.
haha with authorization that xiden gave him!

xiden owns this. things were going just fine until he pulled this stunt

Forum List

Back