Are sex robots a danger to human intimacy?

I doubt they are a threat to human intimacy. But they are a threat to hookers.
You know some robopimp is gonna amass a stable of 'em and program them to hit the streets somewhere. I foresee a day when we’ll have laws to keep them an ordained distance from schools, churches and day care centers. I don’t worry too much about them with access to the centers of power since we already have accepted whores, pimps and thieves in leadership positions.

I can see mega profits. I'll have to buy a bus to carry them all.
I'd go with a double decker.

The race is on to develop the first commercial sex robot for the mass market, the journalist Jenny Kleeman describes what they look like and how they work. And, Dr Kathleen Richardson, Senior Research Fellow in the Ethics of Robotics and Dr Kate Devlin senior lecturer in computing discuss if they are the ultimate in sexual objectification or an opportunity to improve of experience of sex.

BBC RADIO 4 - WOMAN'S HOUR
BBC Radio 4 - Woman's Hour, Valerie June, the WI opens a branch in prison and are sex robots a danger to human intimacy?

People who would choose a sex robot have a problem with human intimacy to begin with.

Sex robots if they would be mass marketed are more of a threat to human civilisation, you cannot produce children with a sex robot, without children ie. future generations then human civilisation ends.
Interesting point of view Lucy Hamilton :)

Ok, Ok I have a solution to both. Keep a real woman in every block for reproducing purposes. Problem solved. lol lol lol
Perhaps Lucy can provide some services in that regard; sounds prepared to take up the fight, for humanity.

We know how to clone, and calves have been brought to term in artificial wombs, so it may just be a matter of time...

Forum List

Back