Are religious people of faith slighted in the military forces?

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
I would think not.

"Huckabee told Iowa talk radio host Jan Mickelson that the Obama administration “orders its chaplains to put its Bibles away, not to pray in Jesus' name, not to counsel people on the issues of sexual morality.”

“When you have this attitude that is more about promoting gay marriage and gay rights in the military than it is about being able to protect religious liberty for those people of faith,” Huckabee said, “it’s going to be hard to find people that are truly devoted people of faith and Christian believers and Orthodox Jews and others.” Mike Huckabee Says You Should Wait Until Obama Leaves Office To Join The Military following up on a Washington Times story.

I remember thirty years ago the far right evangelicals and fundamentalists chaplains whining that they could not tell the other sects' chaplains what to teach, etc.

I would think not.

"Huckabee told Iowa talk radio host Jan Mickelson that the Obama administration “orders its chaplains to put its Bibles away, not to pray in Jesus' name, not to counsel people on the issues of sexual morality.”

“When you have this attitude that is more about promoting gay marriage and gay rights in the military than it is about being able to protect religious liberty for those people of faith,” Huckabee said, “it’s going to be hard to find people that are truly devoted people of faith and Christian believers and Orthodox Jews and others.” Mike Huckabee Says You Should Wait Until Obama Leaves Office To Join The Military following up on a Washington Times story.

I remember thirty years ago the far right evangelicals and fundamentalists chaplains whining that they could not tell the other sects' chaplains what to teach, etc.
Yes, they thought it wrong to have services in the chapel that was moderate and didn't lean towards any specific religion...I was in 1982-1988.. I had never been in a church with kneeling bar without a Catholic priest...

Obama is just a pawn in the ChrisTaliban's armageddon game. They solidly back Netanyahu's "I speak for all Jews when I say all Jews must emigrate to Israel". Because their religion depends on nuking all the Jews to lure their messiah back.

Obama is just a pawn in the ChrisTaliban's armageddon game. They solidly back Netanyahu's "I speak for all Jews when I say all Jews must emigrate to Israel". Because their religion depends on nuking all the Jews to lure their messiah back.
102032-someone-is-wrong-on-the-Intern-vTAg.gif

Huckabee's only running because he's desperate to stay relevant. I see a television gig and a new book in his future after he loses in the primaries. Then we'll see him again 4 years later.

Forum List

Back