Are personal attacks during a debate Christian?

• Banned
Originally posted by gop_jeff
What is the point of this post? If you are trying to start a flame war in my forum, you aren't going to get very far.

My point is to determine the concensus opinion on personal attacks during a debate and if said attacks are consisten with christianity.

Would you prefer me to do an official-type poll?

How is this for you:

Matthew 5:44
But I tell you: Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you and pray for those who persecute you.

Luke 6:27-28
But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Romans 12:14
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
How is this for you:

Matthew 5:44
But I tell you: Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you and pray for those who persecute you.

Luke 6:27-28
But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Romans 12:14
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

Oh man, I feel that my shoes are getting real hot! :eek:

• Banned
You can love your enemy and still tell him he's wrong and why. ANd you should be able to do that without getting called names.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
You can love your enemy and still tell him he's wrong and why. ANd you should be able to do that without getting called names.

Honest question: why is it that you are unable to do that?

• Banned
Originally posted by OCA
Honest question: why is it that you are unable to do that?

I do it well. I will throw in an occasional stinging remark, but i stay on the arguments. I don't go into full campaigns to remove people I disagree with.

and they should be able to do it without having to show their ID's to the cops.

Ya gotta forgive em RW----they make mistakes too when thier convictions fail them. ( or when they fail thier convictions )

Originally posted by dilloduck
Ya gotta forgive em RW----they make mistakes too when thier convictions fail them. ( or when they fail thier convictions )

too? What the f are you talking about!!

Originally posted by HGROKIT
bit of advise browney - you may want to sit this one out and just watch from the sidelines :D

Hey man, don't sideline my new minion. She's growing here, can't you see that?:D

Hey man, don't sideline my new minion. She's growing here, can't you see that?:D
I see that, just want that growth to continue and would hate to see her cut off at the knees. besides, I've seen her pic, she is too cute to get int eh moddle of a crossfire with all you neanderthals. :D

Forum List

Back