AP Spin: No Public Option is GOP's Fault... Classic!

Chalk another one up for Republican misinformation and fear mongering.
As directed by the Insurance industry, the repubs resorted to their typical tricks to swamp the public with lies and threats of impending doom.
Meanwhile, the US lingers at #37 in healthcare while repubs spread rumors about "death panels"

As of 8 March 2009, there are 235 Democratic and 199 Republican members of the United States House of Representatives; one seat is vacant
WikiAnswers - How many Democrats and Republicans are in the senate

They have a super majority in the Senate of 60.

Please tell me just how it's the republicans?
I'm against a public option, and I haven't once been contacted by an insurance company for my marching orders.:cuckoo:
I want you to think about that 1000+ page healthcare reform with all the convoluted wording that even confused the people who were to vote on it. Maybe....just maybe that could have been part of the problem?
You do realize that there was a lot of people on the left that weren't for this boondoggle, also?
But, I guess the left has to blame some one other than themselves. I think they just underestimated how many people in America actually think for themselves.

It couldn't possibly be that the public is against his Ossiah. couldn't possibly be that.

As directed by the Insurance industry, the repubs resorted to their typical tricks to swamp the public with lies and threats of impending doom.
Meanwhile, the US lingers at #37 in healthcare while repubs spread rumors about "death panels"

:clap2:

So Chris, when are you going to buy your own health insurance policy?

Last edited:

So Chris, when are you going to buy your own health insruance policy?

When he gets hurt. Oh wait, it doesn't work that way. He'll have to sell everything he owns and then we'll pay for it.

I am not one bit surprised. If you can't blame Bush, blame his party.

It's amazing isn't it?

Recently they've been blaming average--everyday--taxpaying American citizens too. Anyone who is opposed to Obama's take over of national health care is a Nazi--is un-American--etc. etc.

It appears that these town hall meetings more than made their point. Americans do NOT trust the federal government regarding their health.

Now the next question is: What is it about co-op's in health insurance that liberals in the U.S. congress hate? :cuckoo:

Grand Junction CO--where Obama was yesterday is covered by a privately run NOT FOR PROFIT medical insurance company called Rocky Mountain health systems. Maybe he took a tour of those facilities while he was there, & as our old senator Ken Salazar has been begging him to do for months?

Last edited:

As of 8 March 2009, there are 235 Democratic and 199 Republican members of the United States House of Representatives; one seat is vacant

I'm against a public option, and I haven't once been contacted by an insurance company for my marching orders.:cuckoo:
I want you to think about that 1000+ page healthcare reform with all the convoluted wording that even confused the people who were to vote on it. Maybe....just maybe that could have been part of the problem?
You do realize that there was a lot of people on the left that weren't for this boondoggle, also?
But, I guess the left has to blame some one other than themselves. I think they just underestimated how many people in America actually think for themselves.

The media underestimated to, that's why they try and blame the minority republican congress that has zilch power to do anything. It'd fucking laughable, except for the morons that believe the spin they are getting.

It's the magical republican minority with no authority that mysteriously overrides the democrat majority. It's almost as if we live in the land of fairies and dragons.

Can't speak for the dragons, but I hear there are lots of Fairies around the country. Particularly in Cali.

The media underestimated to, that's why they try and blame the minority republican congress that has zilch power to do anything. It'd fucking laughable, except for the morons that believe the spin they are getting.

The democrat party depends on the ignorance of the American public--otherwise no one would ever vote for them.

They thought everyone was too busy watching "dancing with the stars"--so they tried to shove this bill down our throats in 3 short weeks.

They guessed wrong.

But--there are still alot of liberals out there believing what they were told a thousand times over by Barack Obama. That they'll get FREE HEALTH CARE--paid for by the over 250k crowd--which only represents 5% of the entire population of the U.S. "That's what I mean by ignorance." :cuckoo:

Anyone who believed that has got to be dummer than a 2 x 4.

Criss--have you paid for your own medical insurance policy yet--or are you waiting for Sean Connery-your picture icon-(since he is rich) to pay for it for you?

Does 007 need to come to your rescue?

Criss--have you paid for your own medical insurance policy yet--or are you waiting for Sean Connery-your picture icon-(since he is rich) to pay for it for you?

Does 007 need to come to your rescue?

I would appreciate it if you not insult Peter Criss by spelling that mental midget's handle that way.

Don't call the game when we've just hit halftime...

...the Dems will not give up on a Public Option without a fight. Public healthcare was one of Mr. Obama's most critical campaign promises, and he won't give up on it, not in the long term.

I, and millions like myself, will continue to make Mr. Obama fight for every inch of ground on this issue. He may have a friendly Congress, but he lacks the will to overpower the American people.

...the Dems will not give up on a Public Option without a fight. Public healthcare was one of Mr. Obama's most critical campaign promises, and he won't give up on it, not in the long term.

I, and millions like myself, will continue to make Mr. Obama fight for every inch of ground on this issue. He may have a friendly Congress, but he lacks the will to overpower the American people.

all it would take is one or two seats in the Senate for the repubs in 2010 and it'd be damned hard to get social medicine through.

Damn...imagine the will to overpower the American people. The will to over power the American people is that he is supposed to be working for? He works for those people....those people don't work for him. But, maybe in your world they do. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
So Barry can't even get his DemocRAT House and Senate that don't Require ONE REPUBLICan Vote to get in Line with his Plan, but this is the Mean Old REPUBLICan's Fault that the American People won't get a "Public Option"...

Newspeak, anybody?... AP, you have once again done your Master Proud.

White House appears ready to drop 'public option'

By PHILIP ELLIOTT
Associated Press Writer Aug 16, 2:22 PM EDT
Bismarck Tribune Online - World and National News

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Bowing to Republican pressure, President Barack Obama's administration signaled on Sunday it is ready to abandon the idea of giving Americans the option of government-run insurance as part of a new health care system.

Facing mounting opposition to the overhaul, administration officials left open the chance for a compromise with Republicans that would include health insurance cooperatives instead of a government-run plan. Such a concession probably would enrage Obama's liberal supporters but could deliver a much-needed victory on a top domestic priority opposed by GOP lawmakers.

---

Once again, Barry doesn't Need ONE GOP Vote...

Stop Lying, AP... It's just Sad at this point.

:)

peace...
uh, since the oiverwhelming majority of Americans didnt want the "public option" isnt that actually giving the republicans the credit for listening to the people(for a change)

So the fact that every senator who supported this debacle who has to run in 2010, is suddenly traliing some by double digit leads including the current senate boss, woke the idiots up to the fact their dumb ass idea that it was just Republicans invading their precious town halls is bollocks.

So the fact that every senator who supported this debacle who has to run in 2010, is suddenly traliing some by double digit leads including the current senate boss, woke the idiots up to the fact their dumb ass idea that it was just Republicans invading their precious town halls is bollocks.

I like the sound of that. Can you provide a link?

So Barry can't even get his DemocRAT House and Senate that don't Require ONE REPUBLICan Vote to get in Line with his Plan, but this is the Mean Old REPUBLICan's Fault that the American People won't get a "Public Option"...

Newspeak, anybody?... AP, you have once again done your Master Proud.

White House appears ready to drop 'public option'

By PHILIP ELLIOTT
Associated Press Writer Aug 16, 2:22 PM EDT
Bismarck Tribune Online - World and National News

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Bowing to Republican pressure, President Barack Obama's administration signaled on Sunday it is ready to abandon the idea of giving Americans the option of government-run insurance as part of a new health care system.

Facing mounting opposition to the overhaul, administration officials left open the chance for a compromise with Republicans that would include health insurance cooperatives instead of a government-run plan. Such a concession probably would enrage Obama's liberal supporters but could deliver a much-needed victory on a top domestic priority opposed by GOP lawmakers.

---

Once again, Barry doesn't Need ONE GOP Vote...

Stop Lying, AP... It's just Sad at this point.

:)

peace...

its a set up, watch for what comes next.

No, it was the $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS that the healthcare companies gave to Congress.

Don't you know who owns Congress?

Certainly not the people.

No, it was the $3.4 BILLION DOLLARS that the healthcare companies gave to Congress.

Don't you know who owns Congress?

Certainly not the people.
you voted for them

As a Democrat and an Obama supporter, if Obama doesn't get this done, then I will be voting Republican. I don't care about excuses, I want results. Bush got results. I hated those results but he got crap done. The Dems control both houses and the Presidency and yet, they can't get something that the majority of the American people want. (Those who don't believe in "death panels")
I do not like how the Repubs have weakened universal health care because I think it is needed, but I respect that they got it done. Obama looks weak.
If Universal health care fails, that will just mean Obama never wanted it for the people, he just wanted to save Corporate America money on Health care for it's workers... Now that is truely troubling.

Forum List

Back