Anyone Surprised At Bias?

I wasn't a history student, so I never had Burdick, but I did take a class with Butler...he was too geeky and softspoken to try to preach on politics :)

I did, however, have David Lindberg...that guy was a VERY liberal blowhard who fit the definition of liberal-who-wants-to-indoctrinate-students VERY well, lol.

The funny thing is that if you look at the faculty at EC, the philosophy department and the economics department are both VERY Conservative.

((And just for the record, I was a Poli Sci / Economics double major))

I wished I hadn't had to cram so much in, but I picked up the history/educ creds in just 2 years, there wasn't even one class I could take for 'fun'.

I've been dickering with whether to get MA in history or pol. sci. What I should do is just go and pick up the 2 econ courses I need to get my last endorsement, but ewww, I hated econ. LOL!

All this statistic tells me is that highly educated people vote Democratic.

It tells me nothing about liberal bias in the class. I don't recall hardly ever hearing professors talk about politics in the classroom. They were too busy teaching calculus, science, engineering and economics to have time to brainwash kids.

I've noticed that the people who most often whine about liberal brainwashing in college, are from people who never went to college. I'd say 99.99% of my time in college classrooms didn't even involve any discussion of politics.

One of my majors was political science (english lit was the other) and I still don't recall any discussion that would have been considered either 'liberal' or 'conservative'.... Were most of us on the liberal side? I don't know... the guy who lived next door to me my first term was a born again Christian and we didn't talk politics, we talked theology. As for the rest of us, politics wasn't really the prime focus of our discussions... I don't recall having very many talks that involved finding out people's politics. In our late teens, we were probably more interested in the meaning of life... and people of the opposite sex... oh yeah, and music.

Educated people at better universities tend to vote Democrat.

By the way...the stats are a bit misleading as well, considering that if you look at the general population about 66% of all donations are to Democratic candidates for the '08 election. Next you'll be accusing the general populace of being biasd towards Democrats.

What makes those schools the "better universities"?

So called "educated" people tend to be just as dumb as everyone else. they just dont realize it.

They are pretty clearly recognized as the top universities in the country. From personal experience, I can say that they are considered such with good reason. I attended a public institution in Ohio, and subsequently went to grad school at one of the universities listed above. The second was definitely the better school, with more rigorous study and better professors in their fields.

So called "educated" people tend to be just as dumb as everyone else. they just dont realize it.

Harvard, Columbia, Stanford? They are better because they have much higher standards, give tons of resources to their students, and provide an extremely high quality education. There is a reason many of the leaders around the world come from these universities, and not your local JC.

Then you went to very different universities than myself or my children:

University of Illinois
University of Chicago
Western Illinois University
Northern Illinois University
Elmhurst College
Northwestern University

Please.

I've gotta question now whether you even went to college.

As other people have noted in this thread, our time in college classrooms hardly ever involved any discussion of politics, and liberal brainwashing. Did you even go to college? I never once heard my economics professor, my statistics professor, my calculus professor, or my biology professor make political statements in class. We were learning and discussing the subject matter at hand.

Like I said, the people who whine about liberal brainwashing in college, are typically people who never even went to college, and simply believe what Rush Limbaugh tells them about colleges.

Education has a liberal bias.

You see when you learn the facts then you realise facts have a liberal bias.

Look at the schools which are considered conservitive and tell me how they rate in their ability to produce top rate graduates?

One of my majors was political science (english lit was the other) and I still don't recall any discussion that would have been considered either 'liberal' or 'conservative'.... Were most of us on the liberal side? I don't know... the guy who lived next door to me my first term was a born again Christian and we didn't talk politics, we talked theology. As for the rest of us, politics wasn't really the prime focus of our discussions... I don't recall having very many talks that involved finding out people's politics. In our late teens, we were probably more interested in the meaning of life... and people of the opposite sex... oh yeah, and music.

Same here. Hardly any political discussion in class.

Anyone who claims to have gone to a college, where professors in the classroom were foisting liberal politics on student, I want the name of that college. Because those people who claim to have gone there wasted their tuition money. My college class time was spent learning mathematics, science, economics, geography, etc. Anyone who spent time in class listening to professors blather on about liberal politics, got ripped off. They didn't get a college education.

On the other hand, I think people doing the whining about liberal brainwashing in classes, never went to college themselves. They only read about the allegations on NewsMax or something.

Forum List

Back