Anyone remember the election in 2006?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dante, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Anyone remember the election in 2006?

:eusa_whistle:

Anyone remember the election in 2010

:eusa_whistle:

even 2008 had many a Republican and Conservative nitwit making crazed predictions.

2. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    11-02-2010, 06:28 pm
    11-02-2010, 06:58 PM
    ---

3. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    Get some help, Dante....it sounds like you've managed to become a true pot head.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Billo_Really

Billo_Really Litre of the Band

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,261
    I remember the 2006 mid-terms like it was yesterday. Republican's got booted out of office faster than mexican water through a first time tourist. It was a wholesale repudiation of the neocon agenda. All (but 2) pro-war candidates lost their jobs. But the one thing I remember most, was that the republicans actually cheated and tried to fix the vote count in their favor, but they didn't realize the level of outrage the country had towards them and didn't fix enough votes to stop the purge.

But then, right after the election, Pelosi tells the country, they've taken impeachment off the table, which was one of the reasons the country put them back in power. Then they abandoned most of the key elements of the liberal agenda they said they were going to do during the campaign once they got in office, which dis-allusioned many of the young voters that came out in droves (because they were so sick of what Bush did to the country) and as a result, they stayed away from the 2010 election to punish the dems for going back on their word.

Many on the right are so twisted in their belief that people actually voted for them in 2010 because they supported their policies. They don't realize they didn't do anything to deserve the votes. Just like the last 4 years. They've done nothing for the country. I challenge anyone to name me one piece of legislation they voted into law, that has benefited average American's. Just one!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  5. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    Truly and ignorant statement by someone who is addicted to government goodies.

The right does not want legislation that helps the average worker....such legislation is a myth.

They want no federal legislation and regulation that inhibits the ability of people to take care of themselves.

All the money we spend on education and we are still dealing with this ?

6. Billo_Really

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,261
    Like Halliburton, KBR, General Dynamics, etc are?

Name one piece of legislation the right has enacted in the last 4 years that has benefited American's. Just one. Because if you can't, it's not a myth.

It's the federal governments job to enact all laws to maintain the health and welfare the the country. And there are no more regulations now, than there was back in the early 90's, when we had 8 years of economic growth.

I'm more worried about the money were spending to fund these unecessary bullshit wars we've been fighting for the last 10 years.

7. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    Were you trying to make a point here ? I don't like big companies, especially the ones that are to big to fail

Name one piece of legislation the right has enacted in the last 4 years that has benefited American's. Just one. Because if you can't, it's not a myth.[/QUOTE]

Did you miss the point of my post.....there is no such legislation...it is a myth. Not being able to name one is a testament to the job the people elected congress to do...stop the Obamacrap.

It's the federal governments job to enact all laws to maintain the health and welfare the the country. And there are no more regulations now, than there was back in the early 90's, when we had 8 years of economic growth.[/QUOTE]

Your statement about the federal government is only again evidence that whatever money you spent on education was wasted.

That is not their job.

I'm more worried about the money were spending to fund these unecessary bullshit wars we've been fighting for the last 10 years.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

But that isn't going to help you get smarter.

We already spend way to much on education and not getting any good return on that.

8. American_Jihad

American_Jihad Flaming Libs/Koranimals

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,359
  9. Billo_Really

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,261
    I'm making the point that when it comes to government goodies, there are no bigger recipients than the military industrial complex.

70% of the country wanted healthcare reform. Americans wanted jobs. They wanted the wars to end. And they wanted an end to corporate welfare. The republicans did nothing to address those issues.

You don't elect people to do nothing in office. No one pays someone not to do their jobs. And they certainly don't pay someone to prevent others from doing their jobs.

Care to explain that in a little more detail? Or are vague innuendo's as far as you go?
    It's not their job? Does this look familiar?

And to think, you commented on my education.

You just want to dumb down the country so they won't call you on all the bullshit you're spewing.

10. Listening

Listening Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,044
    As has been proven on numerous threads....the General Welfare Clause does not mean what you wished it meant. If you need further clarification...I'll make up for what you didn't get in High School.

Ever read the Federalist Papers, or Madison's letters ?

As to Health Care Reform....most of the country wanted reform...not Obamacare. There is a huge difference.

What was that about bulls**t ?