Anyone Notice GPS’s Are Getting Worse?

Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Seems like now they’re all ‘most efficient’ or ‘shortest route’ no matter your settings.

Which means it has you get off main roads onto tiny cow paths and then later you end up back on the main road you were on. I’m sure it’s because it’s 2 feet shorter distance.

I believe it’s because they’re thinking their new programs are saving people gas, when in fact it costs you more. I never use a GPS of any type now without studying the route, and about 50% of the time will override the GPS.

Exhibit 4,738 on technology getting worse.

I mostly use Waze. No, I haven't seen that. I always get sent what it notes is the quickest route.

Seems like now they’re all ‘most efficient’ or ‘shortest route’ no matter your settings.

Which means it has you get off main roads onto tiny cow paths and then later you end up back on the main road you were on. I’m sure it’s because it’s 2 feet shorter distance.

I believe it’s because they’re thinking their new programs are saving people gas, when in fact it costs you more. I never use a GPS of any type now without studying the route, and about 50% of the time will override the GPS.

What is Exhibit 4,738?

I've used the Garmin for years. There have been times where she ran me off into a bog or a one-way street. It's easier to just say "Hey Google" into the smartphone and get the directions.

There's most likely nothing different other than the military's manipulation of S.A. during all US wars. It will be off and on during the day. Those who can access Russia's system will find it more reliable.

Some GPS's will divert you to a secondary route if it is faster because of a backup on the main route

That's correct and a benefit over the GPS of the past but not what the OP is complaining about.

The smart phone is smarter than you?

Some GPS's will divert you to a secondary route if it is faster because of a backup on the main route
As an example I can take a main road home and where it ends in a T I turn left at the light.

Google says 200 yards before you get to the T take a small side road that caddy corners the light. Except that caddy corner has no light so now you’re trying to make a left on a busy 4 lane road with no light.

As an example I can take a main road home and where it ends in a T I turn left at the light.

Google says 200 yards before you get to the T take a small side road that caddy corners the light. Except that caddy corner has no light so now you’re trying to make a left on a busy 4 lane road with no light.

So that settles it. GPS is broke because there is no light in your example.

Yes! I often use Google Maps like many people do. It will often route me one way to a destination and a different way back home depending on the traffic. Sometimes I will also get a warning about a speed trap that I am approaching or a traffic jam and get a request to reroute.

There have been times when the gps reroutes me that I find a nice chunk of the traffic taking the same detour. I assume they are probably using the same gps app as me and are being rerouted for the same reason.

Yes! I often use Google Maps like many people do. It will often route me one way to a destination and a different way back home depending on the traffic. Sometimes I will also get a warning about a speed trap that I am approaching or a traffic jam and get a request to reroute.

There have been times when the gps reroutes me that I find a nice chunk of the traffic taking the same detour. I assume they are probably using the same gps app as me and are being rerouted for the same reason.
Many times I ignore those reroutes and find no traffic.

Forum List

Back