Anyone know the history of this board?

I remember a board called general discussions.....anyone familiar with that one?

Ah yes that was it. I posted in there a lot --off and on--under various names of which I cannot even remember.

There was one guy in there with I argued a lot with...cannot recall his name...he was an insurance adjustor and had a condo down in Florida somewhere.

Anyone remember the california gal called proxy....a real knockout.

Another very attractive Calif. girl on there was Gail...lived close to Yosemite...Fresno I think it was. Worked for the City....we were supposed to meet in Vegas once...something happened to prevent it...forget what it was now.

This was a long time ago...but seems like yesterday...circa 1997

Another character one there was Packaged Pork from N.Y.

Can anyone recall the names of any of the boards from yesteryore.....I first started posting on the Art Bell board.....lived in Vegas at that time....he lived over the hump in Pahrump ...he had a compound over there ...I drove by there once.

I really like that old aol format....very user friendly.

Last edited:
I remember a board called general discussions.....anyone familiar with that one?

4dc1cc0fbc8b2df90634df5f1a624ed1--pretty-things-things-i-love.jpg.9cc3054b7107ee8e15b155b9a0cfa2f2.jpg

Ah yes that was it. I posted in there a lot --off and on--under various names of which I cannot even remember.

There was one guy in there with I argued a lot with...cannot recall his name...he was an insurance adjustor and had a condo down in Florida somewhere.

Another very attractive Calif. girl on there was Gail...lived close to Yosemite...Fresno I think it was. Worked for the City....we were supposed to meet in Vegas once...something happened to prevent it...forget what it was now.

Can anyone recall the names of any of the boards from yesteryore.....I first started posting on the Art Bell board.....lived in Vegas at that time....he lived over the hump in Pahrump ...he had a compound over there ...I drove by there once.

USMB didn't exist in 1997.. The entire HISTORY of this board is ALL HERE.. We've never dumped any content to my knowledge.. Even thru 2 forum Software changes.. Especially fun to read the Mod room discussions back in ancient times (circa 2003 or 2004)...

Just checked the first posts in the Mod Lounge and the founding date is somewhere around Aug 2003....

USMB didn't exist in 1997.. The entire HISTORY of this board is ALL HERE.. We've never dumped any content to my knowledge.. Even thru 2 forum Software changes.. Especially fun to read the Mod room discussions back in ancient times (circa 2003 or 2004)...

Just checked the first posts in the Mod Lounge and the founding date is somewhere around Aug 2003....

I was referring to the General Dissussion board.

Or the general discussions board...something like that. Just noticed one poster though I was talking about the general discussion forum on this board....no back then there was a message board called general discussion or general discussions. Or something similar.

I was hoping some of the old timers on here might have participated in that board...I wonder where they all went?

2003 seems like yesterday....does time really exist or is it just some artificial construct?

Several once active boards have closed down, DiscussAnything , and the old Political CrossFire was massive, busier than this one iirc, then just poof, it was gone, don't know what happened to it. Politic Online also gone, but still barely functioning last I went there, really slow. Blogs drew away most people who have a lot to actually say about anything, and that's where a lot of people now get their 'talking points' and analysis.

i like 'foreign but english' speaking boards that talk politics , current events and issues . Mostly i saw talk about the good old USA from a gaggle of 'brit' wankers and a few others from 'germany' and various places but they started closing down and i think it was due to MY speaking Freely . There was one board in particular and i loved it . This board is a pretty good board .

flacaltenn i would said Yes ,the private forum were delete just after the Conservative group was create but i Don't think you were the one behind the closing door i think it was more the leftie Doc who did not let the conservative express themself. he seem to be gone i Don't miss him at all LOL but i do miss the private Conservative Group :(

Forum List

Back