Anyone is planning or attending a protest? how to keep it peaceful:

It's sad that a small minority of people put Trump in power, when people should have actually just shown up and voted against him at the time. That's why Obama came into power, voter apathy. But as much as we trash Republicans, they never rioted or urged riots under pretense of "protesting". Why this sudden NEED to remove confederate statues that are over 100 years old? Who is pushing this phony contrived issue?

Pack your guns and bring your torches folks.

More like: Leave them at home or stay at home.

Instead of costing police resources and taxpayers money if conflicts or court actions result, save your resources:
Go save endangered historic sites, statues, and landmarks to European, White or Confederate history. Or if you are an environmentalist, go save an endangered species with that money!

Don't use your hands to strangle, punch or shoot each other.
Use your hands to build a community center. Or write letters and petitions,
raising funds for a good cause.

Why waste money fighting. Why destroy our nation's resources
when we don't even have money to pay for health care or services for Veterans.

If you REALLY care about these things, then put your money and your mouths there. Don't waste energy at protests costing taxpayers more money,
then complain when the programs you want can't get support for lack of funding!

Pack your guns and bring your torches folks.

More like: Leave them at home or stay at home.

Instead of costing police resources and taxpayers money if conflicts or court actions result, save your resources:
Go save endangered historic sites, statues, and landmarks to European, White or Confederate history. Or if you are an environmentalist, go save an endangered species with that money!

Don't use your hands to strangle, punch or shoot each other.
Use your hands to build a community center. Or write letters and petitions,
raising funds for a good cause.

Why waste money fighting. Why destroy our nation's resources
when we don't even have money to pay for health care or services for Veterans.

If you REALLY care about these things, then put your money and your mouths there. Don't waste energy at protests costing taxpayers more money,
then complain when the programs you want can't get support for lack of funding!
Tell the NaziKlaners, and better tell the cops:

State police and National Guardsmen watched passively for hours as self-proclaimed Nazis engaged in street battles with counter-protesters. ProPublica reporter A.C. Thompson was on the scene and reports that the authorities turned the streets of the city over to groups of militiamen armed with assault rifles.

Police Stood By As Mayhem Mounted in Charlottesville

Here's a novel idea. Try not hitting each other.

Ha ha aaronleland
I think there is a whole book on that already.
It's called "Everything I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten"
This included milk and cookies, and taking a nap.

But in today's world, people are taking "meds" instead.
That unfortunately can intensify depression or homicidal attacks,
as apparently the driver of the car in Charlottesville might
have experienced being on or off his meds inconsistently.

e.

As if that juiced-up media-canonized "martyr" wasn't on something that made her think she was Wonder Woman and could stop that car using her magic bracelets.

Where are you getting this The Sage of Main Street

Now, I agree with half the point you brought up about birthright.
I do believe people need to learn and follow the laws, and commit
to enforcing them if they are going to invoke rights. Privileges of citizenship come with responsibilities. These ARE rights and laws that come inherently with human nature by birth, but by those natural laws, we have to respect the same rights freedoms and justice for others as we want enforced for ourselves.

But I don't get where you assume Heyer was intoxicated on something to make her think she could survive an attack with a car!

If you are offended that she would be elevated as a civil rights hero when others who have done more have received less attention and tribute,
I understand where you are coming from.

But to project blame onto her is as inappropriate as projecting heroism on
her that you think is misplaced. Don't make that same mistake.

The thing you can blame counter-protesters for is they didn't have permits and work with police and organizers to keep the crowds SEPARATE and safe.

But The Sage of Main Street, you don't get the 'death penalty' for that.
She did not deserve to die, and I have no idea where you got the idea she thought she was superhuman and could take such a hit. I can only guess you were sarcastic.

If you want to make a statement that she isn't a hero compared to other people, then promote or raise funds for people you do think are worth the publicity as such. That would be a better way than making up comments to try to deflect the martyrdom you oppose. If you believe that should be directed to someone more deserving, then find those people and shine the light there!

The only way one'll find me on the street with a bunch of protesters is because they're blocking the door to the restaurant (or whatever) I'm trying to enter.

It works great if the motive of both sides is only to protest but what happens if creating unrest, an unstable environment and chaos is the actual goal?
Some of us understand that ONE SIDE'S motive is SOLELY to disrupt and prevent the other from exercising their CONSTITUTIONAL Right. They have no interest in peaceful protest. That's not why they go to these things.

More like: Leave them at home or stay at home
So citizens should be denied one right if they exercise another? Not in MY America.

Dear Death Angel
I am advising not ordering.
My original OP IS about how to conduct protests where they ****DON'T INVOKE**** VIOLENCE OR ARRESTS THAT COST TAXPAYERS MONEY.

You have the right to assemble PEACEABLY but not the right to incite a riot.
You don't have the right to burn cars or businesses.
There is a DIFFERENCE between LAWFUL protests and VANDALISM
and "conspiring to violate" laws or civil rights where violations
incur costs to taxpayers and victims of vandalism and other criminal abuses.

I am saying if you want to make a meaningful statement,
it will save taxpayers money if you invest the same time effort and resources
DIRECTLY in saving Confederate history instead of just protesting.

Or saving environmental treasures instead of just protesting.

There are WAYS and STEPS to ensuring civil obedience in protesting that
RESPECT the laws being invoked.

If you intend to violate those laws, just ask the taxpayers if they want to pay to clean up the messes you make. The money wasted is better off invested
DIRECTLY IN THE CAUSES AND SOLUTIONS you lobby for
IN THE FIRST PLACE.

That's my point. To all sides protesting each other over these protests!

Here's a novel idea. Try not hitting each other.

Ha ha aaronleland
I think there is a whole book on that already.
It's called "Everything I needed to know I learned in Kindergarten"
This included milk and cookies, and taking a nap.

But in today's world, people are taking "meds" instead.
That unfortunately can intensify depression or homicidal attacks,
as apparently the driver of the car in Charlottesville might
have experienced being on or off his meds inconsistently.

e.

As if that juiced-up media-canonized "martyr" wasn't on something that made her think she was Wonder Woman and could stop that car using her magic bracelets.

Where are you getting this The Sage of Main Street

Now, I agree with half the point you brought up about birthright.
I do believe people need to learn and follow the laws, and commit
to enforcing them if they are going to invoke rights. Privileges of citizenship come with responsibilities. These ARE rights and laws that come inherently with human nature by birth, but by those natural laws, we have to respect the same rights freedoms and justice for others as we want enforced for ourselves.

But I don't get where you assume Heyer was intoxicated on something to make her think she could survive an attack with a car!

If you are offended that she would be elevated as a civil rights hero when others who have done more have received less attention and tribute,
I understand where you are coming from.

But to project blame onto her is as inappropriate as projecting heroism on
her that you think is misplaced. Don't make that same mistake.

The thing you can blame counter-protesters for is they didn't have permits and work with police and organizers to keep the crowds SEPARATE and safe.

But The Sage of Main Street, you don't get the 'death penalty' for that.
She did not deserve to die, and I have no idea where you got the idea she thought she was superhuman and could take such a hit. I can only guess you were sarcastic.

If you want to make a statement that she isn't a hero compared to other people, then promote or raise funds for people you do think are worth the publicity as such. That would be a better way than making up comments to try to deflect the martyrdom you oppose. If you believe that should be directed to someone more deserving, then find those people and shine the light there!
Heroine on Heroin

You're projecting that I only resent the media's projection that she was a special person; what any free mind would be annoyed by is their taking for granted that she died through no fault of her own. Yet all clues, such as her heroes' behavior in Berkeley and Baltimore, showed that she was a willing participant in the riot. Her personal history has not been revealed, but the fact that she wasn't turned off by what even the sympathetic media have been forced to show about these pseudo-idealistic wannabe copkillers proves she was as degenerate as they are and capable of doing anything.

Another clue is that this mob had always stopped cars by standing in front of them. Either she was relying on that history or she was doped up.

It works great if the motive of both sides is only to protest but what happens if creating unrest, an unstable environment and chaos is the actual goal?
Some of us understand that ONE SIDE'S motive is SOLELY to disrupt and prevent the other from exercising their CONSTITUTIONAL Right. They have no interest in peaceful protest. That's not why they go to these things.

Students Wildly Indignant over Nearly Everything (S.W.I.N.E.)

In 1968, their grandpas got a 95% diapproval rating. I brought that up with the leader of the Students for a Democratic Society. He just smirked, revealing that he was a richkid snob. That whole class must have all its privileges stripped; it must be deported back to the crumbling castles of Europe where it belongs.

It's sad that a small minority of people put Trump in power, when people should have actually just shown up and voted against him at the time. That's why Obama came into power, voter apathy. But as much as we trash Republicans, they never rioted or urged riots under pretense of "protesting". Why this sudden NEED to remove confederate statues that are over 100 years old? Who is pushing this phony contrived issue?

The issue is to destroy the country. Removing the statues is just for today, tomorrow its the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence. That's what they are really after.

The Heralds Stand to the Left and to the Right of King Donkephant

Here are the data that the LowIQ media don't allow into the debates: the candidates on the the Right got more popular votes than Clinton and Stein. An intelligent observer would also notice that the Righth Wing talk show nannies never mention it either. That's why should demand an automatic runoff ballot.

More like: Leave them at home or stay at home
So citizens should be denied one right if they exercise another? Not in MY America.

Dear Death Angel
I am advising not ordering.
My original OP IS about how to conduct protests where they ****DON'T INVOKE**** VIOLENCE OR ARRESTS THAT COST TAXPAYERS MONEY.

You have the right to assemble PEACEABLY but not the right to incite a riot.
You don't have the right to burn cars or businesses.
There is a DIFFERENCE between LAWFUL protests and VANDALISM
and "conspiring to violate" laws or civil rights where violations
incur costs to taxpayers and victims of vandalism and other criminal abuses.

I am saying if you want to make a meaningful statement,
it will save taxpayers money if you invest the same time effort and resources
DIRECTLY in saving Confederate history instead of just protesting.

Or saving environmental treasures instead of just protesting.

There are WAYS and STEPS to ensuring civil obedience in protesting that
RESPECT the laws being invoked.

If you intend to violate those laws, just ask the taxpayers if they want to pay to clean up the messes you make. The money wasted is better off invested
DIRECTLY IN THE CAUSES AND SOLUTIONS you lobby for
IN THE FIRST PLACE.

That's my point. To all sides protesting each other over these protests!
Could you put your sermons in book form so I can read them while I am sitting on the toilet?

Forum List

Back