Anyone here actually open minded

The trouble with having an open mind is that people are always trying to shovel garbage into the opening.

I agree with that. It seems that if you don't adopt someone's ridiculous point of view then you are close minded. If you blindly accept their point of view then you are open minded.

Demanding someone to have an open mind is a technique used for manipulation. I see no reason to fall for it. If someone insults you for being close minded then you should avoid that person like the plague.
No when you're unable to have a productive argument without including rhetoric to 'slam' without even considering arguments against your point of view makes you closed minded

No when you're unable to have a productive argument without including rhetoric to 'slam' without even considering arguments against your point of view makes you closed minded

Define productive. I'm not a member of congress. I don't think we are solving problems around here. Nobody is paying us for our opinions.

This is just a place to vent our frustrations. Our current president isn't always able to have an open dialogue with congress on all issues yet the government still seems to function. Most arguments aren't productive even in places where it matters. US Message Board isn't a place where it matters.

I wouldn't take too much stock into a bull headed cotton headed ninny muggins that doesn't want to listen to anybody. Have you ever heard of Rush Limbaugh? The dude makes like $60 million per year or something like that.

Don't let them knucleheads get to you. Just giggle and stuff.

Define productive. I'm not a member of congress. I don't think we are solving problems around here. Nobody is paying us for our opinions.

This is just a place to vent our frustrations.
that's where I stop reading what you have to say

How very close minded of you.

Same for you

Same for you

Now that doesn't even make any sense.

You should read it some time. It might be interesting. It might be boring. You never know until you read it. Just try to have an open mind.

Forum List

Back