Anyone following the "Adelson Primaries"

Dana Milbank: GOP candidates kiss up to billionaire Sheldon Adelson - The Washington Post
Who wants to marry a billionaire?

John Kasich does. So do Scott Walker, Chris Christie and Jeb Bush.

sad, sad, sad, state of affairs. Thanks Repubs for Citizens United :thup:

What is Adelson's motivation for giving millions of dollars to politicians?

Because those politicians have a lot of power over us. If our politicians couldn't affect our lives in such a big way, Adelson wouldn't spend a dime on them.

Therefore, the problem is not Citizens United. The problem is that we have given our politicians that much power.

Wake up!

Last edited:
from my OP source:

(snip)
Dana Milbank: GOP candidates kiss up to billionaire Sheldon Adelson - The Washington Post
In addition to Adelson, two of the world’s other top-10 billionaires, David and Charles Koch (combined net worth: $81 billion) are pouring tens of millions into the 2014 midterm elections in an effort to swing the Senate to Republican control. These and other wealthy people, their political contributions unleashed by the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision, are buying the U.S. political system in much the same way Russian oligarchs have acquired theirs. (Super-rich liberals such as Tom Steyer are spending some of their fortunes to help Democrats, but they are pikers by comparison.)

Yeah Democrats never kiss up to people with big bucks.

the "yabut" defense. :rolleyes: Certainly you can come up w/ something better than that? :eusa_eh: BTW- I already addressed it anyway IN THE POST IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING YOURS :banghead: The last sentence no less. Go back to the Tavern or the Porch

Last edited:
I'm sorry, is there any difference between soliciting donations from Sheldon Adelson and soliciting them from SEIU? I mean other than Adelson made money and helped the economy and the SEIU are a bunch of thugs.

the "yabut" defense. :rolleyes: Certainly you can come up w/ something better than that? :eusa_eh: BTW- I already addressed it anyway IN THE POST IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING YOURS :banghead: The last sentence no less. Go back to the Tavern or the Porch

So why start up a thread to try and attempt to make a big deal about Republicans Adelson hmm? Perhaps to rehash the very old liberal talking point about Republicans being the party of the rich while pretending the Democrats are not if you don't want unoriginal response try coming up with a more original subject.

just saw this & the Repub Primaries are off and running

bor140409.gif

Who wants to marry a billionaire?

John Kasich does. So do Scott Walker, Chris Christie and Jeb Bush.

sad, sad, sad, state of affairs. Thanks Repubs for Citizens United :thup:

What is Adelson's motivation for giving millions of dollars to politicians?

Because those politicians have a lot of power over us. If our politicians couldn't affect our lives in such a big way, Adelson wouldn't spend a dime on them.

Therefore, the problem is not Citizens United. The problem is that we have given our politicians that much power.

Wake up!

No, we didn't give it to them, they took it with the complicity of the courts. It's what you get when judges depend on politicians for promotions.

So they greeieweenie that pledged 100 million to the commiecrats for your dear leaders EO on carbon regulation doesn't count, REALLY?

Forum List

Back