Any republican believers?

Let me see if I got this right, you claim that a tiny wisp of CO2, which is in quantities that could be described as a rounding error to being,

Don't be absurd. The rounding error nonsense, that is. Are you trying to demonstrate your total lack of statistical knowledge?

is causing: the planet to warm, melting the ice caps, acidify the oceans,

All well-proven. Only deranged political cranks deny such basics.

spawn Cat 5 hurricanes, floods and droughts,

Now you're veering into misrepresentation. As you always do.

but you can't point to a single lab experiment that show how CO2 does any of that because the system is too complicated and has too many variables.

Is that about right?

Middle-school science fairs regularly do such experiments. This has been pointed out to Frank before.

Science Fair Projects - Carbon dioxide (CO2) and global warming

Frank is apparently upset because the big players aren't publishing papers replicating the century-old science demonstrated at the middle-school science fairs.
6 Air from a person lungs a carbon dioxide concentration of about 4% whereas the smoke from the exhaust of a car will have about 12% carbon dioxide. The air around us has about 0.038% carbon dioxide.

Right.

And none of these experiments are done with the de minimus trace amounts that is in atmospheric CO2....Because if they were, the temperature increase wouldn't even chart in the static environment of a fish tank, let alone the infinitely dynamic global ecosystem.

Full disclosure, I ain't a republican, never was and never will be. I am however conservative by nature and politics, and do not trust those who have already been exposed as manipulators of the truth, as well as those who are trying to manipulate me.

Then you should be condemning the denialists, one of the sleaziest bunch of liars and con artists to ever exist on this planet. Why is your skepticism solely directed at one side?

Trying economic times such as we currently find ourselves in are not the right time to be blowing huge amounts of money on wind/solar companies and express trains that are nowhere near feasible to run. Be different if the rest of the world wasn't polluting the planet worse than we are, or if there was definitive proof that ecological disaster was imminent.

You conveniently ignore the legions of proven liars on the right side of the political spectrum, and focus on cherrypicking some irrelevencies from the other side. Your whole use of logic is very faulty. What do trains have to do with the absorption spectrum of CO2?

Let me see if I got this right, you claim that a tiny wisp of CO2, which is in quantities that could be described as a rounding error to being,

Don't be absurd. The rounding error nonsense, that is. Are you trying to demonstrate your total lack of statistical knowledge?

is causing: the planet to warm, melting the ice caps, acidify the oceans,

spawn Cat 5 hurricanes, floods and droughts,

but you can't point to a single lab experiment that show how CO2 does any of that because the system is too complicated and has too many variables.

Is that about right?

Middle-school science fairs regularly do such experiments. This has been pointed out to Frank before.

Frank is apparently upset because the big players aren't publishing papers replicating the century-old science demonstrated at the middle-school science fairs.

Once again, another set of experiments that have absolutely nothing to do with the central theory of AGW.

The difference between 4% CO2 and .038% CO2 is not the rounding error you claim affects the climate, but is several order of magnitude increase.

You knew that, right?

Why do you never have an experiment that shows the (non-existent) temperature differences between 250, 350 and 450 PPM of CO2?

Why do you suppose that is?

Also, the Warmers are the ones alleging that AGW causes both floods and droughts. It's ridiculous when I repeat it back to you but that's how OR spends most of his time at USMB, posting stories from the Weather Channel and blaming AGW

You do know don't you that CO2 follows temperature in the historical record as much as it LEADS temperature change?

Debunked denialist talking point #1. Relies on the awful logic that the present must behave exactly like the past, even if conditions in the present are wildly different.

And that because the warming factor from CO2 is logarithmic, it takes MASSIVELY INCREASING amounts of CO2 to get the SAME temp change at each step?

Which is why sensitivity is listed for each doubling of CO2. And since we have those massively increasing amounts of CO2, plus positive feedbacks, it's another red herring. Debunked denialist talking point #2.

That point is largely determined by the overlap in absoption with water vapor -- which is the PRIMARY greenhouse gas.

Debunked denialist talking point #3. Water vapor is feedback, not forcing.

And the effect of changes in the SPECTRAL content of the sun's radiation..... An effect JUST DISCOVERED since we've had real-time satellite spectral observations of the Sun.

That's just straw-grasping.

We are also short of understanding on MASSIVE EXCHANGES of CO2 that occur between the atmos. and the sea and land. The SEA puts 10 times the amount of CO2 into the atmos every year that man does and yet sinks more than it puts up. Same with the land.

Handwaving, with a fundamental misrepresentation of how an equilibrium system works.

And the ability of the sea and land to sink that excess is LARGER than it was assumed.

Wishful thinking.

But I'm out of here.

We'll check back in two years and settle this. You predicted massive cooling. I'd put the probability at 99% that you're going to be proven laughably wrong there. If I were you, I'd be working on your excuses now.

Is that about right?

Once again, another set of experiments that have absolutely nothing to do with the central theory of AGW.

The difference between 4% CO2 and .038% CO2 is not the rounding error you claim affects the climate, but is several order of magnitude increase.

You knew that, right?

Why do you never have an experiment that shows the (non-existent) temperature differences between 250, 350 and 450 PPM of CO2?

Why do you suppose that is?

Also, the Warmers are the ones alleging that AGW causes both floods and droughts. It's ridiculous when I repeat it back to you but that's how OR spends most of his time at USMB, posting stories from the Weather Channel and blaming AGW
That's how they "proved" that sodium cyclamate and saccharine were "carcinogens"...They pumped lab rats with the equivalent of a human drinking four cases of diet soda for ten years and voila, they got tumors!

Are there any republican believers in climate change on here?

1. Do you believe the Earth is warming?

2. If so, do you believe humans are causing it?

3. If so, do you think it will effect humans slightly, moderately, or in a major way?

4. Or do you not believe in it?

Nobody cares...............

Whether people believe or not is inconsequential in 2012. Crap and Tax is dead and not coming back. Why? Because America is 16 trillion in debt.

This Pew Poll pretty much says it all............

1472-1-1.gif

C0110_Bob_Rohrman-2.jpg

Pew did the poll again in February of this year and glboal warming didnt even make the list of the top 22 concerns ( look it up for yourself........Im tired).

These global warming crusaders who think they are going to spit out this BS and raise consciousness on this issue.

Nobody fucking cares...........:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:.........and only the k00ks want taxes going for windmills and solar panels. Thankfully, their numbers are politically irrelevant.

People can always build an emergency ark if necessary!!!:rock::rock::up:

Last edited:
for West, Frank and FlaCalTenn, OddBall et. al.................

Awesomenessseal.gif

in recognition of schooling the k00ks on a regular basis.

These cheesedick alarmists are so far off in the Outer Limits as not to be believed............with the state of the country as it is, they waste time getting behind a cause nobody gives a crap about.

Last edited:
....spawn Cat 5 hurricanes, floods and droughts,

You're one cold mf'er Mamooth.. Turning in your compadres for misrepresenting the science and creating undo alarm.. That Prize - winning Gore and his minions are gonna Fatwah you immediately.. But thanks for pointing out that OldieRocks, Saigon, and DundrHead need to STFU and quit blaming AGW for every drought, every flood, every tornado that finds a city center..

That's very respectable of you..

Last edited:
Handy list there. Guess we have 3 dead in Yosemite from CO2 induced HantaVirus...

I hear Kiss was forced to cancel a concert this weekend because of global warming. And if Romney wins in November ---- Yup -- Global Warming.

Love to see ALL news start with blaming it on Global Warming.. Get me Seth Meyers, SNL News Desk..

A child fest has broken out on the right.

Need any more evidence daphillenium?

Conservatives CAN'T believe global warming is occurring, it would cause their dogma to be questioned.

Don't worry, the 'invisible' hand to salve the climate.

Forum List

Back